[10] Ignus the Furnance Master Trash

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Ignus the Furnance Master Trash

Postby Falibard » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:54 am

Okay, so my group last night demolishes Flame Leviathan and we start walking down the corridor to the next three bosses. After reading the start Ingus seemed like an easy enough fight that I decided we should do him first. Holy hell that trash hits hard. Here's a brief overview of what my group saw and learned.

Giant guys at the top of the steps: Need to be separated. Ranged will get hit with an earthquake effect that is followed by a silence, melee will get a stacking debuff that ticks fire damage and the damage will chain to whoever they are near. After about 4 stacks melee should run out and get away from one another.

Fire golems: Will randomily charge the raid. The easiest of the group.

Fire elementals: Have a shield on them that causes fire damage. Cast something like "flame cyclone" (or something to that effect) which tosses the raid around and causes a ton of damage. Possibly interuptable, our server locked up and by the time it came back up it was a little too late to start trash all over again. We were tanking these on the stairs which may have been a problem as I was having trouble judging how close I was to the cyclones. I was tanking on my DK and not having any real issues with them, my druid co-tank was getting destroyed by them.

Really the damage I was taking as a tank was inconsequential compared to how quickly this trash could wipe out the dps and healers. If we were just doing something wrong please let me know.
Falibard

Re: [10] Ignus the Furnance Master Trash

Postby Tiranknight » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:14 am

That's about as far as our group got last night..the Elementals that shoot the Fiery Whirlwinds are called 'Magma Ragers' I believe, and they gave us a little trouble at first... basically what we did was have me and the other tank, tank each Rager at the bottom of the Ramp in separate corners with our backs against the wall then have the Ranged stand max distance from us at the middle of the ramps... and they all had to spread out in a fan direction. We realized the Elementals shoot a Whirlwind at a Random member of the Raid.. and while the Whirlwind is spinning at them they need to just run straight back... being careful not to bring the Whirlwind into any other group members path... during that time the ranged DPS switch to the Whirlwind burn it down and go back to the Elementals. Once we did it that way we didn't have a problem with them....

Now the 2 giant Fire Golem dudes at the top of that Ramps those are a completely different story. I think we wiped 3 times trying to kill them, and afterwards we read somewhere that they aren't necessary to kill and can be bypassed. On top of hitting like trucks, and leaving a Fire stacking debuff they do an Earthquake AoE that does pretty significant raid damage.
Last edited by Tiranknight on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiranknight

Postby Candiru » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:27 am

Can you banish the elementals?
Candiru

Postby Tiranknight » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:31 am

Candiru wrote:Can you banish the elementals?

Nope we tried to, they are immune to CC.
Tiranknight

Postby Falibard » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:05 am

Tiranknight wrote:Now the 2 giant Fire Golem dudes at the top of that Ramps those are a completely different story. I think we wiped 3 times trying to kill them, and afterwards we read somewhere that they aren't necessary to kill and can be bypassed. On top of hitting like trucks, and leaving a Fire stacking debuff they do an Earthquake AoE that does pretty significant raid damage.

We were able to kill them on our second real attempt. I think if I had to do it all over again (and I do) I'd pull the first focus fire across the hall to burn it down leaving a tank and healer on the other side with second one. I'd have a fury warrior sword and board and taunt the second one off just long enough for the OT to have the debuff wear off. The mobs itself doesn't hit very hard but that debuff will kill you fast. Did you notice if that debuff was dispellable?

/facepalm. The whirlwind is can be targeted?
Falibard

Postby Falibard » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:16 am

Somewhat related note I was pleased to learn that the reason we couldn't kill XT-002 trash last night was because it was bugged.
Falibard

Postby Rothifer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:45 am

Giant guys at the top of the steps: Need to be separated. Ranged will get hit with an earthquake effect that is followed by a silence, melee will get a stacking debuff that ticks fire damage and the damage will chain to whoever they are near. After about 4 stacks melee should run out and get away from one another.

My guild was able to get to these guys and wipe WAY too many times. We tried this on 10 man with pally tank (me) dk tank. priest, pally and shaman healers.

Every fight, melee die first because each time they hit the mob, a stacking debuff went up. Can anyone confirm this? I did notice a few debuffs on me but nothing that would stack up to how many times I hit the target.

I noticed two debuffs. Can't remember the names. One of them is a stackable (to 5 I think) debuff that reduces armor and does 1500ish dmg per tick. This debuff went up to 4 (on me) and I didn't see any chain debuffs going around. I could be wrong though. Second is a debuff that says something along the lines of "unquenchable fire get into magical water". What it does I don't know. Reading up on an Ignis fight, it said that some adds needs to be hit by a fire attack and sent into water. Basically makes them shatterable and easily killed. Might be connected. Just thinking out loud.

Earthquake. As far as I could tell, the mobs would randomly target a raid member in range and throw a rock. It didn't look like it ticked any damage just silenced. After the first mob went down I was standing in taunt range (in case the other tank bit the dust) and got hit by earthquake. I was more watching everyone else when earthquake jumped to priest healer. Healer was silenced and ticked 1500-2000 dmg. Only reason I know it ticked that much is because sct was telling me I was doing the dmg to the priest. I am thinking it is a travelling "stackable" debuff. More people it hits, more it hurts.

We were able to finally get the mobs down just in time to get lag and call the raid. What we did was dk tank took the mob halfway to the 002 destructor (or whatever) boss while I pulled my mob from the corner and backed up about 20 yards. I had to pop all my CD's and the mob was bursted down.

This would of been a lot easier to figure out if my combat log kept working past the leviathan. Server lag started after him so I am assuming that was the problem.

Hope this helps someone. Good luck in Ulduar!
Too much talking here and not enough tanking. Stop the bitching and get tanking.

Barathorn
Rothifer

Postby vya » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:48 am

Funny, I was coming on to post about this trash!

We didn't find the two huge dudes at the top of the steps very difficult once we realized that we had to keep X away from skull to keep people from getting chain stunned. Maybe we have super DPS and/or great healers, but the debuff wasn't an issue. A couple of people died, but we downed both on the first try.

The stone guys ended up killing a couple of people with charges, but then we decided to try having the raid stack up (like on the Leo trash in SSC) and nobody died. I'm still not sure what the charge mechanic is exactly, but when we stacked up nobody died.

But, ah, the fire elementals. We ended up tanking both from each two-pack in the "notch" next to a column at the bottom of the ramp on one side, me and another tank sitting on top of each other. The notch prevented us from getting knocked back when the tornadoes spawn, and it didn't seem like they did a cleave or AOE that was detrimental. We ended up having ranged/healers sort of fan out towards the middle of the ramp, and the space at the edge of the ramp was the designated run path. If someone was targeted by a cyclone, they would run over to the side of the ramp and kite it up until it despawned. Sorta like the flame paths on Archie in MH... GTFO and don't hit anyone else.

We wiped several times on this trash, and even when we figured the fire elementals out at least a few people died on each pull (especially melee), but I think once our raid figures it out and pays attention they'll get it.

Tiranknight, you mentioned that your ranged would burn down the cyclones? Where I was tanking the elementals I couldn't see a thing, but I was told that they weren't targetable... they're not mobs. Can anyone confirm this? Also, is there a debuff or something that the target gets? I'm wondering if DBM or a ThatJustHappened rule could be built to automatically notify the raid who's targeted.

This was 25 man, BTW.
vya

Postby Spectrum » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:05 pm

We had our share of problems as well. After how easy FL was we figured the trash couldn't be too hard. After all, it's just trash. Oh how wrong we were.

The giants we didn't really figure out much about. We died the first time, got them the second. After that we wiped on the fire elementals so we didn't have to worry about the debuff.

The fire elementals we didn't really figure out much about other than that the tornadoes target a person and move toward that person and can be kited.

The golems were relaxing in comparison and no one died.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Removing that jumping debuff is fairly simple, wait until it gets on a mage/rogue/paladin, then iceblock / cos / bubble ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:37 pm

Tell your healers that Earthquakes and Pyroblasts from Molten Colossi can be LoS'd.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby PapaNasty » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:08 am

we found the easiest way to deal with the fire cyclone guys was to just split them up, then burn them down

was only 10man so they die relatively quickly

when melee see the cast, run out until the cyclone is clearly chasing someone, then back in, as it will continue to chase that person for a while
PapaNasty of Barthilas (US)
PapaNasty

Postby Slavke » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:51 am

We died horribly the first time we pulled the two big guys, due to not knowing that they need to be pulled apart. After we figured that out, they weren't so bad to take down separately. For the golems, the druid tank just went kitty and I tanked both of them together, the random charge didn't give us much trouble.

As for the elementals, we ended up having a hunter kite one of them way the heck away from us whilst I tanked the other one and we burned it down. The cyclone was a pain, but we don't have much of a strat other than to heal through it and have the melee try to run their butts out while its casting.
Slavke

Postby Chunes » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:02 am

in our 25 last night, our strategy for the trash was thus:

Molten Giant guys:
one tank pulls to the left wall, one to the right. Zerg left down then move to right.

Small Construct guys:
have the raid not too spread out, tank the two of them facing away from one another (so as to avoid their cone attack x2 on the tanks), we just dealt with them charging the raid, it's unavoidable.

Flame Revenant guys:
have the tanks split them up, tank them with the tanks back to a wall (not entirely backed into the wall, but just so when the tornado spawns you don't fly too far. if you tank w/ you back up against the wall, you may take excessive tornado damage since it will just sit on you until it decides to move to someone else). The trick for keeping our melee alive was to just have them count to 13, then run away from the mob. Once the tornado spawned and was evaded, start counting and run in again. These guys are all about your melee knowing how to switch out of "omg i have to stand here and DPS the trashmob" mode and switch into "maybe i need to back away from this guy" mode.
Chunes

Postby Zeels » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:58 am

Worldie wrote:Removing that jumping debuff is fairly simple, wait until it gets on a mage/rogue/paladin, then iceblock / cos / bubble ;)

Another great strategy we tried was do die, then the debuff disappears :lol:
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon