[25] Ulduar boss lag

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Ulduar boss lag

Postby Seloei » Thu May 14, 2009 11:45 am

Is it just our server that is affected by horrendous lag during boss fights in 25 man versions? There seems to be almost no lag in 10 man versions we run but almost all the runs ( not just our guild ) has had horrendous lag for the last few weeks in 25 man. Is it just a problem with Cyclone or it's more spread around on other servers? There seems to be no lag during trash, but as soon as we engage a boss it starts.

It seems to start around 20:00 and ends at 23:00. Which corresponds with most raiding guilds raid times.
Seloei

Re: [25] Ulduar boss lag

Postby Falibard » Thu May 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Seloei wrote:Is it just our server that is affected by horrendous lag during boss fights in 25 man versions? There seems to be almost no lag in 10 man versions we run but almost all the runs ( not just our guild ) has had horrendous lag for the last few weeks in 25 man. Is it just a problem with Cyclone or it's more spread around on other servers? There seems to be no lag during trash, but as soon as we engage a boss it starts.

It seems to start around 20:00 and ends at 23:00. Which corresponds with most raiding guilds raid times.

Seen the same issue on my server. Tues/Wed from 20:00 to 23:00 are going to be high traffic times, but we noticed that the lag lessened if a couple people died.
Falibard

Postby katraya » Thu May 14, 2009 12:10 pm

It has been bad on Cho'gall as well, at least on Tuesday. Since we only raid Tues/Thurs this has been a major pain. We were happy when we managed skip right to Kologarn and kill him without too much lag this week, which has been impossible the last few weeks. We then proceeded to wipe several times to both Hodir and Thorim mainly because of lag. This is making it rather difficult for us to have time to play with Mimiron with our limited raid schedule.

There was a alliance guild on our server that was gunning for US firsts (or at least close to that) who just transfered off because of the lag. We had free transfers off back when the Naxx lag was horrible, not sure if they'll open that up again or if my guild would go if they did.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Thu May 14, 2009 12:19 pm

The lag is bad on Stormrage. We have been trying to do achievements/hard modes through all this lag and it really puts a cramp in our style. Another high end guild on our server has had to cancel a few raids.

I have two accounts and I cancelled them both so that I could provide Blizzard some feedback. I'll reenable them just before they expire.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu May 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Thorim is the main one who gives us consistent lag every week, not to mention the 3-4 people who are disconnected at the start of EVERY Thorim pull
baleogthefierce

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon