Remove Advertisements

Kologarn and Hand of reckoning?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Kologarn and Hand of reckoning?

Postby Sturmm:) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:24 am

Hey folks, last night we killed Kologarn after a few tries but i seemed to notice that Hand of Reckoning didn't taunt the boss and every time we switched tank i ended up having to use RD. I asked the other tank (a paladin) and they confirmed that they had an issue with it too. I know the spell was hitting as i saw it do damage but the boss remained on the other tank but RD worked fine. I was in melee range and i don't have the RD glyph.
So anyone else have this happen or see anything similar? I only ask because it was very strange and its been bugging me. :x
Sturmm:)

Re: Kologram and Hand of reckoning?

Postby Smite-Turalyon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:39 am

Sturmm:) wrote:Hey folks, last night we killed Kologram after a few tries but i seemed to notice that Hand of Reckoning didn't taunt the boss and every time we switched tank i ended up having to use RD. I asked the other tank (a paladin) and they confirmed that they had an issue with it too. I know the spell was hitting as i saw it do damage but the boss remained on the other tank but RD worked fine. I was in melee range and i don't have the RD glyph.
So anyone else have this happen or see anything similar? I only ask because it was very strange and its been bugging me. :x

I am pretty sure that Hand of Reckoning was taunting the boss for me when we last did Kologarn this week, least I dont remember having to use RD to grab off during tank switch.
Smite-Turalyon

Postby amh » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:55 am

Worked fine on 10man last reset for me.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Teneb » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:57 am

Worked fine on ten man this week and last for me.
Teneb

Postby Bacardi151 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:44 am

I was having the same issue switching between our other tank fighting Razorscale. It happened several times and i had to then throw everything else that wasn't on cooldown, using RD as well(though when it wasnt resisted, RD worked fine). Another paladin tank was asking if anyone else was having an issue with Hand of Reckoning as well.
Bacardi151

Postby Serelynn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:05 am

Never had a problem. Keep in mind that taunts have DR now, if too many people are taunting too quickly, the boss will become immune for several seconds and you'll see your taunt fail.
Serelynn

Postby Dolore » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:09 pm

came on the site today to check for this problem,, same problems with Hand of reckoning on Razorscale and Kologar last night. I could taunt any trash or adds with reckoning, but needed to use RD on Razorscale and Kologar, Reckoning damage would show up, but wouldn't get a immune or resisted message on eavesdrop, SCT or blizzard combat log, just didn't seem to exist.

edited to add in 25man ulduar not 10
Last edited by Dolore on Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolore

Postby Bacardi151 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:51 pm

So this is a little bit worrying. Seems many think its a DR issue, but i think there is something else going on; either with the ability or the fights themselves. I looked over my combat log and saw the same thing. I saw HoR do damage, but nothing else happened, cept the ability went on its cooldown.
Bacardi151

Postby inthedrops » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:38 pm

Please make sure it's not diminishing returns on taunt. Serelynn probably has it right. Also, check combat log and you can be sure of the events instead of guessing. I hope nothing is broke :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Akairos » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:43 pm

It was most likely the DR issue, we hit that problem on Gluth the other day on an alt run.
Not fun.
The subtle tongue, the decieving guile,
they fail when the broadswords sing
Come in an die dogs...I was a man before I was king!
Maintankadin of <Inconceivable>
Akairos

Postby Dolore » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:59 pm

the DR issues would only happen if there was multiple taunts, but there was only 3 tanks, we were calling out taunts over vent, all pets had their taunts turned off and according to target of target, I was taunting off a tank after 2 debuffs which usually after a minute or longer depending on the others tanks luck in ducking the debuffs. After the first couple times reckoning didn't work, I mentioned it in the tank channel, the other paladins said they had noticed the same thing and like me had jsut chocked it up to DR or low hit. We played around with it and reckoning was doing nothing, not even showing up as a resist or a immune, and we could use RD right afterwords and not have it fail. our tanking core figured out along time ago why bosses were going immune and now we're very careful to call out taunts and to watch ToT so that we almost never taunt off another tank, going so far as to even have rotations setup if case adds or bosses are free.

edited: I hope its DR, wont be going back in until Sunday and kolgar is still alive, so I'll try Reckoning a couple times to check combat logs for failures to make sure I'm not making a mistake, I have no problems admitting I may be wrong, but it just seems odd that several people have noticed the same issue.
Dolore

Postby earanduin » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:44 am

I experienced similar issues with HoR fails on taunting yet doing dmg (this was apr. 24 in 10man).
earanduin

Postby inthedrops » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:28 am

Are you guys sure you're in melee range AND taunting the body?
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Markoh » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:15 pm

inthedrops wrote:Are you guys sure you're in melee range AND taunting the body?

If I had to guess this is the problem. It is really easy to accidentally have an arm targeted b/c they all converge in the middle. Our first time doing him I accidently taunted his left arm instead of his body, so this might be your problem.

I've never had hand of reckoning not work barring; some other tank taunting it right after you do, it going on taunt dr, and a miss.
Markoh

Postby Maswin » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:13 pm

Finally, more people experiencing this! I've been moaning to my guild since we've been raiding 10 man about my taunt failing repeatedly (nothing to do with DR), hand of reckoning seems to be at more fault that AD. I had the same issue on Kologram but they were definitely down to misses - on that I hit HoR-AD-HoR-AD until i got aggro just as he was hitting 3 stacks.

Not sure if there's anything in it as I can't say I really had to taunt much in previous content, and AD still seems to be fine on its own...so it could just be bad luck.
Maswin

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon