[10/25] Hardmode infos

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Hardmode infos

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:03 am

Yea, the question might be stupid but... say i want to find general informations about a non-specific hard mode, specifically the difference between normal and hard, for like, whole Ulduar. Is there any reference site i don't know of, or alternatively a kind soul which can sum up them for me? I'm a bit annoyed by having to search amongsts 500 posts to seek infos.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: [10/25] Hardmode infos

Postby Lore » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:12 am

It's not really a question with a general answer. Some of the hard modes are just as easy as some of the normal encounters (for example, Iron Council with Runemaster last is only a mild step up from Stormcaller last, and Flame Leviathan can be killed with one or two towers active pretty much immediately). Most of the 10man hard modes are significantly easier than their 25man counterparts, and in some cases the 10man hardmodes are even easier than the 25man encounters.

Generally speaking, once Yogg is dead reliably you can start working on the easier hard modes.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby amh » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:14 am

Wowhead generally has some info on each hard-mode. Thorim, for example:

In order to activate Thorim's hard mode, you will need to force him into the arena within 3 minutes or less from the end of the pre-Phase. If you manage to do so, Sif will aid Thorim with a few abilities of hers. Note that Touch of Dominion will not be active on hard mode, so Thorim will have more damage and health. Sif cannot be attacked and will have the following spells:

Frostbolt Volley - Inflicts 7,200 to 8,800 (Heroic: 11,250 to 13,750) Frost damage to all players and reduces their movement speed by 50% for 4 seconds.
Frost Nova - Inflicts 7,069 to 7,931 (Heroic: 14,138 to 15,862) Frost damage to nearby enemies, immobilizing them for up to 6 seconds. This spell has 2.5 seconds cast time.
Blizzard - A rain of ice moves around the room, dealing 2,188 to 2,812 (Heroic: 4,813 to 6,187) Frost damage every 1 second, for 10 seconds. Targets caught in the Blizzard have their movement speed reduced by 65%

For more specific stuff.. Well, this sub-forum does have a lot of info :)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:21 am

I have general random infos on every hard mode, but the guild i joined has already horde first on Yogg down for our server and works on hard modes, i want to be prepared and know possible tactix :)

I guess i'll keep searching ><
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:30 am

That'll probably be best. They did a fairly good job of making every encounter (and hard mode) unique. I like Ulduar.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby guillex » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:24 am

Hence why there are quite a few threads in here about hard modes ... I haven't come up with a way to consolidate all of the information, because every situation seems to be different, really.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Kishandra » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Flame Leviathan - to activate, leave towers up after talking to Lorekeeper of Norgannon. Each tower up increases FL's hp by 50% (additive.)
Tower of Frost- all vehicles slowed by 20%. 2 white beams will spawn, they will chase a random target. When they pass through any target, they stop for 5 seconds or so while an ice ball drops down from the top of the beam. When the ice ball hits the ground, any vehicle within 10 yards or so take large damage, and continuous damage over time until released from the ice prison (by cannons, flaming tar, pyrite). These beams never go away.
Tower of Life - fire damage taken by FL reduced by 10%. 4 green beams will spawn, and stay in position, one in each corner of the room. These green beams will periodically spawn waves of adds composed of one big plant and 4 or 5 small plants. The small plants die in 1, 2 hits with anything, the big plant takes a bit more pounding.
Tower of Fire - two red beams spawn and randomly move around following no target. About 5-10 seconds after the red beam passes over a point (the beams themself do no damage), the ground becomes molten, just like the scorch effect on ignis and creates an impassable wall of fire. I guess it's passable to gutsy seige engines.
Tower of Lightning - once, and only once during the fight, FL will call down ~25 white-blue beams. These sort of move in a wave from the right to the left side of the room. They stay in place, but there are a ton of them. They shoot down a mass of lightning that direct hits for like a half million damage and has a very large splash range.
Strategy to kill him is basically put seige tanks on lashers, demolishers on FL, load 2-3 extra on demolishers and run with 2-3 fewer bikes, and chain stun him as much as possible.

XT - to activate, kill the heart in the 30 seconds you get. XT then goes up to 36 million hp (from 22.5) and heals to full, his damage is increased by 15%, and he won't go into heart phases anymore. On the other hand, when players with gravity bomb blow up they create a long-lasting void zone, while players who get debuffed with light bomb spawn a life spark add. These adds have like 150k or so hp and applies a debuff to the raid (stacks) that ticks for large nature damage every few seconds. Strategy is to hero and burn the heart, then run away for gravity bombs and to the tank for light bombs. Ranged dps kill the light bombs, while everyone else finishes whittling down 36 mil hp before the 10min enrage.

Assembly of Iron - to activate, simply kill either the runemaster or steelbreaker last. Each boss killed heals the other(s) back to full health and gives them new abilities.
Steelbreaker gains a ranged targetted aoe once one of the bosses die. This is only applied to players at range, and debuffs those hit by it with a +75% nature damage taken debuff that lasts 12 seconds. When the second boss dies, he gains the ability to burning adrenaline the main tank. Furthermore, for every player or tank (for voidwalkers) that dies during this phase, he gets +25% more damage and heals for 20% of his max hp. The BA debuff lasts 30 seconds and he has 10mil hp (more when he heals) so expect him to gain some of those charges anyway.
Runemaster gains a ranged targetted huge void zone when one of the bosses die. If he's the last boss standing, he also gets a new ability that summons a purple rune that spawns 10 suicial elemental adds. These adds move QUICK and explode the entire raid for 10k+ if they manage to get in contact with a player.
Stormcaller - who cares? he's not hard mode.
Strategy for Runemaster last - steelbreaker > stormcaller > runemaster. Have a mage with imp blizzard (hopefully deep frost talented for a 70% snare) and other ranged aoe the summoning rune and it's cake.
Strategy for Steelbreaker last - I think the general consensus is runemaster > stormcaller > steelbreaker. Have all but 3 people move into melee range for steelbreaker, and those 3 will soak the ranged aoe at range. Have tanks taunt steelbreaker at about 5 sec left on the MT's BA ability, MT runs off to die, repeat until steelbreaker mows through your tanks or you kill him.

Hodir - kill him in 3 min. No activation. Easiest to explain and execute. Just play well and kill him fast.

Thorim - to activate, have the tunnel group engage Thorim within 3 minutes of the last mob in the initial trash pack dying. This increases Thorim's hp to about 21 mil instead of 12 mil, and inflates his damage by a lot. For comparison, a normal kill results in Thorim doing about 3k dps, while a hard mode kill has Thorim at around 15k dps + Sif's 5k dps or so. Sif also is around, and casts blizzard, frostbolt, frostbolt volley, and frost nova (each hitting for about 10-14k) and being a general nuisance since you can't target or tank her. The resulting fight is like normal mode except with a TON more damage flying around so you need to play well and not stand near too many other people or else Thorim's chain lightning will kill you. Also, ranged need to clump up in groups but stay pretty close to Thorim to avoid the blizzards. Lastly, everyone MUST move out of the way of lightning charges or it becomes instant kills after Thorim gains a few charges.

Freya - to activate, leave the ancients up. Each ancient grants Freya abilities and +30% hp to her and all her adds.
Elder Stonebark - Freya can cast ground tremor, hits for about 13k to the entire raid and counterspells anyone who is still casting when it finishes. Freya also does 50% more physical damage.
Elder Ironbranch - Freya can cast strengthened iron roots, which randomly roots 3 or so people in place. Until the roots (low, maybe 20k hp) are killed, those people cannot move and take 8k damage/3 sec. Freyas adds also do 50% more physical damage.
Elder Brightleaf - Freya can cast sunbeam now, which damages anyone who stays inside the beam and heals her or any of her plant adds. Freya and her adds do 50% more magical damage.
Strategy - just like normal, except play very well. Everything has almost double the hp and you still get one wave a minute.

Mimiron - to activate, hit the red button behind him. The hp and damage of all mobs during this fight is now increased by 30% each. There's also a 10 min hard enrage timer as well. Finally, every 30 seconds, fire will spawn underneath 3 random players. These fires never extinguish themselves and will slowly crawl to the nearest player. Each phase, Mimiron's vehicles gain new abilities to help put out the fires. P1 = frost bomb on the raid and puts out every fire every minute. P2 = he pulses a frost nova in the middle. P3 = extinguisher bots spawn that put out fires but have a silence aura. P4 = .. dunno.

Vezax - to activate, do not kill any saronite vapors. Only 8 spawn during the fight, and when all 8 do, a new mob appears. This saronite animus makes Vexaz immune to damage, and has a shadow buffet style stacking aoe that never goes away. So you need to kill Vezax (30 mil hp), the Animus (8 mil hp), without being able to regain mana the entire fight + heal through the extra aoe.

Yogg-Saron to activate, do not ask for the aid of keepers. Here are the boons that each keeper gives:
Freya - +10% damage, +20% more healing, creates sanity wells for players to refill their sanity.
Mimiron - +10% damage, +20% movement speed, casts a very strong curse of tongues on all the tentacles in phase 2.
Hodir - +10% damage, -20% damage taken, has an iceblock ability he can use every 30 seconds to absorb a death. It's like he guardian spirits the whole raid with a 30 sec cooldown.
Thorim - +10% damage, +20% hp, will kill immortal guardians at 1 hp.
Strat for no Freya - nothing special, just play well and you don't need to restore your sanity at all during the fight.
Strat for no Mimiron - your dps falls because it becomes silly to joust crusher tentacles with their 1.5 sec cast time on diminish power. People say they burn corrupter tentacles first while having a tank just taking the 0 stack hits, then burning the crushers during the brain stun.
Strat for no Hodir - nothing special, play well and don't let anyone die.
Strat for no Thorim - proceed as normal to phase 3, then have three tanks. 1 collector tank tanks every guardian at 1% hp (they hit like wusses then.) 1 tank to pick up all the immortal guardian spawns while dps take them to 1%. And finally a taunter tank. Yogg-saron does this thing called empowering shadows that lasts 10 seconds on a mob. When it expires, it puts up a huge aoe heal. Since you can't kill these guys now, you need to have your taunter tank pull the mob affected by empowered shadows to a separate position, wait for the heal to wear off, then bring it back into the kill zone to get its hp reduced back to 1 again.

I hope most of those are accurate, just listing from memory.

From experience and research, I guess you can rank these hard mode in order of difficulty 1 = easiest, 10 = hardest (my opinion):

1 tower FL = 0.5
2 tower FL = 1
3 tower FL = 2
4 tower FL = 4
XT = 6
Runemaster last = 1
Steelbreaker last = 4 or 5
Thorim = 4
Hodir = 3
Freya = 7
Mimiron = 9
Vezax = 6
3 lights in the darkness = 3
2 lights in the darkness = 5
1 light in the darkness = 8
Alone in the darkness = 10
Algalon = 6
Kishandra

Postby Belloc » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:51 pm

If the above list is for 10-man, then 4 tower FL is harder than... XT, Steelbreaker, Thorim, Freya, Hodir, and Vezax (at least). I have yet to do Mimiron or Yogg hard modes yet.

Worldie, the best resource for hard mode information will be Elitistjerks, as most of the hard modes are currently open for discussion. You'll have to do some in-depth reading, though.
Belloc

Postby Kishandra » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Nah, the difficulty list is for 25mans. 10man hard mode difficulty tops out around 6 at firefighter (with alone in the dark @ 8 or 9), and the rest at 4 or below so I don't really think they matter all that much. This is all my opinion of course.
Kishandra

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:44 pm

Guillex wrote:Hence why there are quite a few threads in here about hard modes ... I haven't come up with a way to consolidate all of the information, because every situation seems to be different, really.

Hmm... I considered doing such a summary, but I have exams. I'm happy to put notes into the sticky on Wednesday onwards (when I'm done with them), or write a separate thread, if that would help.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Dem » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:46 pm

10 man

XT - see other post. Gravity bombs left, light bombs right, OT pick sparks that spawn from light bombs and nuke. Enrage shouldn't be an issue.

Assembly, MT on Steel and Rune, kill Rune first to avoid death runes. OT on storm with a couple of interrupts. When storm is dead, tank Steel until a few seconds left for MT 1min exploding debuff then taunt with OT and finish him off. Pally tank can dispel himself on Steel.

Freya - iron roots are a key target. 1 tank for her, 1 for adds, ranged tank for Snap Lasher.

Hodir. Stacking debuff on him is the key (Singed?). Have ranged stand together to get the buff. Move Hodir to get melee in the haste beams. Kill adds. Time heroism for max effect.

Thorim - timer is no problem. Split group half and half arena and tunnel. Dispels on raid where possible in 2nd phase. Use healer CDs from about half his health and use all CDs just before Unbalancing Strike, not after it.

Mimiron - it's fun and completely nuts. P3 so far. Probably best to avoid killing the extinguisher bots in P3.
Dem

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:19 am

Done a bit of them... jeez Mimiron is silly, the first impression i had is "wtf how am i going to survive the third Plasma Blast?"

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:56 am

Are you having a second tank taunt the boss off you when you take it so that they tank the physical damage and you take the plasma blast?
Are they giving you an outside cooldown?

Both these things should be the case.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon