Badge shield vs Crest of Sha'tar?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Badge shield vs Crest of Sha'tar?

Postby antiy4ho0 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:08 pm

So I know everyone lives by the Crest of Sha'tar as a starter shield for us tankadins but I was reading over on elitist jerk's and theres a thread over there that has the badge shield higher than the Crest of Sha'tar.

From what I can see, the badge shield has a little more armor, and a little more Block Value. The Crest will have about +10 more stamina.

I have 50 badges right now and I really wanted to buy the 2.3 Badge chest piece, but I'm also still rocking the [item=28316]Aegis of the Sunbird[/item] and about 5k rep away from the crest. So I'm a little torn.
antiy4ho0

Postby Crittoris » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:18 pm

5k rep is 3 heroic mech runs. Then youll almost have enough badges to get something useful, AND you'll have a new shield.

If you get the badge shield, you'll only have a dozen badges when you get exalted sha'tar rep, and all the other badge rewards are gonna be looking GOOD.
Saviorself - 70 priest
Expriest - 70 warrior
Wafflez - 63ish priest
Crittoris - 70 FINALLY!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Crittoris
Crittoris

Postby Seloei » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:13 pm

The badge shield is "superior" to the frying pan in looks mainly. Stats upgrade is meager. Even tho i didnt have full badge gear, i got it because i HATE the frying pan (a.k.a. Crest of the Shatar)

But... as they said... get the biggest upgrades first and start working on SSO rep, those shields beat both the badge shield and the frying pan. Not by much but they do
Seloei

Postby Eanin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:16 pm

I put the shield low on my list of badge upgrades, in hopes that I'd get a shield from somewhere else before I needed it. Ultimately, Gruul dropped his for me.

Before 2.4, I would have said it was a worthwhile upgrade once done other badge upgrades. Now, I'd just grind the new faction to exalted.
Eanin

Postby ulushnar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm

Get Exalted with the Shattered Sun Offensive. It took me two weeks of dailies and about eight instance runs total. The two shields are the same item level and usefulness as the shields Nightbane drops.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Lakirby » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:21 am

Ulushnar wrote:Get Exalted with the Shattered Sun Offensive. It took me two weeks of dailies and about eight instance runs total. The two shields are the same item level and usefulness as the shields Nightbane drops.

^ This.

Both shields are very good - and will serve you well for a long time.
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Barathorn » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:06 am

Just be really careful if you change from the Crest to one of the SSO shields because you will lose a little defense rating and probably a little health. I intend to get the Dawnforged Defender for boss tanking and the Sunward Crest for AoE Tanking.

Plus they look better as mentioned :)

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Acedonte » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:24 am

Honestly, the only reason I picked up the Badge shield was for when my Crest breaks from doing too much of what I do :D , and because I've had no luck at all with Gruul or Dragonhawk (or probably Kaz or BT trash in the future, I'll probably go Crest -> Bulwark, lol).
Stormwind delenda est.

Acedonte

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice