What would be the minimum dps threshold for Ulduar?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: What would be the minimum dps threshold for Ulduar?

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:39 am

Threatco wrote:Living long enough to get to the enrage timer is the hard part.

Mah not really, Gravity Bomb doesnt damage the target in 10 men, and Light Bomb deals fairly reduced damage.
With 3 healers, outhealing the possible Tantrums is easy.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby galore19 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:09 am

Long time lurker here and finally created an account because I actually wanted to ask a question on 10 man dps and what it should be coming into Ulduar. We ran into trouble with the Molten Giants at the top of the stairs. Seperated them, blew all my cds to stay alive to help the healer but 4 of the 5 dps were below 2k on the first giant. When I said something, got normal excuses and then one went to 2500, one to about 2200 but my healer just couldn't keep me alive long enough to make it through while the first was being killed. All players have a mix of 10/25 man gear but looking at some of these posts, our raid dps is just bad. Maybe not just bad, but don't want to offend anyone with my language. So in all honesty, people with a mix of 10/25 man raid gear in a 10 man raid should be at least pulling 2500 dps? or 2500 dps average? Thanks for your time
galore19

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:21 am

3k DPS minimum.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Amran20 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:12 am

One thing I did on Tympanic Tantrum is popped Divine Shield + Divine Sacrifice, then dropped the combo with about 1 second left, and resumed tanking. I figure 30% damage off of the tantrum means turns it into ~80% HP damage, and no one dies.

Edit: Well, at least up to 150% of 37000 =P
Last edited by Amran20 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:15 am

Yes, now we just get to see how long it it until that gets fixed.
Panzerdin

Postby Amran20 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:25 am

Why fixed? It's not like it's a bug, isn't that how it's supposed to be used, to prevent 30% of horrible raidwide damages?

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:32 am

It's meant to be capped at 150% of your maximum health.
Panzerdin

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:36 am

Panzerdin wrote:It's meant to be capped at 150% of your maximum health.

It's meant to be cap at 150% of your maximum health *per single absorbtion*.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:39 am

Where does it say that?
Panzerdin

Postby skolor » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:57 pm

What is this 3k dps on? Specifically, what kind of dps numbers should we be seeing on each of the bosses?

Also, are there minimum health requirements or anything else for other fights?
My blog of my experiences leveling a tankadin.
skolor

Postby kensanity » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:27 pm

Worldie wrote:
Duzzit wrote:4.5k + in ulduar. or xt wont like you.

Assume a regular raid with 3 tanks and 7 healers, this leaves space for 15 DPS.

XT has 25kk HP, and a enrage timer of 6 minutes. I will assume that the time you spend DPSing the heart balances the time lost killing adds, moving, etc. (p.s. we almonst involotarly activated the hard mode in 10 men, got the heart at 1%, got the boss down by like 20% >< )

25kk HP / 6 minutes = 69444 DPS / 15 DPS = 4629 DPS each (ignoring tank DPS) to beat the enrage timer. It's actually less than that, since the time on the heart is significant due to the 1:4 ratio of damage transferred with the heart taking additional damage, so assume anyway at least 4k DPS each in heroic.

I just want to say, that you are the man when it comes to explaining these basic concepts. Cuz i'm a fucking genius at math and whatever but you really know how to break down the easy basics for us WoW players who always come to a forum for the cookie cutter answers or what not.

On topic: yeah I would assume 4k deeps would be nice. However, have guilds been seeing a decrease in their damage output? Yeah sure maybe a few hundred dps lost because of unfamiliarity with an encounter, but i'm finding that my dps as a tank has dropped significantly... like 800 or so dps..
kensanity

Postby Passionario » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:28 am

On our successful 10-man XT-002 kill, we had only one person with 3K+ total DPS (over the course of the entire encounter), and only three people with 3K+ effective DPS (during DPS time), so it's not that bad, really.

That said, we

1) went with only 2 healers
2) had our healers and MT deal some damage to the heart
3) killed those damned scrapbots promptly

P.S. Divine Hymn is awesome on this fight - it can completely negate a bad robots-bombs-Tantrum-all-at-the-same-time moment.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby vegardhv » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:34 am

After several wipes (10-11) because of tantrum (mostly) or enrage, we did this on 10 man with an average dps of just above 3000 (excl tanks). It was d*mn close, half the raid dead when XT died, and a few seconds till enrage. He's not excactly on farm status :D

I guess improving tactics and/or getting more DPS would make this smoother. Two pally healers probably make the tantrum phase tough too. (edit: also brought a priest healer)
vegardhv
Maintankadonor

Postby Tekkel » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:05 am

1900 and 2400 dps just sounds weirdly low. That's more in the range of tank dps. Anyone actually trying should average well above that. I got an alt hunter with a week at level 80 and a grand total of 3 epics that pulls 3k dps on static 5 man bossfights allready. And that's without trying that much for a perfect rotation.

Best solution is to log the fights and analyze them to see what goes wrong in their dps rotations. I'd say any dps class in nax 25 gear should easily do 3.5k dps on static bossfights. Anything below is just a general failure of the player behind the screen not knowing how to play his class correctly.
Tekkel

Postby Passionario » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:53 am

Keep in mind that 10-man XT-002, at least, is supposed to be doable in 10-man Naxx gear. (And, with good execution, it is)
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon