Remove Advertisements

[10] Alone In The Darkness

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Alone In The Darkness

Postby Corpsicle » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:16 am

*promise* I'd love to see the movie, mistakes and all.
Corpsicle

Postby Falibard » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:24 am

Joanadark wrote:Also i frapsed our repeat kill today, but it was such a sloppy kill I'm hesitant to make it into a movie.
I will if you guys promise not to pick apart all the mistakes we made. ^^

Is there hot tentacle on tentacle action?
Falibard

Postby Joanadark » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:00 pm

Falibard wrote:
Joanadark wrote:Also i frapsed our repeat kill today, but it was such a sloppy kill I'm hesitant to make it into a movie.
I will if you guys promise not to pick apart all the mistakes we made. ^^

Is there hot tentacle on tentacle action?

Unfortunately no. ^^

I'll work on throwing something together.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:52 am

I finished the video, and it's publishing to my computer in HD now. I'll have it uploaded to filefront and maybe even warcraftmovies by later this morning or lunch time at latest.
It actually turned out looking pretty good. Music I used was Requiem for a Dream and Alone in the Dark, both of which seemed appropriate in more ways than one. Vent conversation is also included.
I threw a neat little clip in at the end as a bonus of some pro cloud dodging for anybody to show to guildmates thet're frustrated with popping clouds. =P

Movies woo!

By the way, does anyone know how to fraps in such a way that it will record not just vent conversation that I hear, but also what I say? For some reason I can only ever get it to record either only my voice, or all the voices but mine, and it really bugs me to only have half the conversation in a video.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Treck » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:39 am

Joanadark wrote:By the way, does anyone know how to fraps in such a way that it will record not just vent conversation that I hear, but also what I say? For some reason I can only ever get it to record either only my voice, or all the voices but mine, and it really bugs me to only have half the conversation in a video.

I had the same problem, that is, when i was actually able to fraps without my comp dying.
You record sound from one device, eather your speakers (everything that you hear) or your mic. You even record the sound it makes when you press your vent button but nothing that your mic records. I wouldnt like hearing my constant buttonsmashing or breathing all the time tho.
A friend of mine worked around it by having a second computer on vent, recording everything that computer sent to its speakers.
There might be other recording programs that might be able to do this, but if you only want your mic recording when your speaking on vent, it will become a problem :S
Treck

Postby Belloc » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:18 am

I could've swore you could set vent to broadcast your own audio to yourself.

Though, good luck actually finishing your sentence with that going on. It's so ... annoying talking over yourself.
Belloc

Postby Auroris » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:21 am

Belloc wrote:I could've swore you could set vent to broadcast your own audio to yourself.

Though, good luck actually finishing your sentence with that going on. It's so ... annoying talking over yourself.

Set it to your mic - You can only hear yourself.

Set to above - Yeah, talking over yourself actually annoys the crap out of you. Also you are annoying others as well. There used to be a way, but I completely forgot how to do it. =(
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby kram » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:21 am

you could always right click>view>record/playback and record vent and sync up the sound file from vent and video from fraps later
kram

Postby Malthrax » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:51 pm

kram wrote:you could always right click>view>record/playback and record vent and sync up the sound file from vent and video from fraps later

or just record it sans annoying-vent-venting, lay down a low-volume low-irritant music track if you must, and then narrarate over the top.

I'd like to see the kill with an explanation of whats going on, rather than watch a music video with a bunch of people shouting.
Malthrax

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:24 pm

I keep getting upload errors at like 80-90% gaaaaa. Hopefully this current attempt will go through before I have to do our Sarth drake sale raid tonite.
Joanadark

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Joanadark

Postby Auroris » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:35 pm

-Begins analyzing.-
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Belloc » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:08 pm

Wow. That was inspiring. I've got a new goal for this week :)
Belloc

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:30 am

Ugh, 305k wipe because the warlock didn't CoE Yogg, and another later for some reason I can't remember. EDIT: Wait, I remember. A new one spawned in the middle of the pile and I mistargetted on taunt.

Using a slightly different strategy than what JD proposed, but it's fairly similar overall. Did you guys ever determine the cause of the one beacon vs two beacons situation? It seems that we get two every time, except possibly the first one where we may not have two legal targets (too much health remaining). I also get the feeling we may want more damage on the boss, since it's taking 5-6 beacons to work through p3.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:53 am

Thanks for the great vid, and grats on the kill :)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon