Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Surviving Mimiron's Plasma Blast

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Surviving Mimiron's Plasma Blast

Postby Mithos » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:43 am

Plasma Blast is a DoT, if you bubble, someone will probably go splat. It's pretty easy to heal/healer CD through tbh, never been a real issue for us at least. Running with 41k HP standard setup.

The problem is in Phase 4 due to his ultra bugged Cthun Style Lasers. Any advice on that? I am getting a pain supression and blowing DP and Salv to live through the initial shockwave/laser combo, after that, it's just not healable without some amount of CDs similar. If he rotates when the lasers are up, he spazz out and spins ultra fast, killing more than half the raid >.<.
Last edited by Mithos on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mithos

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:44 am

Bubble it?
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Mithos » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:46 am

Forbearance from DPing the last one :(. I more meant any strategy that doesn't cause him to spin madly :).
Mithos

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:46 am

To be honest, he shouldn't be doing it more than once. If he does, you're fucked.
Panzerdin

Postby Mithos » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:49 am

Hmm, the second laser will definately come, usually whilst the parts are on about 15-20%, if you meant second shockwave/laser combo, yeah, you would be fucked.
Mithos

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:53 am

Nothing you can do about the laser, just run round.
Panzerdin

Postby Mithos » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:57 am

I wasn't here for the initial tries (yesterday night) and got thrown in to tank him today, but as far as our raid has observed, any angular movement from the current target of the bottom tank causes the lasers to spin round insanely fast, killing loads of people. I will try rotating like it seems youre obviously supposed to in order to check, but was told not to because of the horrible death it brings :p.

Also seems like this guys middle section is terribly bugged according to officer research.
Mithos

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:59 am

Well... You aren't supposed to get hit by the 80k DPS laser, and I wish you good luck trying. My advice would be HoSac+Bubbled DG from a Holy Pally, Pain Surpression, and Guardian Spirit. Even better, get someone else to taunt off you who CAN bubble the second one.
Panzerdin

Postby Mithos » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:03 am

This is the thread in question, most people are citing mass luck in avoiding the lasers :S

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 8720&sid=1

I think for the second one, we are just gonna have to have EVERY remaining CD used for the second one, and pray we don't get a third :P.
Mithos

Postby Mithos » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:07 am

Just re read the thread and saw this:

It has been hotfixed.

You can now move the bottom section and the body will not move, as long as the perosn it was originally targeted on does not die.

So, if anyone else was having this problem at all, scream at the person targeted to move so they don't die :P. Hopefully we can get him after resuming our raid in an hour.
Mithos

Postby remm » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:23 am

In P4 on normal we've noticed something interesting. When he "spins up" and does his shockwave/laser combo, which happens at the same time (initially), I've been staying in and having our priest put Guardian Spirit on me and my health bar doesn't move. Additionally, the guardian spirit isn't even being consumed.

On our last attempt I had him laser barrage starting directly in front of me w/ all of his parts at about 6%. There was nothing short of bubbling that could have saved me, but forbearance was still up. Luckly our kitty jumped right into bear form and SOMEHOW avoided it by running into the bottom... I'm still not sure how he avoided that barrage.

Before that attempt I was trying to nudge him in the same direction as he was barraging, but the center still flails wildly and gibs anyone who's running from it.

--Edit--
I just saw the post above mine, and don't feel so bad about "cheesing" it last night.
remm

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon