Remove Advertisements

[10] Alone In The Darkness

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Alone In The Darkness

Postby fafhrd » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:58 am

Wow, TOC gear really makes this easier :S Best attempt before was I think 4% after an hour or so of attempts, went back this week since we had spare time, and one shotted it with no deaths, insanities or serious failbot messages (1 pair of malady fails and 1 gaze fail) :/

Raid gave me the tentacle, which I'm keeping snug, hydrated and happy ^_^
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Auroris » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:24 am

fafhrd wrote:Raid gave me the tentacle, which I'm keeping snug, hydrated and happy ^_^

Snugged...

Hydrated...

and happy...
XD!
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Sathoris » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:44 am

I have to say that when we did this, we weren't expecting this amount of dificulty increase from 1 keeper to 0 keepers.

I remember we were doing last two weeks U10 for some fellow guild members to get them a 310% speed mount with our 10 man group, and being a bit bored in our 10 man raiding day we decided to give it a shoot.

We bashed our heads for an hour and a bit on it and realized that we weren't expecting it to be this difficult.

We had absolutly no experience whatsoever with handling the adds in p3 as it was our first time we attempted 0 Keepers but we realized we need 2 Plate DPS to grab the empowered adds away from the group in order to survive this. And we managed to do it perfectly 3 times in a row on our kill.

What we were unsure was the chances of getting 1 add or 2 adds with beacon. Once we had 1 add only and rolled our strategy on that but all the other tries we had always 2, so we had to change our strat to support this.

We used:
1 Tank - Paly Tank me
2 Healers: 1 Pally, 1 Priest Holy
7 DPS: 2 Rogues, 2 DK, 1 Enh Shamy, 1 Mage, 1 Shadow Priest

By the time we did this we were about toc normal geared (was at the begining - first or 2nd week of full toc release) so we had a bit more advantage over ulduar gear.

All I can say is that I'm glad we managed to get it done even, but I'm a bit sad we didn't do it with ulduar gear before ToC, where you could actually take some credit for doing it.

Still a realy enjoyable fight.
Sathoris

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:06 am

fafhrd wrote:Raid gave me the tentacle, which I'm keeping snug, hydrated and happy ^_^

Oh my.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon