Remove Advertisements

[10]Ignis - shattering the constructs?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10]Ignis - shattering the constructs?

Postby Sober » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:16 pm

Last night my guild was running a 10-man and when we got to Ignis (after laughing ourselves to death from the tornadoes chasing people from the trash), dealing with the gimmick with his adds seemed quite difficult for a couple of tries.

From what I understood, when the constructs are Brittle, they have +50% crit chance against them, but the 5000 damage done, does it have to be in a single attack/spell or just in a very short amount of time? I always assumed after 5k damage it would shatter if brittle.

I'm going to say we had an especially weird raid comp which was:

Prot pally (me)
Blood DK tank
Blood DPS
Arms Warr
Fury Warr
Resto Druid
Resto Shammy
Hybrid Priest (don't ask)
2 Survival Hunters

So I'm not so up to date on WotLK DPS, but neither of our survival hunters said they could consistantly crit over 5k. I was afraid of putting any melee onto it since shatter has a PBAoE effect even though it wouldn't kill them. So in the end after a couple of failed brittle attempts (they reset to their activated phase) our DK tank who was doing the adds just went into blood presence to kill them.

So what I'm asking is, is it any bit unusual to ask for a 5k+ (likely a crit) in Ulduar10 from any dps class/spec? (we are in close to BIS Naxx25 gear and I could easily ShoR crit almost for 6-7k in that group)
Sober

Re: [10]Ignis - shattering the constructs?

Postby doteh » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:18 am

I just shattered them myself with a shield slam. we had a moonkin keeping an eye on me aswell - If i didnt crit the first slam he'd wrathspam a bit to crit it. We found the harder part of the fight keeping up with the rate they spawn, ended up having a cat drood just go bear occasionally if we got an early spawn.
doteh

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:04 am

5k crits really aren't that hard to do.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Equitas » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:14 am

Panzerdin wrote:5k crits really aren't that hard to do.

No you do crit for 8-9K usually, nevertheless you have 2 tries to crit him else -> Fail
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Amran20 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:21 am

My guild runs with two prot pallies. I tanked the big hammer, and my buddy was grabbing adds. He consistantly Shattered them in one Shield Slam. If things worry you *that* much, just pick up the Avenger's Shield glyph for that fight. That raises your AS crits to a very respectable 7K+ in raids.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:39 am

Not all the time it doesn't. You may as well just ShoR them, it's more certain.
Panzerdin

Postby Amran20 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:12 pm

The glyph doesn't? Wha?

When I Glyph AS, my normal hits are ~3300ish, crits usually around 6K+ in PvP, I can only assume higher in raids, with buffs/debuffs and whatnot. At least I haven't had a sub 5K crit so far... and it's nearly guaranteed, since my raid buffed crit is around 22% + 50% = 72%. It's just a backup for when ShoR may get unlucky in the RNG. Also the timing is GREAT, since a construct is supposed to come out once every 40 seconds, so if you don't use it to pull, you can guarantee it'll be up for every construct.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:03 pm

What I meant is that it isn't guaranteed to crit.
Panzerdin

Postby Amran20 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:22 pm

Oh aye, but neither is ShoR.

Amran20

Postby doteh » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:31 pm

Shield slap. if it doesnt crit yell on ts and a ranged dpsmonkey can do it for you. you rarely need it but having 2 constructs up due to not allowing for bad luck sucks.
doteh

Postby Agonized » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Downed him tonight, I was add tank wearing my block set (1900ish unbuffed/libramed). I shattered the first 2 then simply kited the rest while walking backwards, sealing/judging light. Was a HELL of a lot easier on me AND the healers, plus no need to stand in fire. We had a hunter MD to me, but shield toss was more than enough to get the adds over to me.

Should mention the MT was the DK we use on Sarth 3D, helps a lot at the end when the debuff stacks up.
Agonized

Postby kensanity » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 pm

I put on a block set kept me around 2k unbuffed, with buffs and libram that gets u pretty high. Keep in mind that block sets typically have a boatload of strength which help with your AP and other stuff anyway.

Oddly enough, i'ld kite to the water, judge, SHoR, HoR and excorcism. I KNOW that sometimes my SHield wasn't critting but something else i hand was killing them . I dont know. Hammer of RIghtenousness? idk.
Fight is easy tho, PErsonally i dont think you really need to kill more than a few. IF dps is good probably could just end up tanking the rest.
kensanity

Postby Rothes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:29 am

Does he ever grab the tank on the adds? Last night he kept grabbing our offtank, but I think (not sure) it was when he had no adds on him.
Rothes - Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby Smite-Turalyon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:41 am

Rothes wrote:Does he ever grab the tank on the adds? Last night he kept grabbing our offtank, but I think (not sure) it was when he had no adds on him.

the first night of attempts we tried him he grabbed me when i was trying to drag the adds a couple times. We tried to combat this by having one of our DPS dk's ready to throw a taunt and finish the job. Last night when we got him (i believe after some hotfixes from blizzard) we didn't have our OT take any slag pots though that could have been from the RNG being nice
Smite-Turalyon

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon