Remove Advertisements

Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests Here)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Postby Picklzz » Thu May 12, 2011 3:33 pm

Hello all. Just wanted to get some advice on if I should grab the trinket off of the twins in BoT or not. I currently have Symbiotic Worm and the Mirror of Broken Images. I am also a JC and have currently the 101+ stam gems in my gear and from what I am seeing, I will gain health and possibly a little bit more mastery after I switch the +101 stam gems for +67 mastery gems. Should I keep the Mirror of Broken Images for bosses when I need more resistance but keep the trinket off of twins in BoT on more melee friendly bosses? Will my stats be better off with this change?

Here is my armory link and thank you. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... z/advanced
Picklzz

Postby Digren » Thu May 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Picklzz wrote:Hello all. Just wanted to get some advice on if I should grab the trinket off of the twins in BoT or not. I currently have Symbiotic Worm and the Mirror of Broken Images. I am also a JC and have currently the 101+ stam gems in my gear and from what I am seeing, I will gain health and possibly a little bit more mastery after I switch the +101 stam gems for +67 mastery gems. Should I keep the Mirror of Broken Images for bosses when I need more resistance but keep the trinket off of twins in BoT on more melee friendly bosses? Will my stats be better off with this change?

Here is my armory link and thank you. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... z/advanced

This sounds like a good plan if you want your second trinket to be of more use during non-resist fights. Switching your trinket then switching back your JC gems is basically a trade of 120 mastery for 179 stamina. That's not a big deal either way, so the real net effect is the change in trinket effects, from +resist to auto mastery at 35%.

Keep your old trinket, and pick up a second mastery trinket as well (like unsolvable riddle). That way you'll have two mastery and two stamina and be able to switch them back and forth as you wish.
Digren

Postby Picklzz » Thu May 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks Digren. Sounds like a great idea!
Picklzz

Postby indirect » Sat May 14, 2011 4:31 am

Hey all, new to pally tanking here. Been tanking on a Warr for years and I've just decided to give Pally tanking it's fair share of play so I switched over from Holy recently. I was wondering if my gear is suitable for ZA/ZG. I was in there earlier and it felt like I was getting hit for much harder than I should (harder than say in BH or reg heroics).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/A ... t/advanced

I know my dodge and parry are on 12% (and I need to replace gloves, legs, and ring 2 asap) so I'm just wondering if that's just too low? The gloves/legs/helm/1h from ZA/ZG are all such nice upgrades that I'd like to get in there ASAP. Cheers.

edit;
Also, would it be worth it for me to drop the 10k on SB, or should I just farm for Bloodlord's Protector?
indirect

Postby Haztank » Mon May 16, 2011 3:03 am

indirect wrote:Hey all, new to pally tanking here. Been tanking on a Warr for years and I've just decided to give Pally tanking it's fair share of play so I switched over from Holy recently. I was wondering if my gear is suitable for ZA/ZG. I was in there earlier and it felt like I was getting hit for much harder than I should (harder than say in BH or reg heroics).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/A ... t/advanced

I know my dodge and parry are on 12% (and I need to replace gloves, legs, and ring 2 asap) so I'm just wondering if that's just too low? The gloves/legs/helm/1h from ZA/ZG are all such nice upgrades that I'd like to get in there ASAP. Cheers.

edit;
Also, would it be worth it for me to drop the 10k on SB, or should I just farm for Bloodlord's Protector?

Your gear looks fine for ZG/ZA so long as you have a decent group (i.e a good healer and dps that know how to cc/interrupt/purge, etc). Though I would a) enchant everything, and b) reforge as you seem to have focussed on dodge where mastery is a better stat, dodge & parry should be closer together or parry slightly ahead. Use something like mr robot for guidance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my request, I'm in a state of confusion as to whether I should spend the 2500 or so VP I have on the T11 legs.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... k/advanced

This is my Armoury.

At the mo I'm rocking the ZA/ZG legs which have mastery wheras the T11 does not - am I being close minded in viewing them as inferior due to the lack of mastery? We are hoping to kill Cho'Gall this week or next so completing the 4 piece bonus is a possibilty soon.

Basically, is it worth getting the legs or should I just spend the points on ret gear?

Thanks in advance
Haztank

Postby DominicJ » Mon May 16, 2011 3:44 am

Hello, first time posting so i'll keep this quick.
I need help ;)
My paladin is level 85 ilvl 350 but I seem to go down fast and died really easy and I can't understand how to stop this.
At the moment I also understand that I have 67.3% avoidance and I know i need 102.4% but I can't get anywhere near that amount and I dont undertsand how to get it so I take less damage and get my avoidance up more, here is a link to my toon;
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... r/advanced

Any / all help will be appriacted.
Thank you very much,
Dominicj
DominicJ

Postby Hiroko » Mon May 16, 2011 6:16 am

DominicJ wrote:Hello, first time posting so i'll keep this quick.
I need help ;)
My paladin is level 85 ilvl 350 but I seem to go down fast and died really easy and I can't understand how to stop this.
At the moment I also understand that I have 67.3% avoidance and I know i need 102.4% but I can't get anywhere near that amount and I dont undertsand how to get it so I take less damage and get my avoidance up more, here is a link to my toon;
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... r/advanced

Any / all help will be appriacted.
Thank you very much,
Dominicj

1/2 PoJ is next to useless, it also doesn't stack with your speed enchant - take points from Guardian's Favor to make it PoJ 2/2 and then use mastery enchant on your boots.

Enchant your cloak (armour), helm, shoulders and weapon (mending will do).
Change bracer enchant from precision to dodge.
Replace your leg enchant with a cataclysm version.
Socket your relic.
Continue reforging threat stats to mastery (boots need doing) and maybe reforge some parry to either mastery or dodge to make better use of diminishing returns.

afaik Wrath of the Lightbringer is better threat than Arbiter of the Light for those 2 points, altho neither will help with squishiness.

Apart from that I'd recommend liberal use of your defensinve cooldowns, even on trash.
Hiroko

Postby Thaoreghil » Mon May 16, 2011 6:44 am

Hi all. I now run the 10 normal BWD with my guild and need and advice.
I'm farming Tol Barad for a second Mastery trinket because i made a mistake when i choosed the first one, not a big one, but i did it.
My question is, with my Lifepool, can i use 2 mastery trinkets in raid, or is too dangerous? I think differents boss mean differents answers...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/krasus/Thaoreghil/advanced

Thx.
Thaoreghil

Postby Kenji117 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:57 am

Hello!
I don't know if this question is exactly answerable or if this would be the proper place to post it but I'll ask anyways.
I am currently using Mr. Robots Optomizer and setting the weight to 99 on mastery so that it recommends stam a bit more. The weights were calculated by Theck so at first I didn't know if I should mess with them at all. However I read a post where Theck had put up his profile and he was using the 99 mastery weight also. So, my question is for my current needs should I be going more mastery heavy or is what I am currently using alright?
I am asking because I understand Theck does Heroic raids while I am still doing normal 10's and thus the gear he obtains is different from that which I obtain in the sense that his gear will have more tanking stats than I would receive for my non heroic raid loot thus allowing to obtain the 102.7 cap and maintain it much easier than I would be able to.

http://armorylite.com/us/Illidan/Judgeurass
Kenji117

Postby Doughman » Mon May 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Hey guys ..have fun picking this one apart.
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/ ... hman#v1-z1

or

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... man/simple

First off, I have used the advice given in many forums here and going off of Dirgren's BiS list. As you will see I am heavily into Mastery. With full raid buffs (food, 2 elixirs, and buffs ) I hit the 102.4 % CTC on the nose with 28.07 mastery rating.

Now using mr.robot for the first time ..It is telling me some of my items are not bis ..mainly the helm Im looking at. Others I know I need like Sinestra loot for example.

Now question is ..if you look at the optimized reforges and gems It is telling me to match socket bonuses for stam mostly. I like being 102.4% CTC but fully raid buffed I'm just shy of 180k hitpoints .

I do however get told that I'm easy to heal .

Should I stick with what has gotten me to 10/13 hard modes or trust some cpu ?

Thanks in advance ...
Dough
The yeast we can do is knead one another!
Doughman

Postby Djones0823 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Here is me.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... a/advanced

My guild is currently pushing into heroic raiding. I've heard a lot of conflicting data and advice in regards to how to gear. Some people say trinkets like symbiotic worm are BiS, others say you should have as much mastery as is humanly possible sacrificing everything else to reach coverage.

Some of my slots are not optimal, this is not necessarily a choice issue. The mace of acrid death has not dropped for me, nor have I won shoulder tokens off Cho'gall for the 4set. The neck should be replaced, but should I hold out for heroic Ironstar or grind hours away in Zul'Gurub. At this point in time I have little desire to spend time in a dungeon I despise.

Is mirror of broken images -truly- worth the grind to get? I also despise questing and have not even managed to get to revered with hellscreams whatever so far. My intentions and ambitions at this point in time is to reach a solid 6/7 out of 13 on heroic mode. We've already put 3 behind us in as many weeks, and will get a fourth this reset if all goes well. Then it's onto magmaw and Valiona I suspect. For those with no real ambition to hit heroic nefarian or Sinestra(or cho'gall) in the current tier on heroic, would I be able to manage as is trinket wise or is the prevailing though pattern, "stop being bad and put the work in"?
Djones0823

Postby Aerron » Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 am

Djones0823 wrote:Is mirror of broken images -truly- worth the grind to get? I also despise questing and have not even managed to get to revered with hellscreams whatever so far.

Mirror, imo, is definitely worth it. +300someodd Mastery, and the Use is great for fights with magic damage (ie, practially all raid bosses). It's OP for countering Nef's Electrocutes ... Al'Akir's Electrocutes ... Cho'galls shadow AoE, etc etc.
Aerron

Postby Audryana » Fri May 20, 2011 8:12 am

Hi all, so my guild is starting to work on progression and I am one of our main tanks. I have what I think is a good starting point of gear and stats for tanking 10 man normals, but I don't like where my health is. About the only way I can see to boost it is changing gems from 40 mastery to 20/30 gems but I don't know if the stam is worth the block loss. Any help with that would be appreciated, or even any other suggestions if you see something glaringly wrong with my gear/reforge choices.

*cheers*

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... ana/simple

Armory link I think.
Audryana

Postby Flex » Fri May 20, 2011 9:18 am

Audryana wrote:Hi all, so my guild is starting to work on progression and I am one of our main tanks. I have what I think is a good starting point of gear and stats for tanking 10 man normals, but I don't like where my health is.

Your health is more than fine for 10 normals. Your average equipped item level is 356, the best you can get from normals is 359.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Vysage » Fri May 20, 2011 10:23 am

Hey everyone, just looking for a bit of advice. My guild is just about to go into heroic raiding and I wanted to make sure my gear was going to be up to scratch. I've been focusing on pure avoidance at the moment and have 88.66% CTC unbuffed although I have noticed some people in heroics tend to sway towards getting a bit of stamina in for some spell heavy encounters. I've also been doing TB dailies for the trinket but havent finished yet.

Just want to see if anyone notices something I havent. Thanks.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... age/simple
Vysage

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice