Remove Advertisements

[10] Ignus the Furnance Master Trash

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Ignus the Furnance Master Trash

Postby Amerlyn » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:03 am

For the flame elementals:

I was on my hunter at the time but I found out they can be kited, (with aspect of the cheetah up), but you must stay more that 20 yards away because of a short range ability they can do to daze you. Our guild strat was to have me (hunter) and druid in speed form kite one elemental back past first boss. The second elemental was kited back into Razorscale room and kited around in circles by a mage. Whenthe first elemental was at 20 % I'd bring the second back It takes longer to do but no one dies.

Cheers
Amerlyn

edit for spelling
Amerlyn

Postby Rasmfrackn » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:22 pm

Worldie wrote:Removing that jumping debuff is fairly simple, wait until it gets on a mage/rogue/paladin, then iceblock / cos / bubble ;)

This so doesn't work anymore. :)

We actually killed those stone giants on our first try, then we spent 3 minutes trying to figure out how to get rid of the hopping dot. It seemed to have a range > 60 yards. I had the bright idea of using the teleporter to go back to the base camp when i got it, which actually DID get rid of it after it ticked out. Unfortunately some people had died and were running back at the time, so they died again. :twisted: It did clear it, though.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby TzumaNew » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 pm

We found that just the pools at the base weren't enough. However, going into the shiny waterfall area did clear it completely. This involves at least amazing timing, or killing 1-2 more packs on one side while dealing with the debuff.

Iceblock/DS seemed to force it to jump, and if one person dies to it, it will also jump off the corpse. We couldn't effectively outrange it (though Id imagine the portal would work as mentioned above). A wipe will clear it. ;p

For the revenants, the count to 13 and run was what we did in 10s. For 25s, we found it to be too many people in the same area to effectively run, so we decided to kite one away. Switching to unholy presence, I was able to do this without issue, as a NE, I could simply shadowmeld to send him back to the group.
TzumaNew

Postby BubbaBill » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Working on this tonight but have a question about the cyclones that you are discussing kiting. You say they follow one person around. Are they tauntable? Would it be viable to assign a Fury or Ret to taunt when they spawn and kite so you always know who they are on?
BubbaBill

Postby Amerlyn » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:13 pm

Working on this tonight but have a question about the cyclones that you are discussing kiting. You say they follow one person around. Are they tauntable? Would it be viable to assign a Fury or Ret to taunt when they spawn and kite so you always know who they are on?

As far as I know only the elementals themselves are tauntable, the flaming whirlwinds they produce are not targetable or tauntable, but i;m not 100% sure I was too busy running away from one to experiment :). If you're going to kite tank them everyone still needs to stay away from the whirlwinds.

Cheers
Amerlyn
Amerlyn

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon