Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Flame Leviathan hard modes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Flame Leviathan hard modes

Postby Yukionna » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:19 pm

Banging our heads against this in 10 man. 1 bike/3 person demo

Had many 20%~ attempts yesterday including one where a demo passenger DCd right before the 3rd shutdown right next to a nice stack of pyrite on the floor =*(

After that had to switch people in and it all went downhill from there.

I just don't know how to to get it done perfectly.... Here's some of our main problems..

Demo getting targeted first - For a greater portion of yesterday I took on a demo driver role when I've always been a passenger... I'll totally admit that if I get targeted first I don't know how the hell to get 10 stacks on him, it turns so slowly.. i can get maybe 6 stacks then it will eventually fall off... We all start the southeast corner and try to keep the demo in the NE/SE.

Not enough pyrite - this is esp a problem in the SE corner... NE seems to have a nice supply... as does the west side of the room. We've tried just kinda going where the pyrite is, but the lines of pyrite never seem to line up where we need them and atleast 1 demo is pyrite starved half the fight.

Interupts - Having also driven a siege engine... some interupts are extremely hard to get to in time... esp during hodir phase. We try not to have our seiges *too close* but just in range.

Are you guys REALLLY getting him down in 2 shutdowns????

Going back tonight... some things I've considered doing..
If 2 shutdowns are possible, I've considered wiping it if he targets a demo first..
I've also considered ignoring most flame vents and having sieges protect demos, and be under totally open air to shoot down pyrite.

Can someone explain which "following" phase the shutdowns will occur, esp the 2nd and possibly the 3rd? we usually rotate 2 locks or a mage and a lock depending on who is online.
Yukionna

Postby Avengeance » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:51 pm

We kill him in 3-4 shutdowns pre nerf.
First one send 2 dps up (a rogue and a warlock), the lock gets picked up by bike, the rogue sprints back to his demo. From here thereafter, we only send 1 DPS up (rotation between ele sham and lock (they are in the 3 man demo)). There is the RNG element that if the boss follows more engines than demos, its easier (you can keep double 10 stack up), however, if he does follow demos, its not the end of the world. If the demos always start off max range from him, you can try to maintain 10 stacks (re-stack every 6-8 secs, turn around and run, repeat).

Flame vents should be interupted, but if u miss one or 2 its not a wipe. Assign 1 siege engine passenger to do full time ammo, siege engien anti air guns have better angle, and other engine to focus on killing adds/nuking boss. Demo passnegers can help out too of course.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Belloc » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:40 pm

Yukionna wrote:
Demo getting targeted first - For a greater portion of yesterday I took on a demo driver role when I've always been a passenger... I'll totally admit that if I get targeted first I don't know how the hell to get 10 stacks on him, it turns so slowly.. i can get maybe 6 stacks then it will eventually fall off... We all start the southeast corner and try to keep the demo in the NE/SE.

If a demo gets targeted first, they back up into the lower right corner. If you back all the way up, he'll turn around right before hitting you. The demo that isn't targeted should move to the upper right corner during this time.

Basically, everyone starts at the lower right. Start the pull, launch the turret killer, and move into positions while keeping pyrite up. If a demo is targeted, back up in the lower right corner. You will be safe.
Belloc

Postby Yukionna » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:01 am

Just an update.... went in tonight after everyone read up and focused...

Took about 4-5 tries with most being around 6%-9%.... Finally got him!!!!

Yukionna

Postby Belloc » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:09 am

Did you take my demo advice? We actually prefer it when he targets us first, since it's basically a free 30 seconds. Demo just backs up into the corner, loads full pyrite, never gets hit.
Belloc

Postby Yukionna » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:08 am

Yea we followed the diagram and just kited him away from the east wall when he targeted a siege.

Tried XT after and got the heart to 30k health... no shaman was online for bloodlust =(

Got steelbreaker to 15% but then second tank died and it went downhill after... again no shaman =*(

Getting those 2 for sure this week along with freya!

Oh and we 1 shot mimi tonight... usually that takes atleast an hour. :D So proud of my group we did amazing this week, was our first time trying hards.
Yukionna

Postby Passionario » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:38 am

* Pyrite will now disappear after 3 minutes instead of 1 minute.

This should make the Pyrite Challenge much easier, since you can cover the entire platform with barrels pre-pull now.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Threatco » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:30 pm

So everyone stacks in 1 corner on the pull. And who ever gets targetd stays in corner where we start, flame levi will change aggro before he reaches the corner to hit his target?

If so, should rams still be on him dpsing him and just running away before aggro changes (as anyone would do on 0 towers) . And the other demolisher should take to opposite corner, so if targeteted, will not even need to kite in a circle, just retreat deep into corner to avoid getting hit?

What if he goes from chassing a ram to chasing a demolisher. Unless the ram is in a corner, then the flame lev will be able to make it to any point int he room in 1 chase.

Only thing I can gusse is first person targeted goes into corner, and ALL the rest go into opposite corner. Which would make him have to cross the whole way. But then won't he switch targets to someone else in that same corner?

Or do you have everyone switch sides who is not targeted, leaving the targeted person alone in the corner?

Can't see these diagrams at work or else mabey it would make sense.

(5 tries got him to 60%, we definatly doing something wrong.)
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Belloc » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Siege Engines have no reason to ever do damage to the boss. You're better off saving your steam power for rushing and interrupting.

When you throw up your single turret killer, they should be killing the turrets within 35-40 seconds. If your demos are always at max range (which is a requirement, more or less), he will never have a chance of catching up to them.

Look at the image I posted earlier, it shows you the paths to take. If a demo gets targeted, he backs up into the lower right corner (all the way, if you hit the protruding edge, you will get hit). The other demo moves to the upper right corner (turning and shooting to keep building stacks. I always have my passenger give me a speed boost if I'm not the initial target, just so I can get up there faster).

Siege engines kite the boss to the left side of the room. This guarantees that the boss will never reach a demo before getting shutdown. The only possible issue is if he chain targets demos, but that is alleviated, once again, by shutting him down within 35-40 seconds.
Belloc

Postby Arianne » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:44 am

So where can you have your demo sit in the NE and SE corners where they don't get hit by mimiron's flame? It seemed to me like our demo's were getting killed really fast by the flame (which seemed to also be extending beyond the visible graphic) and by the adds.
Arianne

Postby Metarra » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:10 am

Too bad I can't see the diagram at work either. Photobucket is always blocked, but Imageshack is not.
"Run away! It's an .. um .. run away!"
Metarra

Postby Belloc » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:36 am

Arianne wrote:So where can you have your demo sit in the NE and SE corners where they don't get hit by mimiron's flame? It seemed to me like our demo's were getting killed really fast by the flame (which seemed to also be extending beyond the visible graphic) and by the adds.

The corners are a guideline. You won't spend 100% of your time there.

If there are beams/adds/fires... move. I honestly don't know what to say about that question, because the answer should be obvious. This is a movement fight, so be ready to move.
Belloc

Postby Arianne » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:05 am

I was asking because it really seems like people are being too 'simple' about this fight. Often our demos end up entirely across the field from where they're 'supposed' to be. (And I was wondering if I was missing something since so many people seem to say that the demos sit in one corner.)
Arianne

Postby Belloc » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Again, the corners are a guideline. When the fight starts, you need to get to the appropriate corner as fast as possible. Once the fight has begun, both demolishers can stay in their corners (relatively) until the first shutdown occurs. At this point, you may need to vacate your corners if you have poor beams or if FL chain targets demolishers.

Honestly, you shouldn't have to move too much if shutdowns are occurring fast enough (35-40 seconds from shutdown end/start of fight).

Basically, you'll move to your corner, shoot the boss, follow the boss at max range if it targets a siege engine, shutdown, shoot the boss, relaunch player as soon as shutdown is over, kite while keeping your stack up (it is seriously not hard at all if you are at max range), shutdown, shoot the boss, launch player, follow boss when it chases siege engine, shutdown, boss dies (after the third shutdown).
Belloc

Postby Arianne » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Ah, so it seems like my group is having problems getting the shutdowns done consistently.

Whichever demo is targeted first or is designated to stay in the SE corner shoots passenger up as soon as FL is in range and then one of the choppers jumps into that position. The other demo heads to the NE position. If a siege is targeted it should move to the SW corner and the other siege should follow to interrupt flame jets. If a demo is targeted the sieges still do the same thing?

The person on top of FL should overload him by the time the 2nd person is picked for kiting. The remaining chopper picks up that person and then loads into the demo after the current passenger is sent up. Person should immediately be sent up after the overload finishes?
Arianne

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon