[10] Firefighter

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Firefighter

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Joanadark wrote:
Anorian wrote:
Joanadark wrote:
This is your DPS problem, right here. You lost a full third of your DPS to something that should require almost none of it.

Your DK should simply have the head focus'd and death grip the bomb bots a little ways away from everyone and letting them explode on him, and then going back to DPSing. He can shell the explosion if he's ever not topped off. Just have healers aware hes going to take a spike on a regular frequency.

Hmm thats a pretty good idea, was still in the mindset of killing the adds. Will try it as soon as we get there again.

You killed them normally? I guess that just seems weird to me, since I never was with a group that did that, even for normal mode progression. We always simply had someone with a taunt and high hp pull them out and eat the explosion. Often me. ><
Its a pretty easy job.

I haven't tried it personally, but our DK has been complaining that taunts aren't working properly and the bomb bots won't blow up on him. I guess it wasn't an issue until we started trying hard mode, but they're really raping us on Firefighter25. Is there anything special you have to do?
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:39 pm

I haven't tried it personally, but our DK has been complaining that taunts aren't working properly and the bomb bots won't blow up on him. I guess it wasn't an issue until we started trying hard mode, but they're really raping us on Firefighter25. Is there anything special you have to do?

I've heard that sometimes taunts bug out if you try and taunt them when they are still in the air being dropped from the Aerial Command Unit.
Personally I've never had a problem. Their mechanic is they start out with a high amount of threat on a random person, and will move towards that person due to aggro, but they will explode upon reaching melee range with anyone, regardless of their target. They have a normal aggro table.

When I've done the job myself, I've always simply Taunted them with Hand of Reckoning as soon as they reach the ground, and then following up with an exorcism to solidify threat lead as soon as the taunt went off successfully.
I've never had a problem.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Treck » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:43 pm

If you taunt them when they are beeing dropped, or the first sec or two, its not activated yet. thus doesnt have an aggro table.
As soon as it targets someone, then you know its perfectly fine to taunt it.
Righteous Defence works wonders here, just target the add from the very first moment, and spamm RD, when he picks a target, youll be taunting it off the very first sec. On rare cases the bomb bots have been going for the other tank, but as long as he didnt go afk midfight he should notice his mobs changes tanks ^^
Its the same mechanics like on ignis Constructs, Right after they are heated up, they stand around there, doing nothing for a few sec, then suddenly goes for a healer, even if you taunted when it became molten, you have to taunt of build threat on it after its "activated"
Treck

Postby Falibard » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:48 am

Joanadark wrote:

I've heard that sometimes taunts bug out if you try and taunt them when they are still in the air being dropped from the Aerial Command Unit.
Personally I've never had a problem. Their mechanic is they start out with a high amount of threat on a random person, and will move towards that person due to aggro, but they will explode upon reaching melee range with anyone, regardless of their target. They have a normal aggro table.

When I've done the job myself, I've always simply Taunted them with Hand of Reckoning as soon as they reach the ground, and then following up with an exorcism to solidify threat lead as soon as the taunt went off successfully.
I've never had a problem.

I do a taunt+death coil combo and it usually works. Sometimes a healer (see druid) who's doing crazy HPS will rip it off me but I use death grip as a backup. Go into Frost Presence for this phase for better aggro and less bomb damage, but make sure you remember to go back for phase 4 =3.

Also, the unintended benefit of that is if you're in FP when the head is down you're jump on the head's aggro table, so if the person tanking it goes down for some reason you can pick it up tank it for a bit with AMS -> IBF with little or no issues.
Falibard

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:41 pm

Also, the unintended benefit of that is if you're in FP when the head is down you're jump on the head's aggro table, so if the person tanking it goes down for some reason you can pick it up tank it for a bit with AMS -> IBF with little or no issues.

We always simply have the tank taunt the head off the warlock who tanked it in p3, and then have the warlock shatter. That generally leaves the tank with such a huge lead that no one is going to pull off them. Particularly using a warrior tank who can just spam Spell Reflect.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:44 am

Joanadark wrote:have the tank taunt the head off the <class> who tanked it in p3

always the best way to do p4
baleogthefierce

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 am

baleogthefierce wrote:
Joanadark wrote:have the tank taunt the head off the <class> who tanked it in p3

always the best way to do p4

If you don't have someone who can Shatter or FD, what we do in 25 man is have the guy that tanked the head simply switch to the middle for Phase 4. That way he's not constantly over-aggroing the taunting tank.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Seloei » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:04 pm

Quite sure every ranged class has an agro dropper.
Shatter, Fade, Feign Death, Invisibility, Shadowmeld

Only ones i can think of are tauren boomkins, but after taunting the head you can use Salvation on him during the phase transition. That is quite a big chunk of threat to regain AND go past the 130% rule. More than his total health is in p3. Nelfs can shadowmeld.
Seloei

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Seloei wrote:Quite sure every ranged class has an agro dropper.
Shatter, Fade, Feign Death, Invisibility, Shadowmeld

Only ones i can think of are tauren boomkins, but after taunting the head you can use Salvation on him during the phase transition. That is quite a big chunk of threat to regain AND go past the 130% rule. More than his total health is in p3. Nelfs can shadowmeld.

Yeah, we were using a Tauren Boomkin.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks for the tip, I guess he already figured out the problem though as Bomb Bots were handled beautifully this time around. Now if we can just convince everyone to log on at once maybe we'll kill a new boss ;)
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Epimer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:55 am

Ele shaman. No, Reincarnation doesn't count :)
Epimer

Postby Falibard » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:03 am

Epimer wrote:

Ele shaman. No, Reincarnation doesn't count :)

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=57994

Not exactly a dump... but I think I still get a point.=P
Falibard

Postby Epimer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:25 am

Worst threat reduction spell ever :) It's worse than the old Feint before it reduced AoE damage. Nice for interrupting, completely lacking for threat reduction.

But ok, point on a technicality :D
Epimer

Postby Falibard » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:26 am

Epimer wrote:Worst threat reduction spell ever :) It's worse than the old Feint before it reduced AoE damage. Nice for interrupting, completely lacking for threat reduction.

But ok, point on a technicality :D

/win
Falibard

Postby Java » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:04 am

My guild has finally done it.

We have done with the following setup:

1-. Tankadin (me)
2-. Feral Druid (dps spec & gear, taunting bombs in p3 in bear form, dps the rest of the time)
3-. Holy Paladin (healer)
4-. Holy Priest (healer, holy spec since Disc was good for p1, but not so good for p2)
5-. Resto Druid (healer, probably the healer who marked the difference)
6-. Elemental Shaman
7-. Warlock.
8-. Mage.
9-. Shadow Priest.
10-. Hunter.

We had several problems in p2 in the 2 days of tries we have been doing it and with stacking the fires when they extinguised, and since all the raid were ranged DpS except the feral, we had lot of problems with positioning (some DpS were a bit away from the rest of the raid in p3 and we were loosing one or two of them which messed the tries).

Finally, after putting a mark over the healers and ordering the DpS to follow them no matter what, we did it.

In p1, I used Divine Protection in the first Plasma, I asked for the priest cd for the second one, and in some tries we did not need a third one, but if needed, I used Hand of Salvation plus Lay on Hands. I didn't want to ask the paladin for Hand of Sacrifice combo as it requires too many seconds in global cooldowns for him and he was supporting the healing of Napalms.

In p2, I used the Sacrifice + Bubble to reduce the raid damage when the bot shooted the raid 3 times in a row at the same place.

When all the raid members were alive at the beginning of p3 and we had a sector free of fires, we were confident that it was going to be a good try. After recalling the people to avoid fires in p3, calm down (important point), be away from the aerial unit and remember to follow their assigned healer, we went into p4 without any problem (had to use Divine Protection when 2 bots stacked at the same time). By the way, we didnt loot 2 of the magnetic devices (what an error).

In p4 we were lucky with fire positioning, and we always had a free spot to move the boss. Barrages were always against the walls (never against the center of the room) so again Lady Luck was with us. The only thing that messed a bit was a bomb just beside the boss.

Anecdotic thing is that I died 2 seconds before the kill.

Really an interesting and funny hard mode. It took us 2 days of tries before we managed to do it.

PS: My apologies if I have made a mistake with english (not my mother language) (let me know if there's a mistake so I can learn from it)
Java

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon