Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Flame Leviathan Hard Modes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Flame Leviathan Hard Modes

Postby Lewid » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:27 pm

Last week we tried Red and Yellow and found Red to be very difficult to deal with but yellow was not that hard. This was on 25's. We eventually killed red to get the one tower achievement. In 10's we tried yellow and blue but had some trouble with that, so just ended up doing yellow again by itself. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea on what the easiest two towers in combination might be? Tomorrow in 25's were going to try Green and Yellow and see how that goes.

Wowiki's information is quite limited here... and some parts are just wrong.
* Tower of Storms (Thorim's Hammer) – deals 15,000 Stormstrike damage to all nearby enemies.
* Tower of Flames (Mimiron's Inferno) – deals 15,000 fire damage to all nearby enemies and leaves behind a flaming blaze.
* Tower of Frost (Hodir's Fury) – deals 15,000 frost damage to all nearby enemies, entombing them in ice.
* Tower of Life (Freya's Ward) – deals 15,000 nature damage to all nearby enemies and summons guardians of nature to assist.

What I've found so far...
(first, just in case you didn't know, each tower multpilictively increases his health by 50%)

* Tower of Storms (Yellow - Thorim's Hammer) - deals 150'000(or so) stormstrige damage to any who move into the beam or stay in the beam more than 3-4 seconds after it spawns. It seems to have an effect outside of the radius of the beam by at least 10 yards. These beams despawn after about 20-30 seconds. These beams spawn and don't move. There are about 6 or so up at a time. The most damaging of the towers, but the most easily dealt with (provided you don't get punted by FL) OR throw a dps/healer through the beam to land on FL's back. The beams will kill players that fly through them... not every time, but often.

* Tower of Flames (Red - Mimiron's Inferno) - deals 15'000 fire damage per second and leaves a fire patch on the ground that makes it hard to see choppers. The beam that creates the fire will follow a path, not sure if it targets a player or just roams around... from what I could tell there were always 3 or 4 of these up either standing still or moving. Also increased FL's dps by 25%.

* Tower of Frost (Blue - Hodir's Fury_) - deals 15'000 frost damage and freezes the player doing an additional 15'000 frost damage every 2 seconds for 15 seconds. There is a way to get the frozen effect removed, but it didn't work every time. Had something to do with the demolishers. The frost beams always move around, and they move faster than seige or demolishers, so when they cross over you they stop and then do a short 3-5 second countdown and 'proc' their ice effect before moving again. ALSO, this tower slows the movement of all vehicles by 20%.
Lewid

Re: [10/25] Flame Leviathan Hard Modes

Postby Holyflight » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:29 pm

I cleared Leviathan 10man on hardmode (4 towers) after 10+hours of trying tonight. I'd say the most annoying extras were the adds from freya's tower, and the iceblocks from hodir. It was certainly pretty frustrating at this point, although we had a lot of close tries before finally getting him down.
Holyflight

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon