Remove Advertisements

The Auraiya pull

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The Auraiya pull

Postby Anvar » Sun May 31, 2009 11:36 pm

Barsine wrote:Dunno if you call it failsafe, but we did it like this:
- 4 tanks, warrior MT, warrior OT, protadin and feral druid.
Basically, we just stood in a square before the pull, with maybe 20-30y between each one of us. Then we all poped shield wall and all that shit before the boss actually reached us. We also had wings up on the MT since he's taking all the first 4 pounces. Each one of the tank then taunted 1 tiger each. And after that the fight begins. :p
It's really important that the MT takes the first pounces though (or anyone with wings really) since you get totally raped by them.

This was by far the easiest and most consistant for us tonight, warrior got wings and took the inital pounces, had one of our dks throw on tank gear so he could grab one.
Anvar

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:03 am

We have rogues chain distract one of the adds; once the 3rd distract (yeah we have 3 rogues for some reason) ends, we pull the add and kill it by the time the other 3 adds and CCL reach us.

The raid is stacked up out of LOS, with most of the raid one one side of the stairs; I stand on the other side and yank off two adds as they round the corner. Other tank picks up CCL and the other add. We pop CDs on the pull, and another add is dead by the time that's done. This way we only need two tanks for the fight, and the other two can go DPS, etc etc.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Threatco » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:16 pm

I was raid leading Ulduar 25 for the first time last night. We cleared first 6 bosses and got to this cat lady.

We did the pull by having everyone stack just to the side of the stairs, so that when the cats come up and finaly get anyone in LOS, they are all too closer to leap to.

My main point to this post, we DID NOT SPLIT UP THE ADDS. Just 3 tanks. 1 on boss. 1 with 2 adds each, all stacked, all pop 50% damage recuction on the pull. This worked consistantly, no one ever got ganked from the adds.

We did about 4 attempts before calling it because it was too late. The wipes were always after 50% dieing fear happening right after guardian dies and spawns a void, all the healers get feared through it.

Im sure if we had time we would have had it the next attempt. But my point is a half geared semi-pug doesen't find any need to split up the adds on the pull.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby rocket » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:38 pm

i didnt read the 5 pages of posts, but what i have been doing is laying a consecrate near the bottom of the tanking stairs when auriaya is getting close to the opposite stairs. even with the 8 second consecration, auriaya pats far enough to start the encounter. we had 2 hunters in our raid, so 2 of the kitties were MD'd sequentially to tank 2, and the other 2 came to me.

we went to this when a snake trap was killing the trapping hunter when the FD was resisted on one of the 4 kitties.

still used the bubblewall to help the healers out (2 heals on each kitty tank, 2 on auriaya tank which was more than necessary).

result has been no deaths at all from kitties, and even moreso, no deaths on fight with me and healing pallies using HoJ on defender on CD, and the 2 OTs taunting off clothies. whole group of melee and healers stack on one point, and all melee in front with tank.
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby Threatco » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:08 am

We downed 25 man Auriaya last night. 15 guildies plus some friends. First time killing it in heroic for all of us.

The night before we had one or two shot the 6 bosses leading up to her. This being our first real attempt at heroic Ulduar we were getting pretty confident now.

By the time we got to Auriaya it was 2:00 am and some of our early birds were starting to fall asleep. We only got in 4 tries.

From the start I had us doing it like 10 man. At the end of her patrol is stairs leading up to us, we all stack on one spot just to the side of the stairs so when they patrol up and get in LOS everyone is less then 1 yard form them, so no pounces. The DK tank who threw D&D to pull doesent take much damage as I pull of Auriaya and the other OT pulls off 2 adds. We all stay stacked until the 4 adds are dead. They die just before she fears. If they don't die in time they pounce around feared people which is very bad. After that people just stay stacked on the marked main tank where ever he is.

The guardian spawning is not a big deal, healing here is pretty easy but we did see very spikey damage from the guardian pouncing during fears, but healers got their groove and it stopped being a problem. But a few times we didnt time the guardians death and it happened just as she feared, sending people through it to die.

So today we developed the strat to kill the add intentionaly if it was allready low right after a fear, then move ~30 yards back to the next platform. The Guardian seemed to lose about 20% hp per fear from aoe so it wasant too hard to time it right once we got organized.

Once people realized then when I am moving her away form a void zone they still have to stay stacked with me, then we got it.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon