Professions for a Tankadin

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Eanin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:38 am

I'm seriously considering leaving engineering. I've outgrown both the goggles and the Rocket Launcher, and we have no guilds in Sunwell on my server right now, so any upgrade is a ways off.

Jewelcrafting has a couple of nice toys, and alchemy has the new trinkets, which I know from my hunter make a big difference. Right now, I'm just sitting on it until I see what will better improve my gear. There's no way I'm ditching enchanting, though. +24 spell damage for nothing is pretty much irreplaceable, and I can never grow out of it.
Eanin

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Eanin wrote:I'm seriously considering leaving engineering. I've outgrown both the goggles and the Rocket Launcher, and we have no guilds in Sunwell on my server right now, so any upgrade is a ways off.

Jewelcrafting has a couple of nice toys, and alchemy has the new trinkets, which I know from my hunter make a big difference. Right now, I'm just sitting on it until I see what will better improve my gear. There's no way I'm ditching enchanting, though. +24 spell damage for nothing is pretty much irreplaceable, and I can never grow out of it.

Mote farming can still be worthwhile...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Ciandin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:00 pm

Especially the motes of shadow. Ever since 2.4 I can't find a damn shadow cloud in SMV because of all the engineers farming shadow for new guilds heading to T6.
Ciandin

Postby Dorvan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:05 pm

Eanin wrote:I'm seriously considering leaving engineering. I've outgrown both the goggles and the Rocket Launcher, and we have no guilds in Sunwell on my server right now, so any upgrade is a ways off.

As far as Alchemy is concerned, the healing trinket is amazing, but the tanking one is pretty meh. At this point I'm using Ironshield more than Healing pots for anything where I'm really concerned about my survivability.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Aedan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:52 am

I had originally been Mining / Enchanting on this character, until the posts on these boards convinced me to dump mining for Engineering. Stocking up all the mats ahead of time let me powerlevel to 350 or so in about an hour, so in that sense it wasn't too bad. I'm absolutely loving it right now, too - the goggles are truly the capstone, I'd say, and really make the work worthwhile.

For some background, I'm just getting the last bits of uncrush gear I need to hit up Kara, so those goggles will last me a damn long time.
Zodijackyl - Caelestrasz
Aedan

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice