[25] XT-002 Trash...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] XT-002 Trash...

Postby Panzerdin » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 am

You could always try running past and wipe recovering, it works on Mimiron's.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Barsine » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:44 am

This trash is inside XT's room though so you have to kill it. ;)
Barsine

Postby theckhd » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:57 am

Ewige wrote:Anybody try engineering remote control/belt tinker? Would be cool if worked.

It does <edit - I meant the belt tinker, didn't try the remote>. Shame it's only 3 seconds, but it can be a life saver if used at the right time.

We handled these packs by having me aoe-tank everything where they stand, with 3 or 4 healers spamming heals and rotating cooldowns. The other two tanks peeled off individual mobs to be killed by the rest of the raid, who were all standing back in the hallway out of LoS. In this way, the leapers can only stun my healers and not the rest of the raid. I had my healers spread out so that only one at a time got stunned.

The Salvagebots (sawblade mobs) were pulled and burned down first, followed by the techs. After a few techs are down it's not too bad, the first 45 seconds or so are pretty hairy though. There were several times where I dropped very low in health.
Last edited by theckhd on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby arilink » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:26 am

Those little 'Parts Recovery Technician' gnomes, who also set up the Defense Matrix normally hit for 4k - 6k.
However their Mechano Kick ability seems to be bugged and to ignore armor.
It hits for ~28k on a tank.
Otherwise these two trash packs could be easily AoE'd down.

So my advice is fear those gnomes, AoE the rest :D
Lailani - Paladin
Vixi - Deathknight
arilink

Postby dunnark » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:52 am

Ewige wrote:
Anybody try engineering remote control/belt tinker? Would be cool if worked.

Tried the remote control on tuesday but no luck. :(
dunnark

Postby Belloc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:29 am

Pulling the group to Razorscale's area results in the gnomes usually stopping in the hallway or in XT's room. In other words, you get the bigger robots, but not the gnomes. Kill the robots and go back for the gnomes (you'll still be in combat).
Belloc

Postby Raive » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:29 am

Anyone else a little bit distraut about getting punted to death by gnomes? But yeah, my guild pretty well did a zerg it till it works strategy, wiped about 3 times on each trash pull but got them down eventually, way harder than the boss himself.
Raive

Postby MrDuck » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Well now this trash is some SICK thing. Seriously, we managed to kill XT (before its various nerfs), ignis, almost got razor, but man this trash. I was never fan of some meaningful trash mobs, there was always either just a pile of mobs to aoe, or some ANNOYING stuff like in TK, and this pretty well reminds me the TK stuff (which i wholeheartedly hated).

Basically what we tried was separating the gnomes and the rest, killing them first and aoe the rest afterwards. Didn't nearly get to kill the stuff. So we tried killing the big stunning one first,then gnomes. GG, I got oneshotted by these noams before the big dude even died. I also don't like the idea of pulling the trash around half the instance.

I know it CAN be done in a proper way, yet i talked with a few friends from guild already on Yogg-Saron, and they just fear the gnomes around immediately and killed the rest. Now what if people don't have fear?

I gotta say i'd welcome any hints on how to get past this annoying piece of &#@!. Yeah i know, hard trash is a good way to stop BAD guilds from getting to bosses and then whine that bosses are too hard (man, why in the world did XT get his enrage timer extended?!?), but well, we downed sart+3, we can kill some ulduar bosses, so what's the matter with this, i don'ŧ think we're that bad guild -.-
MrDuck

Postby Kalakaua » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:43 pm

it seems like everyone ignored my post about just kiting the bastards. My guild spent an hour trying to get those pulls down, then we realized 1 person on a mount could kite all of them. We just had a tank peel them off one at a time. 2 minutes later, all the trash before XT-002 is dead and the entire raid is still alive...
Kalakaua

Postby Rasmfrackn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Can someone in combat hop into a multi-passenger mount?

-- Also, how do you kite everything for 2 minutes on a mount? Wouldn't the healers get aggro after a little bit?
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Maat » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:23 pm

XT trash was awesome.

We assigned 1 ranged kiter to each gnome and they just dragged them around Razorscale's area (we still had Ignis trash up, so just using the hallway seemed somewhat scary).

The Robots were easy enough, kill the Constructers (I think it was?) first since they like to jump around like asshros. 2 bots each for the 3 tanks you should have, goes down quickly.
Maat

Postby MrDuck » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Kalakaua wrote:it seems like everyone ignored my post about just kiting the bastards. My guild spent an hour trying to get those pulls down, then we realized 1 person on a mount could kite all of them. We just had a tank peel them off one at a time. 2 minutes later, all the trash before XT-002 is dead and the entire raid is still alive...

Well i was just thinking it's probably not the way it's supposed to be done, but i guess we'll give it a shot on next raid.
MrDuck

Postby Synagain » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Rasmfrackn wrote:Can someone in combat hop into a multi-passenger mount?

-- Also, how do you kite everything for 2 minutes on a mount? Wouldn't the healers get aggro after a little bit?

They are kited out of range, back in the Flave Leviathan room, or Razorscale/Ignis if they are dead
Tichondrius Elite
Synagain - 80 DK Unholy/Blood Tank
Synergist - Rogue
Synagain

Postby Nick7 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:13 am

What worked for us was to CC gnomes (hunter traps, druid roots, etc...) and zerg rest of pack.
Than finish one by one those pesky gnomes. Oh, yes.. helps to stun them while killing them :)
Nick7

Postby sanguineraven » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:22 am

The first night the trash returned we used a Hunter's eyes of the beast to pull with the raid down the stairs in Razorscale's room. Tanks pick out targets making sure the sawblade mobs are away from the raid. DPS them down (Naxx AoE style optional), go back for easy killing of the small bots.

We tried that again last night and they seemed to reset so we just use any Paladin who has PoJ to pull (which I picked up this week and am quite enjoying).
sanguineraven

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon