Remove Advertisements

[25] Help avoiding Mimiron rockets

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Help avoiding Mimiron rockets

Postby semp » Tue May 05, 2009 12:52 pm

jus moving without looking for the target can mean you are moving into a blast zone. I found the easiest way was to look at the boss at eye level and the rocket targets become very easy to see.
semp

Postby Jaydin » Tue May 05, 2009 1:27 pm

my biggest issue is with him spinning back and forth (esp p4) i miss the rocket launch sometimes...as I wander into a spray >_< I'm gonna try the projected texture trick as well as my usually calling out.
Jaydin

Postby Neroth » Tue May 12, 2009 8:31 am

One tip for noticing the rocket launch is I've found that the rocket on his back will briefly dissappear and then reappear immediately before he launches it. If you catch the blink you can call for the launch before the rocket actually starts moving.
Neroth

Postby Belloc » Tue May 12, 2009 11:35 am

Aside from just paying attention (which can be hard for melee, I'll admit), try to pay as much attention to the rockets on his back as you can. When they launch, just back out. If no one is behind you, you won't be backing into one. Even if one isn't targeted on you, backing out is a safe, reliable habit that will save your ass.

But make sure you're also paying attention to ability cooldowns. Watching for rockets when a shock blast/pewpew is coming could get you killed.
Belloc

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue May 12, 2009 11:52 am

What's fun is seeing the rocket target at your feet when you can't see your own fucking model because he's overlapping you during P4.

We used Baby Spice last time, but I'm not certain it's not going to come back and bite us somehow.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Tue May 12, 2009 3:20 pm

With Particle density and projected textures turned off, the rocket strikes on the ground are very clearly visible.
Sometimes you can see it even 'on' the boss. If you are still having problems, make sure a ranged dps is calling it out EVERY time it launches and whenever you hear his voice you move away from where you are.

The only way to stop from dieing like that is to know whats going on before it happens, so you don't have tunnel eyed vision on your GCD's or only staring at boss timers etc.
Seloei

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon