Remove Advertisements

[10] Ignis - Adds not getting molten

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Ignis - Adds not getting molten

Postby Synagain » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:18 am

This is an issue I was having last week (we haven't tried it this week yet, we run 10s on mondays)

Basically I will grab an Add, take him into a scorch and the debuffs fall off faster than they stack. And since I am a death knight I have even tried literally just standing in the scorch with the add using AMZ/AMS to withstand the damage. And still while standing there with him the debuff will go up to like 10-11-12 --- and then drop back to down to like 7.

I know this is irrelevant since everyone just zergs him now, but just curious if this was happening to anyone else.

P.S. Hi PsiVen! Old doomie screen shot on tich on the 19th of may at 7:30 PST. Everyone who was a doomie is invited, even level 1's since you're a xfer nerd :]
Tichondrius Elite
Synagain - 80 DK Unholy/Blood Tank
Synergist - Rogue
Synagain

Re: [10] Ignis - Adds not getting molten

Postby rokkon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:11 pm

We ran him last night, I was in charge of the adds with the help of a druid. We didn't try to zerg him.

After a few tries, I found out the adds only spawn every other time Ignis spits out the fire. So what I ended up doing was using every other flame pool to get the adds molten in order to be as close to the new fire as possible when it appears. Because if they were not in the fire almost the entire time the fire was on the ground, they would not become molten. Our "winning" rotation looked like this.

-MT tanks ignis. Ignis spits fire (we didn't use this fire for adds).
-Add spawns, I pick up add. MT moves Ignis to next location. I tank add very close to MT.
-Ignis spits fire on top of MT, me, and the add. Druid roots add, waits for him to become molten then taunts into the water
-MT moves Ignis to next spot. Ignis spits another fire (did not use this fire either)
-Add spawns, I pick it up... MT Moves Ignis to next location. I tank add very close to MT.....

and so on.

It worked nicely for us as long as I got the add into a fresh fire very quickly.
rokkon

Re: [10] Ignis - Adds not getting molten

Postby Nalyn » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:04 am

Synagain wrote:Basically I will grab an Add, take him into a scorch and the debuffs fall off faster than they stack. And since I am a death knight I have even tried literally just standing in the scorch with the add using AMZ/AMS to withstand the damage. And still while standing there with him the debuff will go up to like 10-11-12 --- and then drop back to down to like 7.

Make sure you use a 'fresh' scorch patch, and you should be good. Also, at this point, get agro on the add, and just stand IN the fire, don't waste the time to try to find the spot where the golem is in the fire, but you're not. No cooldowns necessary, 10 man it tics for about 1k, maybe slightly more, 1100 or 1200'ish? before resists, 25 man, our couple of I'll fated attempts it seemed to tic for about twice that, about 2k, or so, before resists. Wait til it hits 20 stacks, goes molten, whack it again, run for the water, yell that you've got a golem ready for your designated shatterer.
Nalyn

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon