[10/25] Surviving Mimiron's Plasma Blast

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Surviving Mimiron's Plasma Blast

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:00 pm

Anubisknight wrote:
Worldie wrote:It's a option but then it would be too easy.

It might even be something like the damage caused when Najentus' shield is 'broken' by throwing the spine. The tooptip doesnt specify if its on a single person or if it is distributed over the raid (unless its been tested on the PTRs and found to be hitting the tank only).

Given that it will one-shot everyone who isn't a tank, that's hardly likely, is it?
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Salamandra » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:00 pm

I think he was more suggesting it would be split equally among everyone, although obviously the tooltip doesn't indicate that and if it did work like that it would be a rather small amount of damage. Like 1.2k damage taken per second for 6 seconds on everyone.
Salamandra

Postby Conaan! » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:57 pm

couple methods for dealing with it, if its interruptable, just interrupt it, if not, divine shield or any cooldowns will reduce the damage taken, along with chaining HoSac and GS, and possibly our own HoSac as i remember a glyph forcing our damage to someone else
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:07 am

Salamandra wrote:I think he was more suggesting it would be split equally among everyone, although obviously the tooltip doesn't indicate that and if it did work like that it would be a rather small amount of damage. Like 1.2k damage taken per second for 6 seconds on everyone.

Yeah, thats what I meant. As far as 1.2k dps taken for 6 seconds, remember that it has a cd of only 7 seconds. So, theoretically, there can be just 4 seconds in between casts for the entire duration of the fight.
Anubisknight

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:08 am

Salamandra wrote:I think he was more suggesting it would be split equally among everyone, although obviously the tooltip doesn't indicate that and if it did work like that it would be a rather small amount of damage. Like 1.2k damage taken per second for 6 seconds on everyone.

Yeah, thats what I meant. As far as 1.2k dps taken for 6 seconds, remember that it has a cd of only 7 seconds. So, theoretically, there can be just 4 seconds in between casts for the entire duration of the fight.
Anubisknight

Postby Corpsicle » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Blizzard has hotfixed it so divine shield can not be used to survive Plasma Blast anymore.

The effects of Meltdown will no longer be able to be bypassed by using Divine Shield.

source - http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 2571&sid=1

Edit: Hm, that is something entirely different. Well, I suppose plasma blast won't be long for it either - if you can't get out of melt down with divine shield, I doubt you'll be able to get out of plasma blast. *goes to hunt down more coffee*
Corpsicle

Postby Passionario » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:56 am

Meltdown is a 100% death ability (like Azgalor's Doom, Vael's Burning Adrenalin and Teron's Shadow of Death), while Plasma Blast is essentially a super-powered dragon breath.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby PsiVen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:40 am

XT changes targets (and facing) away from you if you bubble during the Tantrum, even though he doesn't melee during that time. If the same holds true for Mimiron's channel, you would have to be able to hold him with a taunt's fixate effect (which would be unreliable as RD requires a target switch to have already taken place and HoR may be resisted despite glyphs, assuming he's not immune). Otherwise he'd simply mow down the melee in seconds.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby kram » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:42 am

Yeah meltdown cant really be compared to plasma blast. One you're intended to survive the other you're not. Being able to live through meltdown is a pretty big thing for iron council.

On the PTR in 10man we had to deal with three blasts each attempt (this was before shirts). Used DP for the first one, HoSac+Bubble from a holy for the 2nd and a GS for the 3rd. 25man is a bit more to deal with though.
kram

Postby Splug » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:17 pm

In Ulduar-10, we were only seeing two plasma blasts before completing phase 1. The ability is not used in phase 4. While it can be survived with only two healers and without the use of a cooldown, having two cooldowns to soak the damage is extremely convenient. The boss is tauntable, thus having each tank blow a cooldown for one is very reasonable.

On the other hand, the number of trash mobs spawned in phase 3 was reduced significantly and it may now be a single-tankable encounter. The bigger problem we're hitting is phase 4's second spin-up seems to fire directly forward relative to the base, and the end result is basically the tank being blown away, followed quickly by everyone else. The damage pace to kill all three sections before the second spin-up is tight, but not impossible.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Janduin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:23 am

I'm feeling not having more CDs on Mimiron. That said, our system seems to work pretty well. I was Divine Protection the first Plasma Blast and eating the next 2 (25-man). Ticks for 24K. But he also melees during this phase, so you can get unlucky. A safer bet was I pull, get a threat lead, DP the first one, then warrior taunts, Last Stands the second, Shield Walls the third, phase over.
Janduin

Postby Slavke » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:52 am

My guild has just been healing through it on the 10 man version without me popping a CD for them, we only normally see two of them. I cringe the whole time though as I see my health pool yo-yo back and forth. Lots of low health warnings going off and me wondering if I'll get unlucky and die due to a melee attack bashing my face in at just the wrong moment. Judging from the 10 man version, there's no way to survive the 25 man fight without a CD for each one.
Slavke

Postby Lisson » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:59 am

first one= DP
second=PS
3rd= ret pally bubble divine sacs and holy bubble hand of sacs

havent had a 4th and no deaths to me on p1.
Lisson

Postby kram » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:16 am

Pretty sad to see how bad this fight was nerfed on 10man from ptr to live. You only really have to deal with 2 plasma blasts in p1 unless your dps is bad. P2 you only have to deal with one spinning beam, one attempt we didnt even get any. P3 I think the assault bots had their HP reduced and the rate they spawn at is probably 1/2-1/3 of what it was (although it was a bit too fast on the ptr imo).

Phase 3 I basically solo tanked, we just used the other tank to taunt and blow bombs up on himself.

Phase 4 you have to kill all parts from 50% to 1hp within ~8 seconds of each other or they heal up, melee can only hit the bottom and middle section. The blast in p4 is kind of awkward with the boss being able to be moved around while casting it.
kram

Postby Salamandra » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:48 am

Slavke wrote:My guild has just been healing through it on the 10 man version without me popping a CD for them, we only normally see two of them. I cringe the whole time though as I see my health pool yo-yo back and forth. Lots of low health warnings going off and me wondering if I'll get unlucky and die due to a melee attack bashing my face in at just the wrong moment. Judging from the 10 man version, there's no way to survive the 25 man fight without a CD for each one.

You can, but you have to be pretty lucky with the incoming heals, since if you don't get anything inbetween two pulses you're dead. I just used DP for the first one, got Guardian Spirit for the second one, got Pain Suppression for the third one, and every time he went into phase 2 between the third Plasma Blast and the Shock.
Salamandra

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon