Yog, FL, and XT massive nerfs hotfixed in

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Yog, FL, and XT massive nerfs hotfixed in

Postby Keladin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:34 am

I didnt really see the changes to Yogg as justified, I felt the fight was well tuned. The mc's added a bit of flavor to the fight IMO, it just caused ppl to pay attention. I liked how smart the mc's were as well, for example as a ret paladin when mc'd I would always hoj a healer, prot paladins would always avengers shield a healer for the silence and HoP's on the adds were a neat trick.

The FL nerfs totally changed the fight on 10 man, for my guild atleast. Last week we wiped for 5 hours on this hard mode, getting to below 5% many times and just couldnt make it. We went back this weekend and 1 shot it with little difficulty.

Firefighter on the other hand is one that we probably wont get until its nerfed to hell, and I wont shed a tear when that happens :)

Keladin of <Warfare>
Frostwolf, Horde
Keladin

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:15 am

Regarding Siege tank interrupts, once we figured out how the targeting mechanic was working, I've personally never had an interrupt fail since.

I liked how smart the mc's were as well, for example as a ret paladin when mc'd I would always hoj a healer, prot paladins would always avengers shield a healer for the silence and HoP's on the adds were a neat trick.

One of our shadow priests would always get MC'd, and the AI would always instantly use his Human Racial Ability every single time. Instantly. The moment he got MC'd he'd pop right back out of it because the game decided to use his racial ability PVP trinket whenever it controlled him. We thought it was such hacks. This guy would be one of the people MC'd on like every single pull too, and every time it did exactly the same thing.
I spent a couple hours trying to replicate the effect on my own character, trying copying all his keybindings, placing human racial on every spot on all the baseline blizzard bars, loading all the same mods as him, but I couldnt for the life of me figure out what was causing it.

I had planned to experiment further with the guy, but now the removal of the MC's makes that a unnecessary goal.
I'm probably still gonna see if I can figure it out though, cause if we face another fight with Mind Control in a later instance, instantly popping out of it for every human would be pretty OP.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Threatco » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:31 pm

is this change live yet?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Passionario » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:32 pm

moduspwnens wrote:He means Mimiron.

Precisely.
Threatco wrote:is this change live yet?

Yes.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon