[10] Freya Hard mode

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Freya Hard mode

Postby Joanadark » Fri May 29, 2009 8:12 am

20% health nerf to boss and adds woooo!

feels like 3.0
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby amh » Fri May 29, 2009 4:59 pm

Regarding the Snaplasher: does SoV-ticks add to its stacking buff?
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Faro » Fri May 29, 2009 6:01 pm

amh wrote:Regarding the Snaplasher: does SoV-ticks add to its stacking buff?

No, dots don't. Pet attacks/auto attacks/dd spells/aoe does.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby loeni » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:55 am

Our experience was that the fight is worlds easier when you stop trying to use two tanks and just go 1 tank 2 heals. First time after the feral went boomkin and we one shot it.
loeni

Postby towelliee » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:23 am

Our comp was

DK Tank - Freya
Pally Tank - Me on adds and Big Tree guy
Enchance Shammy
Holy Priest
Resto Druid
Resto Druid
Hunter
DK DPS
Mage
Warlock

We went with 3 healers as we started with 2 resto druids and one was doing 81% healing, dunon what was up with our other. Priest went from shadow to Holy. The strat was simple.

Obvious notes: Call out the ground tremor so all casts are stopped. Stay out of the beams.

Detnator Lashers: We basically all stacked up for this. We called AOE concecrate Lock/Mage AOE. When they were all 20 or so percent we called to RUN OUT and then mage frosted them in place and we finished them off. They don't hit worth a damn so if anything I ust aoe taunted healers and finished them off myself.

Big Tree Guy: Stood by a shroom and range taunted / AS / Exorcism we lust on first one to get him down quick.

3 Adds : I took on the Ancient Water ele and the Storm Lasher. Our hunter kited the Snap Lasher AND IF YOU NOTICE once the Snap Lasher gets to 60 stacks he just stops moving...so just range kill it. I Used HoJ on water ele respec into improved for this fight.

On our kill fight it went flawless. On Freya just stand clear of the roots. We got her down with about 30 seconds left on enrage.
towelliee

Postby Serelynn » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:50 am

Did 10 man Freya +3 last night.

Group was the following: Protection Paladin, Protection Paladin, Fury Warrior, Frost Mage, Elemental Shaman, Combat Rogue, Shadow Priest, Restoration Shaman, Holy Priest, Discipline Priest.

Essentially, the fight is the same as easy mode but with no tolerance for failure. We clumped up on Freya as much as possible and only spread out to avoid her abilities. With everyone clumped together, roots would die instantly to AoE damage around the boss.

For the three adds that spawn together, the tank on Freya built threat on Snaplasher, stunned him and kited him while maintaining threat with ranged abilities.

For exploding flowers, we would AoE them to 30%. DPS has to be quick to stop AoE. After that, Earthbind Totem from the Elemental Shaman rooted the flowers while people ran out. AoE continues when people are at range, the Frost Mage would use frost nova from both his pet and himself to keep the flowers rooted. We were able to destroy all the flowers at range except for 2-3 that came into the raid, but that damage was easy to handle with so few left. We also had the second Protection Paladin use Divine Shield and Divine Sacrifice to help reduce the damage.

Having someone with a healing reduction debuff (Mortal Strike, Wound Poison, etc.) is pretty useful when you get to Freya herself. By that point, the healers are pretty low on mana and anything you can do to end the fight sooner by lowering how much she heals is a good thing!
Serelynn

Postby Alanyor » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:16 am

We did it with the ground tremor thing last week. Got the 20 min achievement ... will try it with 3 today.
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:52 am

Note that Aura Mastery-Conc Aura-ing the Tremor allows casters and healers to continue casting through it without getting locked out or even pushed back.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Alanyor » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:07 pm

+3 worked well, downed it after ~three hours. Tried it with me tanking the adds while a warrior had Freya, but half an hour before the kill we swapped to 1 tank (me), tanking Freya and all adds, which ended up much easier for our healers and added an extra dmg dealer (the warrior).

Setup on the kill was:

Prot Paladin (me)
PvP Arms Specc Warrior :D
Combat (?) Rogue
Shadow Priest
Mage
Moonkin
Ele Shamy
Resto Druid
Resto Druid
Resto Shaman
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Kaory » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:17 am

Did this Freya+3 last Sunday.
Setup:
Me (protpally) - tanking all adds.
DK tank - on Freya
Elem
Mage
Warlock
Shadowpriest
Rogue
2xHoly paladins
Resto shaman
pretty easy if you have some luck :)
Kaory

Postby Ubick » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:24 am

Just did the 10man hardmode today. We wiped like idiots yesterday for 4 hours trying to do it with 2 tanks, thinking we actually needed 2. But after we tried it with 1 tank (me - prot pally) we killed her in 3 tries. The extra dps is a BIG help and makes the fight trivial :)
Ubick

Postby Threatco » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:12 pm

We 1 shot 1 add up.

We could not quite do 2 adds up. The one time we tried 1 tank instead of 2 the tank got ganked pretty fast when Leo + freya were on him, but we only tried that way once.

Next week I hope to make progress.

On freya do you get hardmode gear for 2 adds, or just 3?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Treck » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:12 pm

only conq badges and small chance of ulduar recepies aswell as runed orbs from 1 and 2 adds.
Only hardmode gear from 3adds.
Treck

Postby Threatco » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:29 pm

For DPS heavy fights like this hard mode and hodir, how geared does your dps need to be to make it more about skill then luck?

I prefer to use wow-heroes.com rating as a guideline.

If we run 1 tank 2 healer 7 dps. The dps in my group have and average of 2250 WHR. Me and healers are 2400. The dps after many non hectic attempts just can't seem to do enough damage even though they are definatly useing all the mechanics.

Do you really need almost full pre ulduar BiS or equivilant DPS to do these 10 hard modes? (~2400ish)

I had

Me the prot pal
Survival Hunter
Marksman Hunter
Dest Warlock
Moonkin
Mage
Unholy DK
Blood DK
Holy Priest
Resto Druid

Mabey if I had better class synergie? Any recomendation? Should I just stack magic damage?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Faro » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:25 pm

Threatco wrote:Mabey if I had better class synergie? Any recomendation? Should I just stack magic damage?

If you had totems I'm 90% sure you'd be fine unless your dps are baddies. And what do you mean they're not doing enough damage on freya? It's not really a dps check >.>
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon