bracers, badge, or VR.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby xyzor » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:26 pm

Why wont blizzard add a damn "gear bag"? Like the prof bags that can only accommodate equitable soul-bound items? A 28-slot gear bag would be a Prot Pally's best friend!
xyzor

Postby Bhrimstone » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:54 pm

xyzor wrote:Why wont blizzard add a damn "gear bag"? Like the prof bags that can only accommodate equitable soul-bound items? A 28-slot gear bag would be a Prot Pally's best friend!

This is brilliant.
Bhrimstone

Postby sbeacher » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:13 pm

I'm also partial to my Bracers of Dignity which I use way more than Attumen's on trash.
sbeacher

Postby thorn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Invisusira wrote:er, there's no such thing as loot council. only favorites council.

In theory, if there were a completely uncorruptable loot council, headed by a person so selfless that Jesus blushes, it would be a nice idea. But I've NEVER seen it happen.

hence, ftl.

i agree with this, but are you talking about the loot "council" consisting of just one person? because i would imagine this would be a successful venture if you could put two or three reasonable and progression-oriented people on the team.

and make sure those people disagree with each other often, or have hugely different views... and friends. ;)

i am speaking purely from opinion here, though, and not at all from experience. my guild's level of progression is only kara, za, and heroics at the moment, so we just do master loot with random rolls, main spec over offspec and any pugged members get a fair shot to roll even on guild run (it's the Right Thing To Do), however it still leads to fussing and stupidness sometimes.

i think i am enamored by the idea of a common sense loot council. it seems like the only fair way to cancel out those people who try to dance around the rules and/or find ways to manipulate them to their own end. and i know, invis, you "weed out the jerks out of DD" but i don't have that luxury in my guild of real-life friends. =P
thorn
Maintankadonor

Postby Malecandra » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:45 am

thorn wrote:i don't have that luxury in my guild of real-life friends. =P

In a guild of real life friends, the only way to go is random rolls. DKP doesn't work right if you try to be "nice" and let someone else have loot for cheap and Council of Favorites will destory RL friendships.
Malecandra

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice