Our incomplete Mimiron[10] strategy, open to suggestions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Our incomplete Mimiron[10] strategy, open to suggestions

Postby Panzerdin » Fri May 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Belloc wrote:
Panzerdin wrote:Blizzard put it there and made it do that, it's only reasonable to assume they expect you to use it in that manner.

To cancel the most dangerous ability used in the fight? Seriously, without that ability, the fight is an EASY win. That single ability is what makes the fight difficult.

If you can cancel it, it's an exploit.

I have no problem with using baby spice on the base (so you can see rocket strikes better), but using it on the midsection to cancel spinning up would be a huge exploit. As it is, we've never used either; I'd prefer not to lose more melee from standing too close to the boss during a laser barrage.

None of this gives any indication as to why this is not intended by Blizzard. I see nothing wrong with using first and asking questions later.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Jasari » Fri May 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Panzerdin wrote:
Belloc wrote:
Panzerdin wrote:Blizzard put it there and made it do that, it's only reasonable to assume they expect you to use it in that manner.

To cancel the most dangerous ability used in the fight? Seriously, without that ability, the fight is an EASY win. That single ability is what makes the fight difficult.

If you can cancel it, it's an exploit.

I have no problem with using baby spice on the base (so you can see rocket strikes better), but using it on the midsection to cancel spinning up would be a huge exploit. As it is, we've never used either; I'd prefer not to lose more melee from standing too close to the boss during a laser barrage.

None of this gives any indication as to why this is not intended by Blizzard. I see nothing wrong with using first and asking questions later.

If you can't see how eliminating arguably the most dangerous aspect of an encounter with an item you get from cooking dailies is not intended, I think you need to spec into common sense.
Jasari

Postby Panzerdin » Fri May 29, 2009 12:50 pm

When it's to my advantage, I'm quite happy to state that the bloody stupid is in fact the bleeding obvious.
Panzerdin

Postby semp » Fri May 29, 2009 12:53 pm

In 10 man, bring 3 healers. Thats the best advice I can give you. There is so much raid damage + tank damage even our group still runs 3 healers in mostly U25 gear. Have one of your dps in a heal spec is what we do.
semp

Postby Belloc » Fri May 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Panzerdin wrote:When it's to my advantage, I'm quite happy to state that the bloody stupid is in fact the bleeding obvious.

Ok, let's just all sit in the lava with reflective shields up for half an hour.

Or vanish/feign as we're falling onto our drakes so we can put out 20k dps in phase 1 and have him at 1 health in phase 2.

Or stand in the hallway so that no one is getting hit by the infernals.

Or pull Shade outside of his room so there is literally no worry of anything whatsoever.

Or pull Hex Lord and feign so that all his adds despawn.

Or bug out the tornados on Zul'jin.

Or use limited invulnerability potions to remove the Ground Slam/Shatter combo.

Seriously, removing Laser Barrage from Mimiron is like removing Doomfire from Archimonde. It's an exploit and completely unintentional. Stop being so butt-hurt and admit it.
Belloc

Postby Panzerdin » Fri May 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Of course it's unintentional. Of course it's an exploit. Of course I'm not going to admit that if a GM asks me how my guild of scrubs killed that boss they were failing miserably on. I was in the guild's second 10-man group due to their pathetic need for a competent raid leader, and I freely admit that I used very questionable game mechanics to get encounters far beyond that group's competency level down. Disingenuity is clearly a dying art.
Panzerdin

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon