Remove Advertisements

[25] Deconstructor problem...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Deconstructor problem...

Postby Miroslav » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:57 am

Dear all, please pardon me for didn't register before, I was following this forum for a lot of time but only from a shadow, never posting :)

Yesterday we downed deconstructor after more than a dozen times. He hits me for 18k-22k (when not blocked or absorbed). Ok, I managed to survive. However, on last try, we switched me for a warrior tank, and now checking WWS logs, I see he get's hit from 16k-18k... ???? Am I missing something? I was never being hit for more than any other tank before the patch, I can't figure out what is happening... I know Im missing a divine plea glyph, but it's not yet available...

ps. Armory is down, I can't link it...

WWS report: http://wowwebstats.com/6pxvscrwvkuui
I have only managed to check last death by "Crownir" while he was tanking the boss. don't mind the first few dmg incomes as Shield wall was active...

Cheers all!
Miroslav

Re: [25] Deconstructor problem...

Postby Miroslav » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:03 am

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... an&n=Peech
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... &n=Crownir

Why am I concerned? Raid buffed I had about 42k health, perhaps abit more... I can survive 2 hits easily if im getting hit for 20k, but if I get 22k hit, then it's a problem for next one (I don't want to rely on healers). But if someone is taking 18k hit, then he does not have anything to fear, not to mention 16k...

What is your experience in Ulduar?
Miroslav

Postby Serelynn » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:56 am

Is anyone using Demoralizing Shout when you tank? Is the warrior tank using it only when they tank the boss? Having trouble getting to WWS from work today so I can't check the logs you have.
Serelynn

Postby Miroslav » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:59 am

Serelynn wrote:Is anyone using Demoralizing Shout when you tank? Is the warrior tank using it only when they tank the boss? Having trouble getting to WWS from work today so I can't check the logs you have.
Can demoralizing shout reduce dmg by up to 2-3k?
Miroslav

Postby Serelynn » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:18 am

It could be a significant part of if Demo Shout isn't being applied when you tank: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/4234 ... ss-ap.html

Look at some of the screen shots for Maexxna's damage, it's a pretty noticeable difference in damage.
Serelynn

Postby Miroslav » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 am

oh this is nice, thank you very much for the link. I guess this could have been the problem, to be honest I wasn't paying attention to boss's debuffs, I will next time for sure! :)

cheers
Miroslav

Postby Garath.Gorefiend » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:44 am

Demo shout/roar/Curse of Weakness has always been hugely effective on bosses that do a lot of melee damage, generally reducing incoming damage by about 12-15% if I recall (not sure if this has changed in Wrath, but it was the general rule of thumb in TBC) depending on whether or not its the standard or improved versions.
Garath.Gorefiend

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:18 pm

Back in TBC, Demo shout would have cut Illidan damage from 10k per melee to 8k, a decrease of 20%.

So yes, Demo shot is much more powerful than it seembs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dem » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:20 am

I'm handing off MT to a DK for this fight. I think my utility is better by Divine Sacrifice/bubbling on the tantrum and sucking up 40% of the raid damage. A 3rd tank can hold any adds while I do this.
I have nothing to prove so we're going to work out each boss then share out the tanking appropriately.
Dem

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon