Remove Advertisements

Been plaing my pally for 2+ years, just now trying prot...

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Been plaing my pally for 2+ years, just now trying prot...

Postby Remsaa » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:04 pm

I have been playing a Pally for a long time, usually lolret or holy, but now I have several RL friends with characters that need heroics and maybe some Kara/ZA.

I just started collecting some gear, mostly BoE's due to the fact that I already did most of the quests that give tanking blues when I was leveling and usually got the healing or dps gear.

http://www.chardev.org/?template=32809

Shows my current gear

http://wowdigger.com/character/view/32998#o4

This link shows my current gear + the bracers of the green fortress I plan on getting shortly.

In either case I have hit 490 defense but my avoidance seems a bit low and I think I am a bit too squishy for normal MrT let alone a heroic one.

I don't have many BoJ's although once I can start tanking Heroics I will probably start getting a ton more. Then I will start replacing items with badge loot but in the meantime does anyone have any constructive criticism or advice for me? Should I change some gems? Enchants?

Also need some good tanking trinkets. None are available through quests so I am going to have to go for the drops. Figurine of the Colossus from SH looks good as well as Adamantine Figurine from SLabs. I should be able to tank both of these on normal, don't know about Heroic though.

Edit*

Reading stickies >.<
Remsaa

Re: Been plaing my pally for 2+ years, just now trying prot.

Postby Kaisendou » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:33 pm

Remsaa wrote:I have been playing a Pally for a long time, usually lolret or holy, but now I have several RL friends with characters that need heroics and maybe some Kara/ZA.

I just started collecting some gear, mostly BoE's due to the fact that I already did most of the quests that give tanking blues when I was leveling and usually got the healing or dps gear.

http://www.chardev.org/?template=32809

Shows my current gear

http://wowdigger.com/character/view/32998#o4

This link shows my current gear + the bracers of the green fortress I plan on getting shortly.

In either case I have hit 490 defense but my avoidance seems a bit low and I think I am a bit too squishy for normal MrT let alone a heroic one.

I don't have many BoJ's although once I can start tanking Heroics I will probably start getting a ton more. Then I will start replacing items with badge loot but in the meantime does anyone have any constructive criticism or advice for me? Should I change some gems? Enchants?

Also need some good tanking trinkets. None are available through quests so I am going to have to go for the drops. Figurine of the Colossus from SH looks good as well as Adamantine Figurine from SLabs. I should be able to tank both of these on normal, don't know about Heroic though.

Edit*

Reading stickies >.<

Daibiri's Enigma is a decent quest tanking trinket available in northeast netherstorm. Unless you chose the craptastic healing pants that would get replaced shortly anyways. :D

Basically, If you can tank average heroics (SP/Ramps/Mech/etc) You can handle Magisters Terrace on normal.

If you can AOE Tank Magisters Terrace on normal, you can handle Heroic MgT, but depending on the skill/makeup of your dps/healer, it can still be a bit rough. (No airheads allowed.)
Kaisendou

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice