Remove Advertisements

Should I go for furies deck?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby uke » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:30 am

I pieced together the DM:V set before the new commendation trinket was out. It's been pretty nice, though I agree that if you can get the Kael'thas trinket, get it instead.

My main trinket loadout is the DM:V for the stamina boost (51 sta is nothing to laugh at) and a dabri's enigma for the defense rating. If FotC would ever drop, I'd likely work it in there, but it's been stubborn :cry:
uke

Postby Ariashley » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:12 am

I did a check into how much threat it adds. It makes up 2.25-5.5% of my threat on a boss fight in my blues.
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Postby Lookit » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:56 am

Discus wrote:"You just strike me as the type that makes everything harder than it has to be."

No he isn't. He's just like 99% of WoW players - the silent majority of us who aren't raiding BT every night and able to farm heroics. When you're a top player it's easy to forget that not everyone has the time, skill and dedication you have.

I'm not sure what makes you think I raid BT every night (never set foot in any 25-man other than Gruul once and TK once) but I am definitely able to farm heroics. I hit 70 just like any other player, guildless and in greens and blues. But I checked WoWWiki for easy-to-get blues and did nothing but run instances. I finished up my Kara attunement the day after I hit 70, and got started doing heroics the way we all do, tanking them in all blues. It's not easy, but it's definitely doable if you get everyone to work together. I've done pretty much nothing but run heroics and the occasional Kara since.

I was just looking at it last night, and I have almost exactly 10 days /played at 70. I'm currently wearing just over 400 badges worth of gear, which puts my average at 1.67 badges per hour since hitting 70. I log in, say hello to friends and guildies, and get a group together who wants to run a couple of heroics.

Heroics aren't hard, you just have to learn how to do them. Part of "learning how to do them" is knowing how to make your team mates not suck. It's letting the mage know that it's really helpful for him to sheep as soon as he sees you casting AS, instead of whining about what a terrible mage you have when he waits until the mob is on you to sheep. It's using CC effectively when you undergear the instance. It's learning effective ways to handle all the bosses, because there are definitely "easy" and "hard" ways to do them all.

Basically, all it takes to be able to farm heroics is intelligent play. If someone says "I'm not capable of that" then I don't know what to say.
Lookit

Postby BigBlueCheese » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:31 pm

I just put the cards I did have on the AH. I've decided to put all my money into my epic mount.

Now I have to decide which character to buy it for. My warlock is technically my main as it is the best geared, but I've been putting a lot more time into my paladin (running the shit out of heroics) lately.

Oh well, I don't even have like a 100 gold right now so I have plenty of time to think about it.
BigBlueCheese

Postby Robin de tolens » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:16 pm

BigBlueCheese wrote:I just put the cards I did have on the AH. I've decided to put all my money into my epic mount.

Now I have to decide which character to buy it for. My warlock is technically my main as it is the best geared, but I've been putting a lot more time into my paladin (running the shit out of heroics) lately.

Oh well, I don't even have like a 100 gold right now so I have plenty of time to think about it.

Your pally mines, so if your warlock has no skill like skinning, etc... go on and buy your epic mount for your pally.
Krahla - 80 Warlock
Elemmírë - 70 Priest
Veljen - 25 Shaman
The reliable protection of the horseman is DONKEY of the bathroom
Robin de tolens

Postby Humongus » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:09 pm

I am aware that this is slight thread necromancy, but i didn't want to make a new one and it is slightly off topic, but i believe it to be appropriate.

What i would like to know is whether DMC: Madness is as good as getting the Furies card since its quite a few hundred gold cheaper on my server. Having looked at the Powers of madness, I think they arent really that bad, though its the stamina im looking at.

At just under 11k unbuffed, would you say that it was worth getting either of the cards? Because it seems to me that heroic MgT is a far way off at my gear level.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Humongus
Humongus

Postby DracoTB » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Robin de tolens wrote:Your pally mines, so if your warlock has no skill like skinning, etc... go on and buy your epic mount for your pally.

QFT

This is why my hunter, my third 70 and a skinner, still has a 60% mount and my shaman, my fourth 70 and a herbalist, has an epic.
DracoTB

Postby Shamora » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:15 pm

Humongus wrote:I am aware that this is slight thread necromancy, but i didn't want to make a new one and it is slightly off topic, but i believe it to be appropriate.

What i would like to know is whether DMC: Madness is as good as getting the Furies card since its quite a few hundred gold cheaper on my server. Having looked at the Powers of madness, I think they arent really that bad, though its the stamina im looking at.

At just under 11k unbuffed, would you say that it was worth getting either of the cards? Because it seems to me that heroic MgT is a far way off at my gear level.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Humongus

The reason to get one of the DMCs is for the massive Stam buff. The effects of either are minor. The extra damage from Vengeance is nice, but nothing major. Madness isn't bad, but while tanking you probally won't get too many killing blows. Depending on your money situation and ability to make money will determine which card you want to get. I always prefer buying the best I can, because you never know how drops will treat you and I have plenty of money floating around.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby dougmcdonald » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:36 am

I also have a similar issue, I have the 2,3,4 and 8 I need to wonder whether or not to get the missing cards.

In total I've got those four cards for about 250G which seemed quite reasonable. Although the others seems very expensive.

I did my first Kara run last week and have another one tonight, but the vengence card seems like a good idea as I currently have too much defense, and two defense trinkets.

Would you recommend I bide my time and pickup the cards when cheap(ish) and still go for the card? or just forget it and focus on something else, like an epic flyer or getting mats for crafted stuff?

Armoury: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Douglaar
dougmcdonald

Postby Discus » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:03 am

>Basically, all it takes to be able to farm heroics is intelligent play

Humility is optional though.
Discus

Postby Lookit » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:06 am

Discus wrote:>Basically, all it takes to be able to farm heroics is intelligent play

Humility is optional though.

I am the most humble, self-effacing, genteel badass on the block, motherfucker!

;)
Lookit

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice