Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Yogg Saron

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Yogg Saron

Postby Infinite Discontinuity » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:58 am

Funtodin: Read back a page; you should never have to deal with the 20% debuff being up for more than a split second, and you should never have to stop DPS.

I read back and was unable to find a specific reference to this. Are you saying that there is a way to get rid of the debuff once it's up or that it should only be up momentarily before the crusher is killed?
Infinite Discontinuity

Postby Belloc » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:17 am

Infinite Discontinuity wrote:
Funtodin: Read back a page; you should never have to deal with the 20% debuff being up for more than a split second, and you should never have to stop DPS.

I read back and was unable to find a specific reference to this. Are you saying that there is a way to get rid of the debuff once it's up or that it should only be up momentarily before the crusher is killed?

If you put a tank on a crusher, he won't channel the dps debuff. Keep in mind that hitting the crusher gives it a stacking buff that increases its damage. So, if you have your DPS stop for a second, it completely resets.

Basically, have a tank sitting on the crusher and have DPS stop when it hits 30 stacks. As soon as the stacks drop, pew pew again.
Belloc

Postby Serelynn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:34 am

It really depends upon your DPS too, once the Crusher hits about 35 stacks I just stay out. Generally we don't need an interruption in DPS because the tentacle will drop fast enough after that, and if we do, there's a decent chance that the stack will fall off on its own between lag, people getting constricted, etc. You can also run in under Divine Shield and interrupt the cast, it's also good time to use Divine Sacrifice to reduce any poison/curse damage for a couple seconds. I usually reserve Blessing of Protection to free someone from a Constrictor Tentacle, but it could be used on someone else to allow them to run into the Crusher Tentacle to interrupt it if you have Forbearance.
Serelynn

Postby cordelia » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Psiven:

Can you give a more detailed explanation of what exactly you do when you joust?
cordelia

Postby Claire » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:32 pm

hi

so I am having really bad trouble avoding clouds :S Everyone keeps saying it's really easy, but somehow for me it's really though. We tried solotanking adds in the middle, with two tanks where one stays in the middle and just taunts off when the add drops to 20-30%, but nothing really worked well. There's just this moment where two clouds will be in the way and we can't get through.. Or one too many add pops or another thing.. and between looking out for adds, looking out for clouds, using my spells.. juste doesnt work :S

any ideas/hints would be appreciated.. also concerning how to facilitate this as much as possible (two tanks? one tank? what method to use?)
Claire

Postby Avengeance » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:50 pm

10 men - 1 tank, solo tank in the middle and dodge clouds.
25 men - 2-3 tanks, each tank bring their own add to the middle, tank it in the raid when they spawn (make raid stand by the entrance, assign ranged dps group as a finisher to follow u to the middle).

Watch ahead of where you are going, if you see 2 clouds coming in opposite directions, converging, go around them if you know you cant make it in time - always go around clouds if you dont wanna take the risk. By around, I mean, say if a cloud is coming clockwise, you go anticlockwise (if you go clockwise, it's just gonna follow u and close in on you).

Remember, its far better to go a long way around the cloud instead of risking passing through a small gap of 2 clouds and accidentally spawn 2 - with Mimiron helping you, you run so fast anyway adds wont catch up on you, of course, dont backpedal, always run straight forward fullspeed.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Belloc » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:06 am

Alright, now it's my turn to ask a question. So, I recently caught mention of a correlation between crushers in phase 3 and Immortal Guardians.
Each Crusher will become an extra add when phase 3

Since we are able to actually get to phase 3 now (including an attempt where we hit phase 3 with one crusher up at full health, and everyone alive), I need some clarification on this. I'd ask this at elitistjerks, where I pulled that quote, but my methods at work only allow me to view that site, not post.

So, my question is: Does the crusher simply spawn one add at the start of phase 3, or does it double the spawn of adds until the crusher is dead? I know that the crusher does not despawn, so it's kind of silly to say that it "becomes an extra add." So, what is it? Single extra add spawn or persistent additional spawns?

The reason I ask this is because it felt like the adds were spawning much faster than they should've.
Belloc

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:09 am

I'm confused. Why would you be leaving up a crusher in phase 3 anyway? Wouldn't you be eating that 20% damage done reduction?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby semp » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 am

The removal of mind control really makes this encounter a lot easier, along with the much, much to slow spawn rate now. We pop 2-3 clouds at the start of P1 just to get the show rolling.
semp

Postby Belloc » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:15 am

Eh, it was our first time really hitting a good phase 3 attempt and the crusher was as far away from the raid as it could've been. I was lulled by the extreme ease of 10-man phase 3. We certainly won't be leaving crushers up during phase 3, but it's still important to know if they influence the spawn rate for the limited time that they are up.

It really felt like adds were spawning faster than every 10 seconds.
Belloc

Postby Arianne » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:29 pm

Which strategy are people using primarily in phase 3? DPS (ranged and melee) stand near YS, Tanks farther away, Healers farthest? Ranged with healers?

Also, in phase 2 we keep having not enough applied DPS up top. Our melee are doing fairly well (we usually don't get an extra crusher spawn), but it seems like even with only one crusher spawning per portal phase our ranged are not getting stuff down fast enough. We do seem to have a ton of malady of the mind running through the raid - what is the best way to avoid that? I've been emphasizing that people stay pretty grouped up so that the constrictor team can get those down ASAP. I've also been emphasizing that people stay in the southern half of the room so that we don't get too spread out.
Arianne

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon