Remove Advertisements

[25] XT-002 Trash...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] XT-002 Trash...

Postby Legatø » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:50 pm

So after 3 one-shot one kill bosses. XT-002's trash has brought the raid to a screaching halt...where the heck did this BS come from. No problems last week, and now a 9 pull that very hard to CC...Suggestions?
Slightly insane, and not prepared Guild Leader of Dragonblight's Hope Rides Alone 10 man Guild

80 Blood Elf paladin. Enjoys long walks on the beach, sunsets, and smashing people's faces in with a large piece of shiny metal.
Legatø

Location: Pennsyltucky. That part of the state that is Arkansas between Philli and Harisburg.

Re: [25] XT-002 Trash...

Postby Vanifae » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:07 pm

Yeah we got one down but we can't get the second group :(

Technician's Mechano kick hits for about 26k.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Vanifae » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:41 pm

We killed the Compactor's first that seemed to make it alot easier.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Teneb » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:44 pm

It's kinda easy once you figure out the ?exploit?. Stack evryone in razor's room middle.

One pally tank pulls with PoJ (Mandatory) And runs while dropping consecrate and starts to circle around razors room.

Other tanks peel them off one by one and kill in the middle.

Then run back and pull each healer mob from where they're standin in the middle of the hallway beforee XT 1by1 and stunlock and kill around the corner where you turn to scale.
Teneb

Postby Kalakaua » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Better yet, have someone mount up and have a rogue use their misdirect + fan of knives. Kiting while mounted is ridiculously easy. Kill them 1 at a time.
Kalakaua

Postby darklight » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:43 am

The way the guild I was in did it last night, was have all dps and healers in the corridor before the room using a LOS method. The pull would consist of me using exorcism on the closest scrapebot, while hunters did distracting shots to the technicians.

Hunters trapped the technicians, while druids rooted the other bots at the pull. With the LOS around the corner the other two tanks picked off their targets and we aoe'ed down the mob. Essentially we had 5 cc'd targets out of the 9, 3 frost traps + 2 rooted. Technicians were trapped, while the spider looking bots were rooted. Technicians cast a shield over the group and buff the bots so they need to be CC'd in some manner.

After the aoe pack was dead, the other 2 tanks picked up the rooted targets and we had all melee go to them. Hunter MD'd one of the technicians to me while I kite tanked. As a paladin this makes it simple with avng shield + exor + conc. When our stunning cd's were ready (kidney shot, hammer, etc) we burned down the technician and repeated. The reason for the kite tank was because the technician can do a kick ability that delt between 20-27k dmg that I saw on the combat log and was instant cast so non-interruptable.
darklight

Postby Serelynn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:50 am

We just pulled it all and tanked it on 25 man, wasn't too hard. As long as people avoid the spinning razorblade (or kill it) no one died.
Serelynn

Postby Ewige » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:41 am

Yeah, it's a CCfest on 25s. I think priest fear worked on the technicians, saw one of em running around. Those little bastiges kick for 25k every so often!

Anybody try engineering remote control/belt tinker? Would be cool if worked.
Ewige

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:01 am

Same deal... we zerged the first group and lucked out with only about half the raid dead. Then we thought we'd get clever and try CCing the other side and... 5 wipes later it was raid stop. heh.

I hate that they're mechanical because nothing works on mechanicals but the generic stuff. I hate freeze traps because breaks on damage + 30s cooldown = dicey. Roots seemed to work well. Fear on the little guys works well, and they're a ticking timebomb of fury with that kick.

So what do things actually do? I thought I figured out most of it, but confirming would be great:

Salvagebot: saw blades. anything else? As if they need more. (Total sawblade damage from last night: 5 million)
Compactobot: leap -> 8k + stun, 8 yard radius. Doesn't seem horrible if people spread out. (-- Leap is Physical damage even though the tooltip says Nature)
Disposalbot: self-destruct for ~10k apparently. channeled cutting beam for ~3k/sec. (-- both are Fire damage)
Parts tech: puts up shields and kicks like chuck norris. 150% weapon damage is 24k on a tank? They only swing for 5k. Shields reduce damage by 90% AND heal.

We tried different things like LoSing around the corner into the hallway, pulling straight across to the other pile (since we zerged that one successfully), trapping, rooting, etc.
Kiting the whole thing back to razor's room sounds fun and viable, but kinda cheesy. Not that that bothers me, but positioning my raid is like herding cats. Getting them out of LoS back into the hallway was bad enough.

Does any other CC work? What's really the most dangerous? I was tempted to switch initial targetting to the techs since that really slows down all the killing and those kicks are almost lethal on their own. I may have to tinker on an EMP tonight and see if it works. I'm sure it'll be junk, but I gotta use my engineering skillz for something.
Last edited by Rasmfrackn on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:38 am, edited 9 times in total.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:12 am

I believe we wiped more on this trash than XT-002, Kologarn, Razorscale, and Iron Council combined, and due to Ulduar being unplayable on my realm for a good bit of last week, 3 of those were first kills.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Nalyn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:19 am

The little gnomes are all fearable, just pull them back and stick a warlock on each one and you should be good.

Otherwise, Rasmfrakn's list seems pretty accurate as far as mob abilities, we did salvage -> disposal -> compat, then worried about finding the techs to finish the pull. And as a extra note, any dps that saw a saw blade was to target and kill it. Once we got the kill order worked out a bit better, and understood what the shields did, we did one pull, then the second, without too much issue, first pull we had 3 or 4 dead, second we had 11 or 12, the tech's decided to start kicking people :(
Nalyn

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:28 am

Also, it looks like the shields only heal the techs (and the sawblades for some reason...), but not the rest of the robots. Still gotta drag them out to hurt them, but at least that's why an AE zerg isn't totally doomed.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Gracerath » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:31 am

This trash does not fuck around, that's for sure. We had a few wipes but mostly used the "Tricks of the trade + fan of knives + mount kite + CC whatever runs into your freezing trap" strategy. Our rogue died many times on the pull but successfully transferred some threat to the kiter. We usually run with 3-4 hunters, we may just start using them to kite shit instead and process stuff as we can. Half the raid dying before the pack was dead was not uncommon.

30+ mins figuring out trash really put a damper on our XT attempts for the night (not to mention a comedy wipe on FL) =( I like a challenge and all but this seems to be bordering on silly. From what I'm reading here, trash elsewhere is even worse. Yay?
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Barsine » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:27 am

Use your hunters. The long hallway between Flame Levi and XT is awesome for kiting, I think our hunters got the mobs to 75% or something while we killed the rest of the pack.
Barsine

Postby Candiru » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:41 am

Although the trash is hard, there are normally only 2-3 pulls of the same mobs before the boss which is good imho. Not like SSC/TK where you had endless trash of the same pulls. Or Sunwell before Kalecgos..
Candiru

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon