Remove Advertisements

New generic gear suffixes to check out...

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

New generic gear suffixes to check out...

Postby Dorvan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:40 pm

The 2.1 patch introduced a few new random suffixes for items. Thus far I believe the only appear on the blues from the new rep areas, I haven't seen them on any greens. Relevant to Tankadins are:

...of the Knight: Stam/Def/Spell Dam
...of the Crusade: Spell Dam/Int/Def

I picked up a Skettis Band of the Crusade tonight while killing the summonble bosses in Skettis (29 spell dam/14 int/11 def rating). Not pure-tank quality, but it'll make a nice addition to my non-heroic and AoE grinding sets.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Re: New generic gear suffixes to check out...

Postby Everlight » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:40 am

Dorvan wrote:...of the Knight: Stam/Def/Spell Dam
...of the Crusade: Spell Dam/Int/Def

Crusade's an old one, but nice to see the of the Knight suffix :)
Everlight

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:57 am

Everlight wrote:Crusade's an old one, but nice to see the of the Knight suffix :)

Hm, I checked wowhead and didn't see an "of the Crusade" gear listed on the random greens....maybe I missed something though, not really that important I suppose :-)
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby kurros » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:15 am

Crusade is old, but it might not be an option for greens. I only remember seeing it on a few blues.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby Alixander » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:08 am

I have seen "of the Crusade" on a green, but only one green level 63 belt. That's it.
Alixander

Postby eia » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:13 am

I got an item with 'of the Crusade' as lvl 62, right after the opening, so yeah, it's been around. Doesn't seem to be a "normal" random enchantment though, since it is only available on a few blues that I've seen.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28494

was the item I got.
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Kvaern » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:32 pm

Dorvan wrote:, but it'll make a nice addition to my non-heroic and AoE grinding sets.

You can AoE tank heroics now.

So far I've done Arca, SL, SH and BF with just one mob being CC'ed in each pull, even the pairs of big demon things near the end of BF which used to be able to kill a tank on their own can now be double tanked w/o a sweat.

They nerfed heroic trash pretty badly.
Kvaern

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:41 pm

Kvaern wrote:You can AoE tank heroics now.

So far I've done Arca, SL, SH and BF with just one mob being CC'ed in each pull, even the pairs of big demon things near the end of BF which used to be able to kill a tank on their own can now be double tanked w/o a sweat.

They nerfed heroic trash pretty badly.

Oh yes, I made a post on AoE tanking SH in fact :-) I still wear almost pure mitigation gear when AoE tanking heroics however, though I'm starting to swap in a little more spell damage when I'm with a group that doesn't have the make-up for AoE.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Shai » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:53 am

I got the Slatesteel Leggings of the Knight (+49 Stamina, +33 Defense Rating, +38 Spell Damage and Healing) on a greed roll and at first I wasn't sure if I could sell them as not that many tankadins on my server, but thinking about saving them for my 5man kit now. They're not too shabby at all tbh.
Shai

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice