Remove Advertisements

General Vezax Hard Mode

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: General Vezax Hard Mode

Postby Dalithe » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:57 am

My flash of lights in 25 man heal for 350. Even if it's criting that's not much. HOWEVER...at that point everything counts. Gratz on the kill.
Dalithe

Postby amh » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:23 am

Threatco wrote:It took a while for dps to learn how to NOT get hit by shadowcrashes in phase 2 when dbm messes up. Eventually we got assist, dbm announce and focus on so it stopped being an issue.

I don't trust DBM on this anyway. Boring as it is, I spend the entire fight (as ranged dps obviously) staring at the roof.

:|
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:36 am

dbm works fine on this fight as long as someone with it and has announce crashes active in his dbm setting. The problem comes when noone is targeting the boss. Focus doesn't work

Also, forcing the ret to heal the tank is a waste because it is a LOT better for him to do 4k dps instead of 400hps. The enh. shaman/shadowpriest however
Seloei

Postby Belloc » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Seloei wrote:dbm works fine on this fight as long as someone with it and has announce crashes active in his dbm setting. The problem comes when noone is targeting the boss. Focus doesn't work

Also, forcing the ret to heal the tank is a waste because it is a LOT better for him to do 4k dps instead of 400hps. The enh. shaman/shadowpriest however

There have been times where I, as ret, have had full strength flashes of light during the Vezax encounter. I'm not sure why this was, but the healing reduction could simply be a timed effect attached to judging. I'll test it out this week if I remember to.
Belloc

Postby Avengeance » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Why would you as a ret do reduced healing unless you are standing in a shadow crash? (which is highly unlikely unless your raid is full melee).
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Avengeance wrote:Why would you as a ret do reduced healing unless you are standing in a shadow crash? (which is highly unlikely unless your raid is full melee).

It puts an extra debuff on you as a Ret Paladin.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64646
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Threatco » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:27 am

When I say the ret and the ele healed at the end, I mean like the last 10 seconds.

The ret mostly just a well timed lay on hands lay on hands and 2-3 holy lights at the end. May or may not have made the difference, may have been lucky avoidance string, but me and the other healers were oom for last 10 seconds.

The whole fight the ret was using his instant FoL procs + Sacred shield on the tank though. Every little bit helps.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Sober » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:59 pm

I've been trying to solo-tank this in my 10mans but a string of messups from mostly everyone mean we've only seen the animus a handful of times (only once did we get into a burn phase where we were at 10%).

The group I run with has no cooldowns to rotate, so I was wondering, specifically: Vezax casts surge just as the Animus spawns, but I never noticed if he actually gets it along with his bubble, DP or Wings (for threat) at this part of the fight? If the Animus lives for longer than a minute, Vezax will cast surge, so should I just save my DP for this part?
Sober

Postby amh » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Does he cast Searing Flames in the Animus-phase?
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:37 pm

amh wrote:Does he cast Searing Flames in the Animus-phase?

In 25 man yes. In 10-man no.
Its kind of stupid in my opinion. They just kind of assume that 10-man players are bad and don't know how to focus-kick, but that 25-man players can. The fight already requires you to have an interruptor.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby fafhrd » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Seloei wrote:Altho, i was wondering, have you ever had a mage jump from 122% threat to 180% of your threat in one go? It wasn't in the start, it was around 40% left on vezax once and 60% on animus. He jumped from 60% behind to almost 200k ahead (nearly double what i had) in one second.

He claimed it was invisibility not going off fully but...

Was he using mirror image before he spiked? The images still generate threat, but it's split between all the images - when the effect ends I hear it all comes back to the mage himself, giving him 5 times his own threat for a period of time he probably had cooldowns up.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby gomashon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:28 am

Seloei wrote:Altho, i was wondering, have you ever had a mage jump from 122% threat to 180% of your threat in one go? It wasn't in the start, it was around 40% left on vezax once and 60% on animus. He jumped from 60% behind to almost 200k ahead (nearly double what i had) in one second.

He claimed it was invisibility not going off fully but...

It could be mirror images active, which grant the mage -2 milion threat for a short time (going below 0 threat) , when the spell ends he gains back the 2 milion threat. Threat he generated before and during the mirror image is uneffected (not gone anywhere) so its possible to be far ahead of the tank when the spell ends.

However since you say you could see his threat, at 60% before the overaggo what sometimes happends to mages (fire or frostfire) is ignite stacking up. Let me explain. Whenever the fire mage crits, it creates an ignite debuff, lasting 4 seconds on the mob, dealing damage every 2 seconds. If ignite is already up by that mage, the duration is reset and the new crit damage is added to whatever leftover ignite damage should be dealt. Due to shadow crash and various haste cooldowns (such as icy viens) the mage can be chain casting those FB / FFB at 1 second cast time. Assuming they all crit, ignite will never manage to deal its damage, since after each crit it takes 2 seconds for the ignite to deal damage, but if a new crit arrives before that (after only 1 second) then the ignite duration is again reset to 4 seconds and must wait 2 seconds to deal its damage. Notice the mage does not lose damage from this, since the ignite debuff accumulates how much total ignite damage should be dealt from all crits.
It is very common to have A "lucky" FFB mage poping all CDs building up an ignite that once he finish casting / critting will tick twice, each for over 40k+ dmg.
The mage could see he is say at 120% tank's threat and stop casting, only to then have the ignite damage kick in and push him over the edge.

Invisibility fails if the mage gains / lose debuffs, takes damage or performs an action. Entering / leaving shadow crash, gaining mark of the faceless, taking damage from mark or the add's aura or casting any spell - all will cause invisibility to fail.
Group Therapy (Ravencrest-EU), 2 raid days per week, 8/8 25-Heroic, always recruiting.
gomashon

Postby Avengeance » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:49 am

Omen will show mirror image's combined threat on the mage as a grey bar - so if that grey bar pushes over the tank threat, you know when MI is finished he will pull aggro. This also applies to things like fade (temporary aggro dump).
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Mysticknight » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:34 pm

I Tanked this last night since our DK Tank wasn't here, It was easier as a pally tank.

The Group was
1 Tank (me)
2 Healers (Holly Pally, Disc Priest)
7 DPS (Blood DK, Ret Pally, 2xRounge, Ele Shammy, Boomkin, Warlock) would have love to have a mage there but none were on)

Disc Priest pretty much solo healed me, holy pally was on raid with beacon on me

tank it as normal with full dodge set sitting about 31 to 32% dodge.

on the 1st Surge of Darkness i would pop my divine protection,
on the 2nd Surge of Darkness the disc priest pop pain and surpression
on the 3rd Surge of Darkness i pop my divine protection again.

then the Animus spawned, we got General Vezax down to about 3% by that time.

once the animus spawned we had the Ret pally soak and then the holy pally soak, i pop my bubble once it was up. we burned the animus down pretty fast got it to about 100k and people started dieing and we wiped it was late so we didn't have too many attempts on it. that was our 2 try on him.
Mysticknight

Postby Dalithe » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:02 am

Somethin' I forgot to mention about this fight.

We had 2 healers for 10 man, a resto shaman and a prot pally healer (same as pvp spec pretty much). When we first set up Pally power I already had kings for everyone and was just going without Sanctuary on myself. Due to Wisdom not having any effect during that fight the healer paladin put Sanctuary on me/us. Something we noticed afterwards is that his Sanctuary buff does not give me mana return during that fight, we switched after that attempt as I noticed around 75% that my mana return was deminished. So we reversed it and it worked just fine again.

Weird how that was thought out, but Blizzard forget to include Dark Runes and Fel Mana Potions.
Dalithe

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon