Remove Advertisements

Ulduar minimum tank stats

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Ulduar minimum tank stats

Postby Corpsicle » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:50 am

shindo1234 wrote:Ok I've been reading what people have posted in this thread and what has been said in other places that I have read and I am belief that i have enough stats to OT Uld which my guild is starting to get into. I would like some opinions if that is okay. Thanks a lot

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&n=Santcuff

I think you will be okay for OT, though with only 20% dodge, 19% parry you will feel 'squishy' on hard hitting bosses if you MT. To feel less squishy, I;d drop a couple BV pieces as you get upgrades (valor badge cloak, bracers off mimiron, tier 7 glvoes, and valor badge boots to start) in favor of avoidance pieces. You have decent hp at 28k, and you could always push that higher by dropping the parry trinket for hp trinket if you really needed the hp over the avoidance. You'd probably be fine to MT if you had to as well.

Certainly, your gear is at the point where you should just get into Ulduar and see how you feel about it. With a good crew you should be fine.
Corpsicle

Postby Abuna » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:59 am

Agree completely... Block cap is nice, but you give up too much pure avoidance to keep block cap. I cringe every time I block a 20K hit and mitigate 1500. Wish I could have avoided it completely!!!
Abuna
Maintankadonor

Postby daemonym » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:38 am

unless you have zero gear with block rating on it you're likely block capped after raid buffs. as for the avoidance, i'm at 47.2 dodge+parry that's with d/d/p on nearly all my gear that i can get (no LL) in naxx 25 stuff and the boe uld stuff (BS gear and signet of winter). so 55% is a bit far off for uld 10 at least, with BiS from uld 10m though you can probably reach it though.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby TokenElf » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:49 am

Abuna wrote:Agree completely... Block cap is nice, but you give up too much pure avoidance to keep block cap. I cringe every time I block a 20K hit and mitigate 1500. Wish I could have avoided it completely!!!

Don't cringe. It at least wasn't a normal hit that would have done 1500 more. ;)

On the avoidance and block thing:

Avoidance is called that because you AVOID the damage completely. Block is not avoidance simply because it MITIGATES the damage somewhat (1.5=3K depending on how you gear and buffs.) Block is mitigation and figures into your effective health even with avoidance gear if you hit 102.4%. That block number will always be subtracted off hits so you can take a lot more damage.

I walked into Ulduar wearing naxx10 gear and was able to handle everything up to and including council with no issues. I could eat a fusion punch at that point with no real issues as long as the cleanse was fast. 25 man has been a bit of a challenge with mostly 10 man gear. We got naxx25 gear over a couple of weeks and it has helped greatly.
TokenElf

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon