[10] Firefighter

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Firefighter

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Seloei wrote:Quite sure every ranged class has an agro dropper.
Shatter, Fade, Feign Death, Invisibility, Shadowmeld

Only ones i can think of are tauren boomkins, but after taunting the head you can use Salvation on him during the phase transition. That is quite a big chunk of threat to regain AND go past the 130% rule. More than his total health is in p3. Nelfs can shadowmeld.

Shadowmeld does not wipe any threat.

It drops aggro (temporarily), but that doesn't leave your nelf oomkin any better off than his tauren brethren.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby amh » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:26 am

Same with Fade.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Falibard » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:37 am

Kitty -> Cower
Falibard

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:09 am

Falibard wrote:Kitty -> Cower

That's about 3500 threat. I don't think it's practical.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Falibard » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:50 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Falibard wrote:Kitty -> Cower

That's about 3500 threat. I don't think it's practical.

Oh I know, but it's still fun to say to a boomkin.
Falibard

Postby Mysticknight » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 pm

My group has been working on this for the past 2 weeks now and our best shot was phase 4 head mid and bottom to 5% b4 we had a lame water bomb knock us back while Laser Barrage started and just wrecked 3 of the dps for a wipe. We will be at it again this week and should get it down.

Group Comp:
1 Tank (me)
2 healers(Holy Priest, Holy Pally)
7 DPS- Blood DK, Fury Warrior, Ret Pally, Ele Sham, Boomkin, Rouge, Warlock.

Phase One
We Start all stacked on the red button, this way the fire all starts there and not spread out.
Range then move to the mid of the room staying out of fire, i tank him to the right of the red button and kite as fire grows on to melee. on the first Plasma Blast i have the holy pally use his Soak (Divine Sacrifice + Divine Sheild) after each plasma blast u then move away for a Shock Blast. on the next Plasma Blast I Divine Protection. then u get a water bomb to put out all melee fire and then into a Shock Blast burn and the phase is over.

Phase Two
U stay near the back closest to the fires and just move as the back side of the other room is lite up with fire he will thow 2 bombs on your group where more fire grow on the 2nd one everyone heads in and burns him with blood lust. after lust is down and after the Laser Barrage I pop my Soak. we burn the phase is over.

Phase Three
we move to the back once again keep fire all together as we can we then pull Aerial Command Unit out of the direct mid of the room to the other edge i tank the Assault Bots and we burn him down, once we have magnet i taunt and pull aerial unit into a area with no fire we bring it down and dps, we have the holy pally beacon me and just spam heal the warlock.(Dont have to be a warlock could be any range dps) after 2 or 3 ground phase he should start to head into phase 4, we take this time to kill all adds Emergency Fire Bot must all die.

Phase Four
at this point all the Fire Bots are dead and u have about 10 to 20 sec where u can move Mimiron to the side of the room if done right you should have capped 50 fires in the other 2 section of the room and have a few fire bombs on the raid that wont start fires since the other 2 section of the room has been capped at 50 fires, we have the pally soak at this time so we are able to get into the right spots and the head tank has agrro and burn we start kiting as the water bombs put out fires. as i said we had some bad luck where water bombs hit some of the raid knocking back as a Laser Barrage killed them.

I have this all fraps too but ill post the kill one this week.
Mysticknight

Postby Jedah » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Mysticknight wrote:Phase Four
at this point all the Fire Bots are dead

We leave 2-3 extinguisher bots up in P4 to give us somewhere to move when things get hairy.
Jedah

Postby Mysticknight » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:05 pm

you shouldn't need to since once flames are capped at 50, if done right 2/3 of the room is on fire and the one section you are in has not fire for a good time till he has his water bombs active we fine that he will put out 1/3 of the room that is on fire and then set the spot where we were with fire we then just move to where the water bomb just hit and the other 2 section are now capped or starting to fill the clear zone with small fire till the next water bomb hits so idealy u will have 2/3 of the room on fire and the spot where no fire is will start to burn but then u just move to where the water bomb just hits. also u dont want one of the fire bot hitting someone for 20k with us 2 healing that isn't good since that one heal to top that person off could have been life or death for your head tank
Mysticknight

Postby Dakiros » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 am

Mysticknight wrote:I have this all fraps too but ill post the kill one this week.

Would love to see this Mystic, we haven't really put much effort into this hard mode since the last few weeks of raiding have been terrible for us. We're gonna be starting with Mimsy on Friday and are going to be working on Firefighter.
Dakiros

Postby Mysticknight » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:24 am

We got him last night :) we will be working on Algalon this weekend and one light for our rusted drakes.
Mysticknight

Postby Threatco » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:03 am

Got to phase 3 on our first set of tries (about 2 hours) last night after 1 shotting all hardmodes up to him (farm status).

I hope we can get him tonight so we can also be on algy and 1 light. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Euphoria » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:31 pm

How practical is Mimiron hard to two heal? We've got a very well geared holy/disc (dual spec)priest and a holy paladin as our "normal" 10 man healers.

Group comp:

Me - I r tankz
Feral - offtank
Blood DK - deeps
mutilate rogue - deeps
Affliction/destro lock - deeps (head tank in p3)
FFB mage - deeps
enhancement shaman - deeps
Shadow priest - deeps
Priest - healz
pally - healz
Euphoria

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:39 pm

If you have JoL and an AoE healer (holy priest / resto druid), you can two-heal it. If you don't have both, I wouldn't try it. One holy paladin is probably not a powerful enough JoL, but if you want to do it make sure he's keeping full judgement uptime in P2.

There's no offtank, by the way. That feral would be pure DPS and the DK is better suited to eat bombs since he can Death Grip them if they run into the raid.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Euphoria » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:49 pm

We don't use an offtank for Mim...The feral DPS's for every fight that doesn't require two tanks...and most of the trash.

Just listed him as an offtank to show his normal role within the group.

I think JoL+VT might be enough, I hope. Either way we'll find out on Sunday.
Euphoria

Postby Avengeance » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:37 am

2 heal is very doable - i do it every week with Holy pala and holy priest. Hardest healing is phase 2, so I recommend a bloodlust there to pass it asap if you are running 2 healers, and divine guardian helps (from your ret or prot or whatever you have access to)
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon