Trying to decide which pieces to choose first.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Trying to decide which pieces to choose first.

Postby thewarphrog » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:24 am

Right now I am almost in all blues, other than 1 trinket. (Still spell damage one from previous spec, and haven't had the trinkets drop from SH or SL, and didn't get the tanking blue one from the demon chain quests in Thrallmar.)

I grinded the mats for the bracers of the green fortress, and got the +12 stam enchant on it. I have the Crystalforged Sword (I think?). The one with 120 spell damage or so and 11 block rating, and I have the +40 sd enchant on it. I know how great the badge libram is, but I am not worrying about uncrushability since I'm not doing Kara until I'm pretty much full heroic geared.

So I am simply trying to decide what badge piece to get first. Right now I'm thinking getting the silk cloak of placatation, or something like that. Lol. Lots of armor, stam, defense, and dodge. Its a definate upgrade from what I have, and good enough quality to get the +12 defense enchant on it.

Of course, I could also save up more badges and get the the helm or chest or one of the other huge upgrades, but in turn, they require a lot more badges.

Just looking for different opinions about what you all did and how I should go for it. I know it doesn't matter too much, but figured I'd ask anyway.

On a side note... the PvP mace has more damage, but I do NOT want to grind that much honor(not fond of pvp), especially as prot. And don't want to spend 100g respeccing just for the mace. What PvE options do I have for good weapons at Kara or lower levels that is better then what I have?
Never try, never fail. If you succeed, you didn't set your goals high enough. Set low standards and you'll never be disappointed. - Optimism for the optimistic
thewarphrog

Postby justa » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:29 am

Keepers of time Rep thingy

Crystal forge sword

What i did is snached up all the healing gear i could muster and ran around healing peeps in pvp for 2 weeks. Was not bad. Def worth it tho.
justa

Postby thewarphrog » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:06 am

I'm aware the the KoT sword is usually the best and easiest option, but the sword I have is slightly better. Has a bit of block rating instead of spell hit. Other than that its pretty much the same.

And I know its not too bad, I just hate how Blizzard made the best PvE weapons only available from PvP. =/ I would definately go back to shockadin if I did decide to grind PvP again, so that it might actually be fun. Point is, I'm not looking forward to having to grind pvp, which takes away from heroic times. Lol. And/or spend 100g respeccing for PvP.

But the weapon isn't my main worry. Just wanted to look for other Kara or lower options that would be better than what I have besides the PvP mace.
Never try, never fail. If you succeed, you didn't set your goals high enough. Set low standards and you'll never be disappointed. - Optimism for the optimistic
thewarphrog

Postby Dorvan » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:08 am

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby thewarphrog » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Thank you very much, that page was most helpful. =) and I apologize about this thread, I should have read the forum rules more closely.
thewarphrog

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice