Remove Advertisements

[25] Iron Council - Steelbreaker Tanking

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Iron Council - Steelbreaker Tanking

Postby Ivliss » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Looking for some advice help tanking Steelbreaker on the iron council. In general everythgin seems to go fine up until the point I get a fuision punch on me and a rune shows up underneath Steelbreaker. Any suggestions for how to avoid instant death with this combo. Also looking for macro help to set up cleanse on myself and binding it to a key (having problems getting this to work). Thanks for any help.

Ninja edit of your subject title! --Guillex
Ivliss/ 70 Prot Pally/ Baelgun
Ivliss

Re: 25 Man Iron Council

Postby Jasari » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:11 am

/focus Runemaster and every time you see him start casting rune of power preemptively move Steelbreaker so that you'll never get unlucky with a Runed Falcon Punch.
Jasari

Re: [25] Iron Council - Steelbreaker Tanking

Postby Seloei » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:49 am

If you are too slow even when focusing on runemaster and he uses fusion punch while his in a rune, use your Divine Protection to survive and run out. Also be ready to cleanse it off ASAP
Seloei

Postby Monkey » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:02 am

Keybind cleanse to a handy key (F for example) for this specific fight and turn on Auto-Self Cast in the options?

Can move and clease at the same time then, pretty simples!
Monkey

Re: 25 Man Iron Council

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:15 am

Jasari wrote:/focus Runemaster and every time you see him start casting rune of power preemptively move Steelbreaker so that you'll never get unlucky with a Runed Falcon Punch.

This. Also, don't walk backwards. Do the sideways still-keeping-him-in-front-of-me full speed run away. Backing up leads to pain. If you still have trouble, just watch the cooldown of Rune of Power in DBM. He pretty reliably casts it within 5 seconds of it being up, so if Steelbreaker is already moving, it's not bad.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Rhazi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:11 am

Have your healer back off when you are moving him. We have a holy pally that's been sucker punched more than once because he was meleeing for mana return while Steelbreaker was being moved.
Rhazi

Postby Threatco » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:40 am

Semi off topic but relavent. I want to ask a UI question.

I would love to be able to focus runemaster so i can see his cast bar, but xperl does not let me.

Is there a way to make xperl do that in some way? If not what would be the best similar alternative.

On a side side note, I know someone who has grid who can set it so people +40 yard range from him are opaque. Can x-perl do this?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Corpsicle » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:43 am

I believe you go to the xperl config frame, then go to the focus tab. There is an option you can check called "Cast Bar." Click that, close out of the config frame and it should start showing casts made by your focus target. I also have mine show the cast bar on the name plate itself - that I believe you go to the player tab, then go down to the cast bar section and choose to have it show it and have it show it inside. Hope this helps.
Corpsicle

Postby Falibard » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Threatco wrote:Semi off topic but relavent. I want to ask a UI question.

I would love to be able to focus runemaster so i can see his cast bar, but xperl does not let me.

Is there a way to make xperl do that in some way? If not what would be the best similar alternative.

On a side side note, I know someone who has grid who can set it so people +40 yard range from him are opaque. Can x-perl do this?

I was having an issue with xperl where it wasn't letting me right-click/set focus (I'd get an error message) but I've had no issues when I target something and use the /focus command.
Falibard

Postby Dialos » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Hello everyone! My first post and might not be correct as it should. Since i was bothering very much to find information on the number of healers people bring on Assembly of Iron hard mode, i was wandering if you guys can share this with me. Would also like to know how much of every class and what specs are best for this, since we are stuggeling in phase 2 healing the raid from static disruptions :S.

Sorry to go offtopic on my very first post

Thanks in advance
Dialos of Skullcrusher-EU
Dialos

Postby Falibard » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:22 pm

Dialos wrote:Hello everyone! My first post and might not be correct as it should. Since i was bothering very much to find information on the number of healers people bring on Assembly of Iron hard mode, i was wandering if you guys can share this with me. Would also like to know how much of every class and what specs are best for this, since we are stuggeling in phase 2 healing the raid from static disruptions :S.

Sorry to go offtopic on my very first post

Thanks in advance
Dialos of Skullcrusher-EU

I believe my guild has been using 6-7 healers (6 if we had a tree druid or 2 in the raid). Basically we would have 2 full time tank healers and 5 group healers with them helping on the tank(s) when possible.
Falibard

Postby towelliee » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:27 pm

I just spam cleanse myself through decursive and I survive just fine.
towelliee

Postby Zoltar » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:41 pm

I am similar. I start spamming the cleanse key before the Fusion Punch cast bar gets to the end to cater for lag, ect. In regard to the rune I just watch Steelbreaker's feet for it to appear but am always ready to move him.
Zoltar

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:56 am

I stop 2 GCDs before the Fusion Punch finishes and spam cleanse until I see the debuff disappear on my screen.

For Static Disruption damage:

- Kill Runemaster first. If he's alive in P2 he causes far more problems than the little guy, mostly because the runes of death limit the space you can spread out.
- Keep the little guy interrupted, on every cast. Lightning whirls are the #1 killer for us, if you have interruption troubles try the mod Deadened modified to block Chain Lightning casts.
- Spread out. Noone should be within 10yd of each other except the melee. If the melee get 2 or more, they need to fan out. The only way that happens is if someone resists one, so don't cloak or intentionally avoid debuffs if you're next to someone -- the debuff will only target those without a stack but the splash will stack on those nearby.

- In P3, put everyone in melee range except a group of 5 to be spam healed (PoH glyph dedicated priest) + hunters with paladin beacons. They should all be spread out like in P2, but close enough for PoH.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Pelendralaar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:29 pm

We have a priest healing runemaster or stormcaller responsible for dispelling the falcon punch dot. Only because i'm not tanking on that fight if I am there. For P3 steelbreaker you need a lot of hit points and cooldowns if you are going to be back up to tank the with the 3rd meltdown ( 2 buffs on steelbreaker). Our guild has tried me as the tanking and it has been problematic for me to live with 2 or more meltdown buffs on him, maybe it's my healers. I'm sitting at 36k unbuffed for whatever that is worth. So we have a druid and a warrior tanking it. We would have him if people were not stupid about positioning.

There is one problem we are now encountering, and I think it is because we are taunting at the wrong times. But steelbreaker is moving on the tanks in p3, at the point where the tanks are switching and running out to blow up. It is causing static charges to hit other persons and wiping the raid.

I haven't seen it for myself but I am assuming that it there is a fusion punch taking place when they taunt and move and that might be causing it. Thoughts?
Last edited by Pelendralaar on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pelendralaar

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon