Remove Advertisements

[10/25] DC on the Thorim Pull

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] DC on the Thorim Pull

Postby Playdoh » Mon May 11, 2009 6:26 am

I was in an IRC channel with some other wow players (not maintankadin).

And the topic of the random Thorim DC's came up, this script might help.

/console synchronizeMacros 0
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby knaughty » Tue May 12, 2009 12:48 am

Invisusira wrote:I've got a couple raiders who disconnect as soon as we run into the Thorim arena every single time. Anyone else?

One of our tanks always DCs, as do a small number of other people.

About half a dozen (GPU related group) have to restart wow every boss attempt or they live with crippling graphics lag (things displaying wrong).

I've hit that bug once, and proceeded to run through 3 clouds on the way to Sara - one of my guildies went to the trouble of frapsing it and uploading to YouTube, then another decided it should be linked here.

Thanks guyz!
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Enkal » Tue May 12, 2009 2:29 am

We had this thing going on last night, a shaman DC'd only and only if our warrior tank initiated the encounter by charging the big worm. If I or our druid tank started it, even if the druid charged he didnt DC. :roll:
Enkal

Postby majorwoo » Tue May 12, 2009 6:28 am

We also have people who DC at the pull consistently. Since the timer doesn't start until the last mob dies I tend to just sit w/ the worm in the corner till everyone is back.

And it's not DBM, well at least not only that - one of our people was doing it on a PC without DBM turned on as he suspected DBM as well.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby majorwoo » Tue May 12, 2009 6:30 am

Kezia wrote:This happened to us quite a bit, repeatedly. We *THINK* we've solved it by doing the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328890

No guarantees though >.>

This is reducing the amount if TCP ack messages that get sent - basically trying to cut down on the traffic. If this solves the problem I would suspect these same people DC every time they load a town/crowded instance/etc You said you "think" - any update?
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Kezia » Tue May 12, 2009 1:19 pm

majorwoo wrote:
This is reducing the amount if TCP ack messages that get sent - basically trying to cut down on the traffic. If this solves the problem I would suspect these same people DC every time they load a town/crowded instance/etc You said you "think" - any update?

The attempts after we tried this seemed to work better without any dc's; whether it's because of the change or not I can't entirely confirm. That said, it's worth making the edit because it brought down everyones' ping as well.
Rhetoric of the Nightfall - Alterac Mountains (US)

Guild Master, Virulent // www.virulentam.wowstead.com // www.twitter.com/virulentam
Kezia

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon