Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests Here)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Postby Extermi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:30 pm

Yesterday night I was lucky and 2 more set pieces - dropped giving me the option to go 4 pc. Which is really really amazing (on trash and the 2 remaining pulls I had some situations where it procced 5 times in a row, and I was 2nd in DPS only behind our crazy WL on trash). However, I have offset pieces in all 4 slots that are at least 10 ilev higher, one even with additional gem.

I have not seen a really good answer this tear, but is it really worth losing 2 times 10 ilev + 1 gem for completing 4 piece ? Its a lot of fun, its alot of DPS, sure, but is it really delivering enough on progression (Archi n + first heroic bosses) due to more absorbs/more HoPo Gen ?

AMR recommends me to drop to 2 piece and take my 2 best offset pieces, even when prioritizing 4pc in the options.

Thanks,

Extermi
PS: Here is my armory just in case - don´t think the question is really depending on my exact gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/d ... rmi/simple
Extermi

Postby Torquemada » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:55 am

4pc is ridiculous, and I wish you well even as I covet your luck.
Torquemada

Postby Honor » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:26 pm

75k+ absorbs every 6 seconds or so... need I say more
Honor

Postby Izaac » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:59 am

This is probably a stupid question, but is http://www.wowhead.com/item=124354/felf ... &bonus=566 an improvement over http://www.wowhead.com/item=110044/ogre ... &bonus=642, even if haste/mastery are better for me than crit/multistrike?

My armory, if it matters: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... aac/simple
Izaac

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:36 pm

I keep hearing that ilvl matters more than the secondary stats.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:46 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I keep hearing that ilvl matters more than the secondary stats.

Likely due to the strength contribution to Sacred Shield and ilvl's increase in armour. Not positive that the difference is enough to overcome two less-than-ideal secondary stats, however Mr. Robot ranks the Felforged Aegis 40 points above the Dinner Plate.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Schroom » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:49 am

Koatanga wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I keep hearing that ilvl matters more than the secondary stats.

Likely due to the strength contribution to Sacred Shield and ilvl's increase in armour. Not positive that the difference is enough to overcome two less-than-ideal secondary stats, however Mr. Robot ranks the Felforged Aegis 40 points above the Dinner Plate.

also the parry form strength but the main reason is Stamina. it has been buffed tremendously in WoD and makes all the difference.

also you have to realize that the difference between the secondary stats is absolutely minimal. they are so very close to each other in value that in most cases ilvl takes the deal.
Schroom

Postby BloodElves4Life » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Hey All,

I was looking for some thoughts on my gear (and build if you see something really wrong).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... h/advanced

Specifically, should I change my enchants to crit considering I am using seraphin 100% of the time? Is LFR set bonus holding me back? I am not running BA on my trinks and less BA on my neck hence my thoughts to keep the lfr set bonus until tier pieces drop.

I do have an Empowered Spineshard Crest (Mast/BA) and Empowered Greaves of the Fireflash (Crit/Haste) that I could swap out to. I have to farm the gloves to replace them atm.

Any other thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.
BloodElves4Life

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice