Remove Advertisements

[10] Hard modes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Hard modes

Postby Belarkan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:46 am

Hello,

We are thinking about testing hard modes for our ulduar 10 raids but I cant' find much informations about which are the easiest and which are the hardest, what about the key point of the fight (survival fight, dps race) ?
Belarkan

Re: [10] Hard modes

Postby Treck » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:11 am

Hard Modes 10man.
From easiest -> Hardest id say:

XT-Deconstructor ( Heartbreaker ) Dps race to kill the heart, not much of a race tho, pretty easy, and enrage is silly long now. A real tank or the tank tanking Deconstructor can taunt and tank the sparks

Hodir ( I Could Say That This Cache Was Rare ) 1tank+2healers+7dpsers, and your dps should keep +6.4k personal dps to kill this, pretty damn easy to keep in that fight (stack mages if your having trouble xD)

Auriaya ( Crazy cat lady ) We use 3 tanks so one for each cat, Feral defender can be nasty stuns but managable. (we killed it once before she died)

All of those 3 are pretty easy and easy to start out with, if you can do these you can for sure go on with the "harder" achievements.

The Iron Council ( I Choose You, Steelbreaker ) Stormcaller -> Runemaster -> Steelbreaker, High dps is always nice for the healers, But killing steelbreaker before he kills the second time means your dps is way to low, we killed it before first tank died last week.

Thorim ( Lose Your Illusion ) Adds in arena should die in seconds :P, and we use 2 ranged+1tank+1healer in guantlet, and they kill the mobs in second aswell, pretty much just rushing through it, P2 is a dpsrace but a very light one, as long as ppl stay alive it shouldnt be a problem, watch out for lighting and its sorted.

Second tier of hardmodes would imo be these two, Council is pretty easy with steelbreaker last tho, id say runemaster is actually harder in 10man, Thorim shouldt cause to much trouble.

Freya ( Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood ) Focused DPS is imo the key, much raidhealing going on aswell, Can you take the first 3 waves without casualties, you got the fight pretty much.

General Vezax ( I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning ) 3Healers 2 tanks is what we used, one tank would be doable i guess, Shadowcrashes are what we kept on wiping from every try we got to P3. Higher DPS always reduce the time ppl have to make mistakes on :P

Flame Leviathan ( Orbit-uary ) 2Demolishers doing their job with the stacking pyrite should be all dps you need, sieges taking flowers and shooting down pyrite, and ofc shutdown as ofthen as possible.

Yogg-saron ( One Light in the Darkness ) Keeping thorim will keep the fight pretty much the same as with all keepers, Avoid looking at the skulls in the brainroom, and keep together up at Sara, but avoid the feared person to not loose sanity, what mimiron brings is pretty neglectable. Higher dps required than with keepers, but not to hard if ppl dont fail (clouds lol)

3rd Tier and now the hardmodes starts getting challenging. Freya have seemed for us impossible with some healercomposition, but so damn easy with some, but with the right healers and focused dps its pretty easy.
Flame is a bit different since your not using your character much so it takes learning to do.
Even tho "One Light in the Darkness" Isnt the hardest mode, it is what is required for the mount meta, i have no idea how hard P3 might get with 0keepers but i doubt that impossible change (since we leave thorim up), time will tell. Im not even sure if thers any more loot from alone in the darkness, my guess is that its actually just an achievement with no real benefit but the points, there might be another badge and maybe a runed orb, but i doubt any more epics.

Hardest tier, well theres only really one left and thats:
Mimiron ( Firefighter ) More dmg, more health, and fires everywhere xD Will take a lot of wiping to get it done, it should be a dps race since the enrage timer, but dunno how hard that is to beat.

Hard is hard, its the last one keeping us from Algalon, and i bet its the same for a lot others out there ^^
Love the fight, but raiding 25mans to much to see more of it :S
Treck

Postby Belarkan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:39 am

Thanks for the feedback.
Belarkan

Postby Belloc » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:56 pm

Alone in the Darkness, btw, is thought to award special loot. Tentacle trinket on normal mode, Mimiron mount on heroic.
Belloc

Postby Adelae » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Algalon isn't really hard in 10-men. Mimiron is very harder.

The only difficulty at the algalon's encounter is the 1-hour weekly timer. You needs only to have no errors during the encounter.

In 25-men ... you will need a really big rdps & rhps.
Adelae.
<Wraith> @ Ysondre-EU
http://www.wraith-guild.net/
Adelae

Postby amh » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:52 pm

We had more problems with Thorim than Freya, but I guess it's got a lot to do with group composition.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:51 am

There is a discussion about this, found here:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=23336

It may give you some further information.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:02 am

I can tell you the ones I've done so far aren't that bad.

FL+2T
Ignis in 4 min (toward meta, not really hard mode)
Heartbreaker
Steelbreaker Last
Disarmed (toward meta, not really hard mode)
Crazy Cat Lady (toward meta, not really hard mode)

One thing that can help for Steelbreaker Last is to do Brunndir -> Molgheim -> Steelbreaker. This lets you wait for Molgheim to drop a rune just before you start the DPS race.

For Heartbreaker, I tanked the sparks along with the boss. Just made a simple macro for that, it wasn't bad. Flame Leviathan (+4T) doesn't look like it'll be too tough... I think it'll just take a good group. I haven't got that one yet, though.

I've joined a new guild, though (as my old one just collapsed), and it's a step up, so I should be able to offer more insight tomorrow.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:28 am

Heh, Orbit-uary is harder than any other hard mode I've accomplished (XT, Hodir, Thorim, Freya, Council).

Going to get it tonight, though!
Belloc

Postby Faro » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:01 pm

moduspwnens wrote:One thing that can help for Steelbreaker Last is to do Brunndir -> Molgheim -> Steelbreaker. This lets you wait for Molgheim to drop a rune just before you start the DPS race.

I actually didn't find this necessary in 10m. We always did Molgheim first, and the first week we killed Steelbreaker before our second tank rolled over. This last week we ran with 2 healers/2 tanks and Steelbreaker was dead before the first meltdown.

As for FL+4T, it's pretty tough. I swore to never do Freya+Hodir towers ever again until 4T was the very last thing we needed for our rusted drakes. I think there's a large discussion about 10m hard modes in another thread though.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Faro wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:One thing that can help for Steelbreaker Last is to do Brunndir -> Molgheim -> Steelbreaker. This lets you wait for Molgheim to drop a rune just before you start the DPS race.

I actually didn't find this necessary in 10m. We always did Molgheim first, and the first week we killed Steelbreaker before our second tank rolled over. This last week we ran with 2 healers/2 tanks and Steelbreaker was dead before the first meltdown.

As for FL+4T, it's pretty tough. I swore to never do Freya+Hodir towers ever again until 4T was the very last thing we needed for our rusted drakes. I think there's a large discussion about 10m hard modes in another thread though.

As far as Steelbreaker goes, it depends on what kind of raids you primarily run. If you're a 10-man guild, you'd probably need the DPS gain from the circle of power. 25-man Ulduar guilds, however, will not need it.

Same with heroism, I think. We've been doing XT, Steelbreaker, Hodir, Thorim, and Freya without heroism. I doubt we could manage that if we were wearing 10-man gear.

And... Flame Leviathan hard mode can go right to hell. I do not want to ever do that again.
Belloc

Postby Faro » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:29 pm

Belloc wrote:
As far as Steelbreaker goes, it depends on what kind of raids you primarily run. If you're a 10-man guild, you'd probably need the DPS gain from the circle of power. 25-man Ulduar guilds, however, will not need it.

Same with heroism, I think. We've been doing XT, Steelbreaker, Hodir, Thorim, and Freya without heroism. I doubt we could manage that if we were wearing 10-man gear.

And... Flame Leviathan hard mode can go right to hell. I do not want to ever do that again.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with everything in this post.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon