List of Outland Loot

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

List of Outland Loot

Postby lifestouch » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:59 am

Hey guys and girls,
This is really my first post here. I did a sig post but that really doesn't count.

Needless to say, I've been browsing these forums for a couple of weeks and really like what I have seen so far.

My question is this. Is there a listing of the plate/pally/whatever you want to call it drops from outlands dungeons? I mean one that lists good choices for pally's to take out of outland instances.

Probably should give a little background too. My main is a rogue right now but honestly thinking about turning that into the pally because the guild I'm in (small group of RL friends) needs a tank because we always have to pug them.

Reason I'm asking this question instead of just going to wowhead or Kalibans (both excellant sources btw and have used them for years) but the other forums I visit (www.roguespot.com) has a listing of good items to take out of outland dungeons. A raiding set, a good starter pre raiding gear setup, etc...

When I first came back to wow to hang with my buddies I went to that site and all the information on that site was wicked. The way they listed the instance drops was fantastic and really helped out when determining how and where to go.

I guess in the end I could write something like that up for this site, but was just wondering if one had already been made here. I haven't been able to find one but maybe that my lack of quality searches.

Also, what engine do you use for [/item]? I can never seen what the items are, it always says "no response from server" but that's probably just the websense I have here at work which doesn't allow me to see alot of things.

I know roguespot uses alla and it works great but the links here don't work for some reason.

Sorry this turned into a long post and also a big hello to everyone.

Life
lifestouch

Postby Seloei » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:06 am

*whistles and points at sticky*
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=163

pretty much describes what you asked :)
There really isnt a list for all outlands drops/quest rewards pre 70, since that time goes past pretty fast (slow for some but still) and you are picking up anything that happens to drop and is a upgrade.

as for items, it's [url ] url to wowhead item [ /url] remove space bars
Seloei

Postby lifestouch » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:12 am

wow, I've read that topic before. Well I'd like to put up a big sorry for being a noob and posting this topic.

It didn't even dawn on me this morning about that topic. I was just thinking about this last night and figured I'd post today when I got to work.

Sorry about the useless post here. Thanks for the item tag descriptor though. I appreciate it.

Great way to start off on a new forum... :(

I guess I just used up my one "jackass noob" topic posting hehe.
lifestouch

Postby Skwigelf » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:16 am

lifestouch wrote:wow, I've read that topic before. Well I'd like to put up a big sorry for being a noob and posting this topic.

It didn't even dawn on me this morning about that topic. I was just thinking about this last night and figured I'd post today when I got to work.

Sorry about the useless post here. Thanks for the item tag descriptor though. I appreciate it.

Great way to start off on a new forum... :(

I guess I just used up my one "jackass noob" topic posting hehe.

At least you didn't put your "Hi, I'm new." post in the gear help thread!
Skwigelf

Postby Kelaan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:12 am

Hehe. :)

There's also www.wowhead.com , which has an EXCELLENT search option.

Browse->items->armor->plate

Click the "add a filter" option on the right side.

You can filter by things that have defense, things that have spelldamage, things that are bought at vendors, (which basically is pvp and badge gear, plus the reputation gear). You can filter by craftables, etc. It's extremely handy, and can help you find an upgrade to a particular piece pretty easily. The Blizzard Armory's "find an upgrade" sucks moldy leather by comparison.
Kelaan

Postby Rashakal » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:33 am

Skwigelf wrote:At least you didn't put your "Hi, I'm new." post in the gear help thread!

I think what he really means is atleast you didn't say, Hi I'm new. I'm spec'd 0/61/0 or 0/59/2 and love it! Help me Plz!
Rashakal

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:44 am

and also Kaliban's Class Loot List
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby guillex » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:47 am

Rashakal wrote:
Skwigelf wrote:At least you didn't put your "Hi, I'm new." post in the gear help thread!

I think what he really means is atleast you didn't say, Hi I'm new. I'm spec'd 0/61/0 or 0/59/2 and love it! Help me Plz!

Hey! My two favorite specs from people right here on the boards!

/sarcasm
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Rashakal » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:00 am

Guillex wrote:
Rashakal wrote:

/sarcasm

Don't lie Guillex, you really were 0/61/0 when you started out too, weren't you? So getting made fun of by the tanks made you feel bitter.

J/P.

I really do laugh at people who spec that way. Honestly the only class i think that can go that deep is Resto Druids and maybe Resto Shamans.
Rashakal

Postby guillex » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:14 am

Rashakal wrote:
Guillex wrote:
Rashakal wrote:

/sarcasm

Don't lie Guillex, you really were 0/61/0 when you started out too, weren't you? So getting made fun of by the tanks made you feel bitter.

J/P.

I really do laugh at people who spec that way. Honestly the only class i think that can go that deep is Resto Druids and maybe Resto Shamans.

Negative sir... I've been 0/49/12 since I switched from my Holy build. ;)

Search my posts, check out the first few that I made. I did my homework before I switched. :D

<3
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Rashakal » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:18 am

Yeah, me too. I started out wanting to be a tank then I got my list of items and decided to switch mining to Engineering(since i was already JC) from Theoryspot.com for Tankatronic, they had a Main Tank list of gear to get uncrit/uncrush. I only found this site about a month ago or so.
Rashakal

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice