Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Flame Leviathan hard modes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Flame Leviathan hard modes

Postby loeni » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:39 am

My guild did flame leviathan with 2 towers up yesterday, and we were noticing its a lot harder to keep the motorcycles up than other vehicles. We lost ours near the end every time, including the kill, purely to rocket fire from the turrets. Does anyone have any ideas what can be done to reduce this damage aside from killing the turrets, as it seems there has to be some way to do it for 3 and 4 tower kills.
loeni

Re: [10/25] Flame Leviathan hard modes

Postby Ewige » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:43 am

Which towers did you leave up?
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby loeni » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:45 am

Flame and stormstrike.
loeni

Postby Ewige » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:57 am

Those are the same we left up yesterday and our bikes didn't seem to be the ones dying first (most deaths occurred due to lag + catapult). I assume you guys are maxing ilevels on drivers and all that junk, interrupting flame vents, don't get near the fires, don't stand in the blue beams, etc. Make sure bikes are picking up people during overloads.

Hmm, it's just (quite a bit) more damage and more situational awareness than 1 tower, but the fight is essentially the same, not sure what else I could add.
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby loeni » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:34 am

Yeah, we even had the two players with the highest combined ilvl in the motorcycles. Most of the damage they were taking seemed to be coming from rocket barrage, not the towers, based on reports from the cycle drivers and the fact that their health dropped steadily rather than in chunks.
loeni

Postby lusisia » Fri May 01, 2009 11:23 am

This was our latest strat diagram from a guildie trying to do 1 tower last night on FL:

We clearly need to do more research. My thought was kiting the trees through the fire patches?
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Fri May 01, 2009 11:28 am

loeni wrote:Yeah, we even had the two players with the highest combined ilvl in the motorcycles. Most of the damage they were taking seemed to be coming from rocket barrage, not the towers, based on reports from the cycle drivers and the fact that their health dropped steadily rather than in chunks.

Yes, leaving the flame tower up increases all fire damage done by quite a bit. This includes the rockets.

As for "how to keep motorcycles up through this," I'm all ears.
Invisusira

Postby Markoh » Fri May 01, 2009 12:24 pm

Kill faster, that's really the only way. The rockets are in essence a soft enrage, b/c they can't really be stopped and eventually they will kill everyone. Maybe do fire tower last to make 2 and 3 tower easier, but really I see no way around the rocket damage other than one absurdly complicated way.

Only use two choppers and have the other 2 choppers parked near the entrance ready for a switch when they get low. This would work for us b/c we usually leave two of the siege engine gunners unmanned to keep constant people in the passenger demolisher seat to feed them pyrite. This isn't really making them survive but rather making it so they can kill the choppers off in a coordinated way and not loose their effectiveness.
Markoh

Postby Mozen » Fri May 01, 2009 9:28 pm

I was under the impression that if you aim Anti-Air above the Leviathan, then when your missiles explode, they will do an AOE and effectively act to mitigate the barrage damage. I don't know where I saw this, but maybe this is worth a try?
Mozen

Postby kram » Fri May 01, 2009 9:31 pm

didnt really read the full thread but the bikes are bugged and lose any health they get from ilvls after a passenger gets into them
kram

Postby Taragon » Sun May 03, 2009 1:35 am

kram wrote:didnt really read the full thread but the bikes are bugged and lose any health they get from ilvls after a passenger gets into them

Yes, its quite unfortunate.

On 25 I've done 4 towers up the first week, but only 3 towers up since the buff to hp. (I released on our first kill thinking it was a wipe so I missed the achievement ><). Bike's hp are a sort of soft enrage, You can only have so many overcharges before the bikes die, and the dpsers on top are unable to make it back to their demolishers. I think that we killed thorim's tower this last week which drops alot of the damage going around.
Taragon - Ex-Maintankadin of Insomnia

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Taragon
Taragon

Postby cordelia » Sun May 03, 2009 11:54 pm

How hard is FL with 1 tower up? Which tower should we leave up? Gonna try it this Tuesday.
cordelia

Postby Seloei » Mon May 04, 2009 1:34 am

Easiest to hardest towers:
Thorim - non-moving beam which deals aoe damage if someone goes through
Mimrion - beam that goes from X to Y, doesn't change path. Fire dot if you get hit ( not sure if it's removable )
Freya - Adds, bikes with tar and siege engine catapults deal with those
Hodir - Frost beam that changes direction randomly and chases, also reduces movement speed.
Seloei

Postby Panzerdin » Mon May 04, 2009 2:44 am

Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Barsine » Mon May 04, 2009 3:39 am

cordelia wrote:How hard is FL with 1 tower up? Which tower should we leave up? Gonna try it this Tuesday.

It's really easy actually. It's like doing him the normal way, it just takes a bit longer time. Since the fight still will last such a short time you don't have to care that much about how people are with vehicles and moving out of shit. 8)

Edit: Mimiron or Thorim. Thorim kills your bikes awfully fast, but since FL will die so quick it doesn't matter. Mimiron's flame paths are easy to avoid and usually just cut out a corner.
Barsine

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon