[10/25] Flame Leviathan hard modes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Flame Leviathan hard modes

Postby Belloc » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:54 pm

It sounds like you're not handling the demo passenger system appropriately.

You should have 2 siege engine drivers, 2 siege engine passengers, 2 demo drivers, 3 demo passengers, 1 chopper driver.

The way you work it is annoying, but simple. One of your demolishers will be working with two passengers. At least one of these passengers must be a relatively self-sufficient ranged player (we've used warlocks and shamans, but shadow priests would be another good choice. Not sure about mages and hunters).

You start off by loading the turret killer into the demolisher catapult. Then you load the second player into the passenger slot. Tah-dah, you now have 3 players in one demolisher. Fight starts, launch the player up, you're back to two players in the demolisher. Kite, fight, blah blah blah, shutdown. Chopper picks up the player and delivers it to you. Player stays in the chopper until it is time to load in.

Now, you have two options at this point. If you have two good candidates for turret killer (say, a warlock AND an elemental shaman, or a shaman and a shadow priest), you can simply have the current passenger load into the catapult and have the turret killer hop in the passenger slot. Now their roles are reversed for this cycle. The other option is slightly riskier, but we've used it for every one of our kills. It just requires attention and timing. If you only have one good candidate for turret killer, then when he returns to the demolisher, the current passenger has to hop out so that the turret killer can hop in and load into the catapult.

The timing on this maneuver is incredibly important for a number of reasons. First, if they hop in too soon, you lose your pyrite stack on the boss (because you can't fire with a person in the catapult). If they're too late, you might get focused by FL. If one person hops out and stays out too long, a beam might kill them. So... watch the shutdown timer and call for a hop out when shutdown has 3 seconds remaining. Passenger hops out, turret killer hops in (directly from the chopper, remember, he does not have to exit it first), loads into the catapult, passenger immediately loads in, and... bam, you fire the catapult as soon as the shutdown ends. Refresh your stack and you're good until the next cycle.

It's much easier if you have two candidates for turret killer, but it will work either way.

Good luck!
Belloc

Postby amh » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Belloc wrote:The other option is slightly riskier,

but works extremely well indeed. Also make sure to kill off any nearby adds before you do the swap, cause they like to rape players rather than vehicles. The adds definitely do not have a normal aggro-table.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:58 am

Actually, Adds cant hit players. They simply stand there staring you to death untill Flame Leviathan WILL rape you.
Treck

Postby amh » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:59 am

Are you sure about that?
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:04 am

Yes, Ive called it a wipe many times jumping out of the vehicle trying to gather adds to die faster, Having 2big flowers and 20small at once taking 0dmg, theres also no attack animation, thus i dont think they have one. Ive survived like that trying to consecrate them for more than 20sec without taking a single dmg. And they hit pretty hard on the vehicles.
Treck

Postby Passionario » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:41 am

Speaking of crazy things to try outside vehicles, you can leap out, pop bubble and taunt FL. He will turn back to whatever he's being pursuing once the taunt wears off, but this can buy a few crucial seconds of getaway time in a pinch.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Treck » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:07 am

Also normal interrupts work, bubble and then hammer interrupts him ^^
Treck

Postby Huon » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:47 am

I was also told that avenging wrath worked.

get out right before overload, pop wings, get back in your demolisher, profit.
Huon

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:54 am

Huon wrote:I was also told that avenging wrath worked.

get out right before overload, pop wings, get back in your demolisher, profit.

Hmm.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:16 pm

I will certainly be testing that today. First on trash, of course :)
Belloc

Postby Splug » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Blood presence seems to work, so I'd be suprised if Avenging Wrath doesn't.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Horanur » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Nice info guys, especially you belloc, thanks for the insight. I am going to push for this on 10 man 2nite. Few clarifications:

Do freya adds come from all 4 corners in 10 man? or only the SE / NE corners? If they come from all corners, do you just have the "Spare" ram pick up the entire West side, and have your bike cover the East side with assistance from SE gunners?

-OR-

Is the 10 man strat PURELY a bike-kite-to-boss deal? Where ONLY bikes pick up threat and kite into boss to be pyrite splashed?

Also, i have only dealt with Hodir's beam once, it works kind of like Kologarn's eye beams doesn't it? With multiple beams coelescing into 1 beam on their actual target before dealing the effect? That seems to be what i remember, and it makes sense that you can just move out of it.

Very useful insight into the thorim beams, we've all been trying to avoid taking AE damage in vain and losing DPS as a result, now i know to just avoid the direct beams, but there's nothing that can be done about the AE pulse dmg. Also good to know that the Mimiron beam only deals damage with the fire trail it leaves behind.

Since owning the boss in less than 2 minutes with 2 towers up, it became apparent we needed to try a much harder mode, this info will definately help out.
Horanur

Postby Belloc » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Adds do spawn from all four corners, but the western corners are much easier to deal with. You simply have your siege engine passengers kill them. Siege engines have so much health that it's really not an issue if they get beat on for a bit.

As far as bikes picking up adds, that's another one of the "guidelines." Last night, for instance, our other demo driver had a bunch of adds on him, so I shot them (the big add, to be specific) with a single pyrite shot. The adds were already low, but that single shot would've killed everything it hit (either immediately or over the next couple of seconds). So, the guideline is that you want the bike to pick up the adds when possible, but it's important for demo drivers to pyrite them immediately if they are damaging the other demolisher. Demo passengers should always be shooting them, since they can't generate any threat.

Hodir's beam is a single beam (well, there are more than one, but they all attack their own individual targets) that will follow a player until it is able to firmly stop on that player. Once the beam has stopped moving, it has locked onto that spot and you should immediately move. The best way to deal with it is to simply move into the beam and immediately move back out. If a beam is following you, back up into it. If it's coming head on, drive forward into it. Once it has stopped moving, get plenty clear of it. Normal driving speed is sufficient, assuming a decent internet connection. So, again, it's only a single beam -- no coalescing.

Best of luck, let us know how it turns out!
Belloc

Postby Horanur » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Hey guys! After 1h 45min of attempts, 4-T Flame Levi fell to us in 10-man. Thanks for the help guys :D
Horanur

Postby Malthrax » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:52 am

[quote="Belloc"]Hodir's beam is a single beam (well, there are more than one, but they all attack their own individual targets) that will follow a player until it is able to firmly stop on that player. Once the beam has stopped moving, it has locked onto that spot and you should immediately move. The best way to deal with it is to simply move into the beam and immediately move back out. If a beam is following you, back up into it. If it's coming head on, drive forward into it. Once it has stopped moving, get plenty clear of it. Normal driving speed is sufficient, assuming a decent internet connection. So, again, it's only a single beam -- no coalescing. [quote]
Do Hodir's beams despawn after they've locked on and stopped moving, or does each beam re-select a new target and continue to chase the entire time?
Malthrax

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon