Remove Advertisements

Avoidence and defence questions.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Avoidence and defence questions.

Postby Vlad » Fri May 08, 2009 5:52 am

Just a few quick questions.

I thought 550 defense was the minimum for raids, but the 'kill the misinformation thread said 540. Did I get it wrong, or was that referring to heroics, or was it changed? Because if so I can switch out some defense gems for stam =)

Also, I know there is no crushing blows anymore but 102.4% avoidance is a nice goal to aim for, so I was wondering if the old macro I had pre wotlk for working out my avoidance still worked now, (if so yay, goal reached) or if stat conversion has changed, whats the new macro?
Vlad

Re: Avoidence and defence questions.

Postby amh » Fri May 08, 2009 6:09 am

535 for heroics, 540 for raids.

Your macro will not be anywhere near accurate (diminishing returns, you´ve gained ten levels etc). Check the UI/Macro forum for an updated one.

Edit: There: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21476
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Re: Avoidence and defence questions.

Postby ulushnar » Fri May 08, 2009 6:11 am

It's 540, it's always been 540 and it always will be 540 at level 80. You can get by with 535 for 5-mans, but you'll need 540 for Boss tanking.

And yes, 102.4% is still a goal, now referred to as the "Block Cap". At this point the worst result on the combat table is block, which means your Block Value becomes a reliable part of your mitigation. Unblocked hits are the new crushes!
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon