Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Surviving Mimiron's Plasma Blast

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Surviving Mimiron's Plasma Blast

Postby Rasmfrackn » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Blizzard cheats all the time on Divine Shield now. They kind of have to.

Anyway, even something like Last Stand/Survival Instincts is going to be a large help here as another cooldown option. Vamp Blood too, even. It's not a matter of your healers' throughput so much as it's a matter of lining up 30k of heals to go off every second. A 30% health increase is enough to bump a warrior up to taking 2 hits after DR, which is probably the most important breakpoint. A 45% increase on a glyphed SI isn't quite enough for 3 hits, but it's more buffer for a smaller heal to make the difference.

Hrm... I guess after passive DR we'll probably be able to eat 2 hits. A bear might be able to reach 3, but I'm not sure what state their baseline and cooldowns are in. (This is without activating anything that is more DR, just lower-classed cooldowns like +hp or +healing.)
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Spamdrew » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:56 pm

Seems unlikely to be a dot since that would mean that he would me able to melee as well during the damage. However a cast time on a channelled spell is also kinda weird. Either way we should, baring Blizzard screwing us, be able to use bubble effectively for this.
Spamdrew

Postby Dorvan » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Spamdrew wrote:Seems unlikely to be a dot since that would mean that he would me able to melee as well during the damage. However a cast time on a channelled spell is also kinda weird. Either way we should, baring Blizzard screwing us, be able to use bubble effectively for this.

Not strange for boss fights. Malygos has a channeled spell with a cast time in P3.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Mex » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:26 am

There are plenty of boss channeled abilities.

Felmyst encapsulate, KJ mindflay, the already mentioned Maly focus beam, plus plenty in Heroics (prince in H OK, anub'arak I _think_ channels his swarm, etc). There are none in Naxx, but it's not a totally uncommon ability. DS while he's casting then /cancelaura as soon as it fails.
Mex

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:13 am

What, a boss with Paladin advantage?

I DEMAND A NERF.

I also demand credit for the idea of bubbling through it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mex » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Worldie wrote:What, a boss with Paladin advantage?

I DEMAND A NERF.

I also demand credit for the idea of bubbling through it.

So you want to be the one blamed for getting it nerfed? :P
Mex

Postby Spamdrew » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:46 pm

Mex wrote:There are plenty of boss channeled abilities.

Felmyst encapsulate, KJ mindflay, the already mentioned Maly focus beam, plus plenty in Heroics (prince in H OK, anub'arak I _think_ channels his swarm, etc). There are none in Naxx, but it's not a totally uncommon ability. DS while he's casting then /cancelaura as soon as it fails.

None of those are channel abilities that have a cast time except for Maly and that is because we are on drakes at the time. Blizzard usually doesn't like doing single target attacks with a cast time because it has the potential to create problems. For example if you could line of sight this ability (which I am going to assume the terrain doesn't allow for) you could potentially avoid the damage entirely. Equally rogue's vanishing, hunter feigning death and pallies bubbling all create potential issues with these sort of effects.

Now this ability doesn't look like it is going to be to much of an issue since to use any of these abilities you would have to have aggro before the cast started so only prot pally bubbling would reliably work.
Spamdrew

Postby theothersteve7 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:30 am

Or Hand of Protection, of course. Heck, I could bubble the first and HoP someone who taunts off me for the second, even.

Still quite healable, though I'm a bit spoiled with my Disc priest.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Rasmfrackn » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:19 pm

theothersteve7 wrote:Or Hand of Protection, of course. Heck, I could bubble the first and HoP someone who taunts off me for the second, even.

I have a feeling the plasma burst wouldn't be physical damage. :)
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Anubisknight » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:20 pm

If its got a 3 sec cast time, won't it be interruptable?
Anubisknight

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:40 pm

It's a option but then it would be too easy.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Belloc » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Rasmfrackn wrote:
theothersteve7 wrote:Or Hand of Protection, of course. Heck, I could bubble the first and HoP someone who taunts off me for the second, even.

I have a feeling the plasma burst wouldn't be physical damage. :)

Unresistable spellfire damage, to be precise.
Belloc

Postby Mex » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:12 am

Wow, wrong thread.

Move along, nothing to see here!
Mex

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:58 am

Worldie wrote:It's a option but then it would be too easy.

It might even be something like the damage caused when Najentus' shield is 'broken' by throwing the spine. The tooptip doesnt specify if its on a single person or if it is distributed over the raid (unless its been tested on the PTRs and found to be hitting the tank only).
Anubisknight

Postby Dantriges » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:30 am

Could be divine shield piercing. :D
Dantriges

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon