[10] Ignis - Now with added Zerg.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Ignis - Now with added Zerg.

Postby Kelaan » Fri May 08, 2009 9:30 am

Wait, you tank both the boss and the adds? Interesting. Doesn't that get very hairy near flame jets? We had 3 healers last night and even then had trouble keeping our Ignis tank up.
Kelaan

Postby Jasari » Fri May 08, 2009 9:34 am

Kelaan wrote:Wait, you tank both the boss and the adds? Interesting. Doesn't that get very hairy near flame jets? We had 3 healers last night and even then had trouble keeping our Ignis tank up.

The adds really don't hit that hard, we used to chain CDs the last 15-20% of the fight during the first week of 3.1 before a slew of nerfs. But now that a couple of them get killed off and Ignis' damage has been nerfed, the fight is ridiculously simple to solo tank. Honestly the hardest part is keeping all the adds in front of you.
Jasari

Postby Kelaan » Fri May 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Do you tank him in the water, then, or do you still try to get scorch stacks on the adds?
Kelaan

Postby Salamandra » Fri May 08, 2009 3:24 pm

Just stand right next to the water, as long as part of the scorch is in the water the whole thing goes out immediately. I wouldn't like trying to both tank Ignis and stack scorch on the adds and drag them over to the poor, neither is it at all necessary.
Salamandra

Postby Jasari » Sat May 09, 2009 8:45 am

Kelaan wrote:Do you tank him in the water, then, or do you still try to get scorch stacks on the adds?

I stand in the water when I tank him. The scorch still lands for a couple seconds and after a couple scorches some of the adds will start to become brittle.
Jasari

Postby Kelaan » Sun May 10, 2009 9:33 pm

Interesting. If that's the case, that ought to help prevent the increases in damage after a point, right?
Do you do 3 healers or 2? Do you stack normal tanking gear, or BV-heavy gear to reduce the adds' damage?
Kelaan

Postby Jasari » Mon May 11, 2009 5:41 am

Kelaan wrote:Interesting. If that's the case, that ought to help prevent the increases in damage after a point, right?
Do you do 3 healers or 2? Do you stack normal tanking gear, or BV-heavy gear to reduce the adds' damage?

We use three healers. I wear 4 pieces of T7 which has a good amount of BV, but I don't wear a full BV set. You probably could now that the adds become brittle so easily, but the first few times I did it we didn't end up killing any adds and I was being hit for 20k by the end.
Jasari

Postby Corpsicle » Wed May 13, 2009 12:20 am

We did this in our ten man yesterday, and got the speedy kill achievement. Group make up was MT - me prot pally, OT - DK Blood Tank. 7 dps - enhance shaman, elemental shaman, shadow priest, mage, ret pally, 2 feral cats. We had 1 healer, a Holy Priest. I tanked Ignis standing in the water, the DK stood behind Ignis and pulled adds to him where he could spread diseases onto Ignis and keep up Ebon Plage debuff on him for casters. The rest of the dps stood in range of my and the DK's taunts and stacked up for aoe healing. We popped Bloodlust immediately after first flame jets. We had fire resist aura, and a healing stream totem in each group, with healing from the ret pally's judgement of light. I used Sacred Shield on the folks who got thrown in the pot, shadow priest also tossed a few shields and kept vampiric embrace going.

It wasn't easy, we wiped a few times. It was however significantly faster than other kills we had on him, took 3:29 as opposed to 7 or more. It was a lot of fun too. :)
Corpsicle

Postby Zoltar » Mon May 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Have done the zerg method on 10 man easily. Feels like cheating though.

Tried the zerg on 25 man last night but the damage on the MT was too much once 4 or 5 constructs were active. Tried it the proper way with 2 OTs (warrior and me) which was working OK but 2 OTs seemed to be overkill so in the end I went ret to add to DPS and healing. One shotted him with that method.
Strange thing was that on the kill I topped the healing meters just through JoL & Divine Storm! Sure 60% of it was overhealing but even taking that into account my effective heal was towards the upper end of the healer group. Is that normal? Or are the healers behind the 8 ball.
Zoltar

Postby Faro » Tue May 19, 2009 1:33 am

JoL has always been obscenely good at ninjaing heals because of the way it works. I believe it's PPM and a rather high one at that. While your healers are busy landing from the flame jets your melee are still swinging at Ignis with their whites and yellows, procing JoL heals. I used to be consistently #1 on heals during Sapphiron for the same mechanic, and our ret is in the same position during Hodir. Don't worry about any healer getting beat on an aoe fight by the ret paladin, as the scaling ret gets for JoL is off the charts. This might come off as slightly rambly but it's late so I'm sorry.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon