Ulduar Fear? *boss spoilers*

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby majiben » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:32 pm

On the GCD still hurts our ability to interupt.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:39 pm

There are also panther adds that need to be kept spread out, so it's probably safe to assume they can be tanked by plate DPS, so you may not have all your melee nearby for a portion of the fight.

I routinely run around with imp HoJ because I find it useful. It's still aggravating that almost all of our skills are still bound by the GCD, or subject to silence.

But even if the CD on the spell is long enough such that we could interrupt it with impHoJ, forcing paladins to spec impHoJ to have the a poor imitation of baseline utility other tanks have is kind of stupid.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Sure would be nice if we had some real interrupts.
Well you can talent HoJ to have a fairly short cooldown, and considering the group up requirement that the encounter seems to have, I'd expect melee will be in range.

If you're tanking... no.
Elsie

Postby Amran20 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:55 am

I'm just tired of having to put 8083048234982 points into the prot tree to be successful.

Now that an 11 point talent is actually appealing, the prot tree is still so stupidly top heavy that you have to dump points in Divinity or imp hoj to get to the worthwhile talents. Not to mention that they're adding SA to the already fat top.

God I'd love to get Aura Mastery and Imp LoH.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby majiben » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:27 am

53 points out of a minimum of 51 doesn't seem top heavy at all to me.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Amran20 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Actually you're right Maji after I took a look at it again. Still unable to get imp LoH *and* Aura Mastery, but I apparantly screwed up making my tree, and I'll readily admit it.

Edit: Wait, if I'm not having mana issues, I suppose I could get 1/2 ranks of SA. Interesting. I think I'll try that.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby daemonym » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:44 am

seems ot me it's something like this

OT BOSS MT RAID

wait for a like 3 stack

RAID OT BOSS MT

and whichever tank isn't 'actively' tankign the boss waits for the adds to come. the fear is what makes things get -really- messy. 20 adds rush in, FEAR! (paladin) tanks can't pick up the swarms, all are spread out, sabre lash 2.0 annihilates the tank.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Danto » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:15 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:But even if the CD on the spell is long enough such that we could interrupt it with impHoJ, forcing paladins to spec impHoJ to have the a poor imitation of baseline utility other tanks have is kind of stupid.

Druids have the exact same issue only difference is that they could TRY to get it with a feral charge but that seems like more trouble than its worth.
Danto

Postby Thrornir » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:42 am

Having not seen the fight, does she hold still to cast Sonic Screech? If she does, it becomes another Anub'arek fight where you dance out of the front cone until the blast is done and then move back in again to keep the boss's back to the majority of the raid.
Thrornir

Postby Splug » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:07 pm

Thrornir wrote:Having not seen the fight, does she hold still to cast Sonic Screech? If she does, it becomes another Anub'arek fight where you dance out of the front cone until the blast is done and then move back in again to keep the boss's back to the majority of the raid.
I wonder if divine shield and/or anti-magic shell work on it...

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Re: Ulduar Fear? *boss spoilers*

Postby Karnah » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:54 pm

The initial adds hit hard with their dot. The pull is the majority of the problem.

Damage from sonic screech (if i am assuming the correct spell here, i havent particularly checked up) is split between those hit by it, when it hits everyone, the damage is inconsequential really.

The feral defender is... amusing!
Karnah

Re:

Postby Katamai » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:26 am

Danto wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:But even if the CD on the spell is long enough such that we could interrupt it with impHoJ, forcing paladins to spec impHoJ to have the a poor imitation of baseline utility other tanks have is kind of stupid.

Druids have the exact same issue only difference is that they could TRY to get it with a feral charge but that seems like more trouble than its worth.

Bash is a spell interrupt now as well
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon