Remove Advertisements

[10] Hardmodes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Hardmodes

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:24 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
PsiVen wrote:
Belloc wrote:XT-002's hard mode can be done with 1 tank and 2 healers, btw.

Depends on the group composition. For ours it was a DPS gain to tank the sparks and more reliable to add a tank than have the MT pick them up. I guess you could 2-heal it with AoE healers but one of ours was a paladin and whenever one of the other healers died, the next tantrum would always kill a DPS.

My group (wasn't anywhere near ideal) did this with me tanking and a Paladin and Priest healing. We ended up just having everyone basically "behind" the boss. Then they'd drop the gravity bombs (with void zones) on one side and the light bombs (and adds) on the other side. If you just save your Exorcism and HoReck and make a quick macro, you can pick up the adds quite easily. Also keep in mind that this is about all you have to do. Even if a ranged pulls aggro, it'll be dead long before it reaches him.

We do it much the same. Add spawns, tank taunts. Designated range starts burning it, pulls aggro. Tank waits for it to get half-way to the ranged player, taunts again. Add never makes it back to the ranged.

I really enjoy XT hard mode.
Belloc

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon