Remove Advertisements

[10] Firefighter

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Firefighter

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:00 am

Avengeance wrote:Actually, i prefer to use Shieldwall on first - so you can use Divine Guardian by early P2. Salv on 3rd is better, because hes nearly dead, and you can always taunt if you someone do pull aggro, besides usually my threat lead is big enough by the 3rd blast that it is far safer to use at that moment in time than on the first blast.

To each his own, then. I like to get the hard part out of the way first while healers still have their mana and aren't dealing with as many fires. Also, I prefer to DS+DivSac just after the laser barrage in P2, because in my raid, that tends to be the most likely time to die.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Ubick » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:06 am

After wiping like idiots in P1 due to me dying to plasma blasts (holy pally holy priest resto shaman healers) we discovered the secret to it all. Replaced the resto shaman with a resto druid and I never died again in P1. Resto druids are gamebreaking for this fight :) Don't even need to use cds on P1, just bubble wall on 3rd plasma blast and its gg (I got 45600 HP raid buffes so i can survive 2 seconds of plasma blast and 1 melee without cds).

Our best try was a 10% enrage wipe in P4. We will definetly get him tomorrow :)
Ubick

Postby Faro » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm still waiting on the click from my group :(. Phase 1 goes perfectly, 3 plasma blasts, perfectly controlled fires and no random deaths. We only got two or three tries in p2, saw it to 50% and we lost two people at the start. Any suggestions on healing for this? We ran disc/resto shaman/resto druid, had the shaman on the melee and the druid/disc on the raid.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby Avengeance » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:41 pm

P2 you have 2 approach. All spread around away from each other approach or ranged groups approach. Either way works depends what your people are good at. If you want stacked group approach, mark 2 healers and make even number of ranges follow 1 each, and move together, make sure the 2 groups are wide enough apart to not all get gunned down by same direction. This method although requires more healing, but its way more organised (considering there are fires like everywhere), besides, most AoE heal spells will hit close range aoe anyway, so spreading is kinda counter productive.

We do stacked method, and we use melee to try to attract boss fire away from the ranged, i.e. melees will always stand the opposite direction of where the ranged are, so when boss shoots at melee, it wont hit any ranged - mainly because melees have more hp and it includes a tank - far easier to heal than ranged.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Threatco » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:45 pm

preface: I havent done hard mode.

But on normal mode 10 man, I find spreading around in a tight circle around the boss in P2 made healing a lot easier. Rocket strike zones are easier to see. And laser barrage is still super easy to avoid.

We used to do 2 ranged stack points. Big difference.

But I assume hardmode fire + other stuff would change priorities a bit.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Belloc » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:04 pm

Yeah... hard mode changes everything about the fight. It's basically a completely different fight from an execution point of view.
Belloc

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:20 am

In this case, the ranged need to be as far as possible from the melee to avoid fire chaining on them. The boss will usually clean up fire that touches him, but he doesn't always do it right away, and doesn't do it at all during a Laser Barrage. So it's easy to screw the melee if you get fire close to them.

We find that for 10-man, it's sufficient to have the ranged staying semi-spread in one sector while the melee constantly get behind him so that he doesn't often target the same place twice.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Janduin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Faligard, I didn't know you hung out on this site. Death Knight interloper! :D
Janduin

Postby Joanadark » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:29 pm

Fight massively nerfed.
The whole 25% damage increase to everything....the thing that makes it hard mode, is gone.
Fires, heat wave, mines, plasma blast, everything hits for significantly less.

Not only that, there was a 3.33% hp nerf to everything in the fight, which adds up.

Also, reportedly in 10-man the emergency fire bots no longer silence.

Firefighter went from the most difficult hard mode, to the easiest hard mode.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Corpsicle » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:22 am

I rather expected this - at least for 10 man. The fires in 10 man mimiron hard mode hit for as much as the original Razorscale ground fires and they nerfed that fight pretty fast once people got to it. I figured that as soon as enough folks got to mimiron hard mode they would nerf mimiron too. Seems they may have nerfed the fight rather more than I expected though.
Corpsicle

Postby itankforcash » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:40 am

Joanadark wrote:Fight massively nerfed.
The whole 25% damage increase to everything....the thing that makes it hard mode, is gone.
Fires, heat wave, mines, plasma blast, everything hits for significantly less.

Not only that, there was a 3.33% hp nerf to everything in the fight, which adds up.

Also, reportedly in 10-man the emergency fire bots no longer silence.

Firefighter went from the most difficult hard mode, to the easiest hard mode.

More info on this?

HUGE sigh if this is true... but I guess it is to be expected.
itankforcash

Postby Seloei » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:20 am

It's kinda late for aprils fools jokes...

Or seriously, it did get a ninja-stealth-nerf which hasn't even been announced?
Seloei

Postby Joanadark » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:49 am

Confirming the emergency bots dont seem to silence any more in 10-man.

with the damage increase effect gone, pretty much the only thing to distinguish the fact that you're doing hard-mode at all is the 30% hp increase and the fact that you get pretty fire graphics in the room which can be largely ignored now.

...lol?
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Sitar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:44 am

I tried firefighter yesterday but did not notice damage reduction at all. Are you sure it has been removed in 10 man too ?

I'm pretty sure we got silenced in phase 3.
Sitar

Postby Treck » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:13 am

If your on EU servers, it might be a day or 2 behind with the nerfs and hotfixes.
Havent tried myself if its nerfed or not yet.
Treck

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon