Remove Advertisements

New tanking trinket from Terokk

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

New tanking trinket from Terokk

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:11 am

I almost added this to my last post since it's also about Skettis, but I just noticed the following from Terokk's loot table:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32534

Brooch of the Immortal King
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Equip: Increases defense rating by 32.
Use: Increases maximum health by 1250 for 15 sec.

That's a pretty damn nice on use effect, good enough that I'm considering farming this thing.

edit -- Also, it looks like it only come if the more complex random attributes, but I'd love to see an "of Stamina" version of this Terokk drop:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32537
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Eloff » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:00 pm

If that weapon even came in a vanilla 'of the Monkey' it'd be awesome! I still vote the the 'of stamina' version would be the best for us.
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Dorven » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:28 pm

That is some pretty nice stuff. For those of you who've done the quest before, how long does it take to run the whole thing?
Dorven

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:43 pm

Dorven wrote:That is some pretty nice stuff. For those of you who've done the quest before, how long does it take to run the whole thing?

If you've got a group of 5 working together it can be done within an hour. We split our farming up into 2 teams: mage/warlock/druid farming shadow dust who would then pass them off to myself and and warlock to make elixirs to AoE the undead for scrolls. It worked pretty well, by the time we'd farmed enough scrolls the first group would have enough shadow dust to support our next round of scroll farming after we did the minibosses/Terokk. Sometimes the mage would switch over to scroll farming as well. I highly recommend doing the materials farming as a group...the humanoid mobs include a lot of casters that are painful to grind as prot.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby DurWrathi » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:52 pm

Very nice, now I’m going to have to find time to farm something else.

I’m curious how other paladins are weighing the costs and benefits between an “on use” health item, like this trinket, versus a passive effective health trinket, like the Darkmoon Card Vengeance.

What’s the effective passive health on 51 stamina with Sacred Duty? How does that compared with the 1250 on demand health of this trinket?

Some fights will probably lend themselves better to two passive stamina trinkets while others may work better with on some demand health. What would distinguish such encounters?
DurWrathi - 70 Paladin - Alleria
Est Sularus oth Mithas, Est Sudanus oth Nikkas
DurWrathi

Postby Thels » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:30 am

51 Sta * 1.06 (SD) * 1.10 (BoK) * 10 HP/Sta = 594,66 Health on average.
ImageImage
Thels

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice