Remove Advertisements

I've got a problem ;(

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

I've got a problem ;(

Postby Failed-Stormscale » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:52 pm

So, tonight in kara i got Eternium Greathelm AND kings defender.

Previously i was wearing Merciless Lamellar's helm and Gladiators Gavel

Do you think i should not use kings defender and Eternium? it gives me more def/block/parry/watev about 1k less health and 230ish spell damage... =P

Feedback plz ;D

Also, i know avenger's shield is effected by spell damage but i haven't really noticed if it does in conc or holy shield anyone know?

AALLSSO.... do you think it would be wise to rocket aggro with the Gladiator Gavel and switch to kings defender?
Failed-Stormscale

Postby Failed-Stormscale » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:06 pm

I almost forgot, i also replaced Argussian Compass with Gnomeregan Autoblocker, thats a good choice i think right?
Failed-Stormscale

Postby Crittoris » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:13 pm

Eternium Greathelm > merciless lamellar's helm

but that drop in spell dmg on the weapon is unacceptable. Keep the kings defender for fights where your threat doesnt matter. There aren't many, but there are a few.
Saviorself - 70 priest
Expriest - 70 warrior
Wafflez - 63ish priest
Crittoris - 70 FINALLY!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Crittoris
Crittoris

Postby Evadragon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:56 pm

Ok, between the previous pvp helm and the fact you considered swapping out you Gladiator's Gavel, these are some big warning signs that you might want to look at the stickies on this page and the Basic Training page.

Though i know this isn't the place to ask it but, could you possibly post your armory link because I get the feeling you might have problems elsewhere.
Evadragon

Postby Seloei » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:30 pm

Yeah, he has problematic areas everywhere but he will fix them, when he starts to feel the pain if not sooner. If you can be bothered, please read the stickies how to fix it :)

as for your question

King's defender is a poor avoidance weapon and you shouldn't be using it. The Sun Eater is better for more pure avoidance fights but you should still keep on using the S1 gavel because it just gives you that much extra +threat. KD and SE are for fights where you have a huge threat lead (or will have one) and won't need the extra threat from S1 gavel (prince phase2, Hex lord come to mind so far)

Altho, at start/mid kara levels, you can get away with a kings defender and pvp armor, but as soon as people have atleast half kara gear, they will start to be threat capped and you will have people pulling agro off you or they will complain.

The Eternium Greathelm altho, is a big upgrade over your merciless. If socketed right it will be a big chunk of avoidance and health.
Seloei

Postby Failed-Stormscale » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Thanks for the input.
Failed-Stormscale

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice